Multiplatform Assassin’s Creed Shadows

fzdl.gif

The fan-outrage about the black samurai is one part of the story, and its getting more than its fair share of attention.

What is getting less attention, but deserves more, is the stupidly price-gouging costs that I posted previously....

...and...

...once again, the gaming journalist industry are attempting to tell gamers what to think.

Should have saved the black protagonist for a cool sub-Saharan African Assassin's Creed game. Africa and the Caribbean (being two places with the highest concentration of black people) are actually pretty ignored by game developers. Maybe they're scared because of the dumbass hoopla (or perhaps hullabaloo) that Resident Evil 5 received from virtue signaling dumbasses (and maybe some of those that believe their own b.s.), but if so that's just cowardice. Kind of messed up that they took away the representation of Japanese people (yeah sure they make plenty of games themselves but there aren't a lot of western games made about Japan outside of Ghosts of Tsushima) so they can get social media points and a criticism shield (which they need for their terrible pricing, this and that Star Wars game, same b.s.).
What bugs me is that these corporations (and politicians) have turned black people into a sort of commodity to sell instead of thinking about them as actual human beings.

*Black Samurai (Tokenization & DEI)
*Androgynous Female Ninja. (Trans activism)
*Absurd Pricing.
*Gaming Journalist being shills for Ubisoft. (Gamergate 2.0)

...and now...

*Sweet Baby Inc (Or just a leftist activist) is the lead writer.

They're just giving reasons after reasons to never want to play this game on principle, regardless if it actually is good or great.

*Black Samurai (Tokenization & DEI)
*Androgynous Female Ninja. (Trans activism)
*Absurd Pricing.
*Gaming Journalist being shills for Ubisoft. (Gamergate 2.0)

...and now...

*Sweet Baby Inc (Or just a leftist activist) is the lead writer.

They're just giving reasons after reasons to never want to play this game on principle, regardless if it actually is good or great.

You know you're a true deplorable when you're shilling for Ubisoft. They've been a shit company without the woke apocalypse adding to it.

I just don't get it, who are the retards pushing for this? I can understand DEI parasites gravitating towards successful brands like Disney and Marvel, but Ubisoft??

They can't go bankrupt soon enough.

aByQ62z_460swp.webp

Last edited:
Sucker Punch respected Japan so much that the country decided to make them ambassadors of the real life island the game is based on. Japanese devs were actually stating that they were jealous westerners could do a better job than they could. I’ve got a feeling we won’t hear comments like this based on what we’ve seen from this game.

Will reserve judgement until i see gameplay. My hopes obviously aren't high but i would like to see how the two characters function in game and whether they can do the Japanese swordsmanship justice.

I really enjoy this setting so it would be nice for Ubi to pull this one off.

Sucker Punch respected Japan so much that the country decided to make them ambassadors of the real life island the game is based on. Japanese devs were actually stating that they were jealous westerners could do a better job than they could. I’ve got a feeling we won’t hear comments like this based on what we’ve seen from this game.

*Sigh*

Can't believe I'm gonna say this... but the irony of that is Japanese developers royally butcher other countries culture within their own games to the point of being parodies.

Capcom immediately comes to mind, with Resident Evil & Street Fighter series.

Yet they demand complete historical accuracy in relation to how their own culture is portrayed? Or rather fans/gamers demand it?

Assassins Creed has never been a historally accurate game, and has been borderline parody as well.

And I guess I'm both defending Ubisoft & bashing them on different subjects.

*Sigh*

Can't believe I'm gonna say this... but the irony of that is Japanese developers royally butcher other countries culture within their own games to the point of being parodies.

Capcom immediately comes to mind, with Resident Evil & Street Fighter series.

Yet they demand complete historical accuracy in relation to how their own culture is portrayed? Or rather fans/gamers demand it?

Assassins Creed has never been a historally accurate game, and has been borderline parody as well.

And I guess I'm both defending Ubisoft & bashing them on different subjects.

You've kind of been all over the place in this thread. I'm not sure what you believe to be honest lol.

In one post you're mocking people who take issue with Yasuke and then in the next post you're saying that Yasuke is DEI and tokenization.

I think Asssassin's Creed being historical fiction while RE and SF being full on fantasy makes the expectations a bit different.

Should have saved the black protagonist for a cool sub-Saharan African Assassin's Creed game. Africa and the Caribbean (being two places with the highest concentration of black people) are actually pretty ignored by game developers. Maybe they're scared because of the dumbass hoopla (or perhaps hullabaloo) that Resident Evil 5 received from virtue signaling dumbasses (and maybe some of those that believe their own b.s.), but if so that's just cowardice. Kind of messed up that they took away the representation of Japanese people (yeah sure they make plenty of games themselves but there aren't a lot of western games made about Japan outside of Ghosts of Tsushima) so they can get social media points and a criticism shield (which they need for their terrible pricing, this and that Star Wars game, same b.s.).
What bugs me is that these corporations (and politicians) have turned black people into a sort of commodity to sell instead of thinking about them as actual human beings.

I agree, maybe Yasuke could have been one of the paid DLC stories. I think people wouldn't have had a problem with that. I don't think his story is really all that interesting in the grand scheme of things.

You've kind of been all over the place in this thread. I'm not sure what you believe to be honest lol.

There's multiple subjects in regard to Shadows.

Androgynous female ninja? Against it.

Leftist lead writer? Against it. That's the biggest issue that nobody's paying attention to, and it negates everything I mentioned previously that I mentioned DEI can be worked around.
It can be worked around, but it won't be.

$130+ price tag? Complete bullshit.

Black Samurai? All for it. Just don't claim historical accuracy. Just because he's black doesn't make it DEI.

Yasuke has been a culture & entertainment figure within Japan for decades. So when I hear 'Japanese fans are pissed' I very much doubt it.

OIP.HKzeFbjLFkVR804BHHsOGgHaJ4

So when the outrage about 'Black Samurai' is being pushed by the the hordes on twitter fanning the flames to gain attention and followers, I'm reminded of the fake 'Rogue's Ass' controversy in X-Men'97.

The focus on the black samurai is a distraction, so fans/consumers ignore the bigger issues, and it gives Ubisoft and gaming journalists an excuse to paint gamers as racist/sexist.

There's multiple subjects in regard to Shadows.

Androgynous female ninja? Against it.

Leftist lead writer? Against it. That's the biggest issue that nobody's paying attention to, and it negates everything I mentioned previously that I mentioned DEI can be worked around.
It can be worked around, but it won't be.

$130+ price tag? Complete bullshit.

Black Samurai? All for it. Just don't claim historical accuracy. Just because he's black doesn't make it DEI.

Yasuke has been a culture & entertainment figure within Japan for decades. So when I hear 'Japanese fans are pissed' I very much doubt it.

OIP.HKzeFbjLFkVR804BHHsOGgHaJ4

So when the outrage about 'Black Samurai' is being pushed by the the hordes on twitter fanning the flames to gain attention and followers, I'm reminded of the fake 'Rogue's Ass' controversy in X-Men'97.

The focus on the black samurai is a distraction, so fans/consumers ignore the bigger issues, and it gives Ubisoft and gaming journalists an excuse to paint gamers as racist/sexist.
To me it just feels kind of forced. They broke tradition just to include this person into the game. The last several games were not based on historical people and always featured a male and female choice that fit into the setting. I'm kind of surprised you have this take. Asian males have been erased from a lot of stuff in Western media and I think that's what why people are upset about not having that choice. Even going back to the days of the Kung Fu TV show and having Bruce fucking Lee of all people replaced. Then you have shows like Shogun being mostly about a white dude, Last Samurai white dude. It's like they can't just have a badass Asian dude take the spot. That's why a lot of people were happy about Ghost of Tsushima.

I have only seen the trailer once so I have probably missed it but what makes the female ninja androgynous?

To me it just feels kind of forced. They broke tradition just to include this person into the game. The last several games were not based on historical people and always featured a male and female choice that fit into the setting. I'm kind of surprised you have this take. Asian males have been erased from a lot of stuff in Western media and I think that's what why people are upset about not having that choice. Even going back to the days of the Kung Fu TV show and having Bruce fucking Lee of all people replaced. Then you have shows like Shogun being mostly about a white dude, Last Samurai white dude. It's like they can't just have a badass Asian dude take the spot. That's why a lot of people were happy about Ghost of Tsushima.

There's been numerous Samurai games over the last few years though, were there really fans clamoring for another - under the Assassins Creed series - with a japanese male lead?

If the entertainment industry was in a drought for Samurai games, TV, and movies I'd be sympathetic but they're becoming what zombies were in the 2000s & 2010s.

I have only seen the trailer once so I have probably missed it but what makes the female ninja androgynous?

The fact that its tricky to tell if she's a masculine female or feminine male at first glance.

They don't do that on accident.

Senior Writer For ‘Assassin’s Creed Shadows’ Declared: “There’s More Than Enough Games Out There With White Men As The Only Playable Characters. Let’s Do Better.”​

1fe71561b73571ea0204c614112300531ae2dc05.gif

The fat bitch is racist, sexist, and woke AF.

Should have saved the black protagonist for a cool sub-Saharan African Assassin's Creed game. Africa and the Caribbean (being two places with the highest concentration of black people) are actually pretty ignored by game developers.
AC4 was set in the carribean and featured a white protaganist.
The Expansion/Spinoff featured an african

Back