• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ASOIAF/GOT Book thread v20: Spoiler the boy (Lots of Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great episode, and confirms the Valaryian Steel theory as well.

maybe. they've done a few odes to uncast characters like the "possibly strong belwas" freeing Tyrion...

wouldn't be surprised if that was supposed to be Val. afterall Mance was having a child with her right?

Mance had a baby with Val's sister, who died when Stannis attacked their camp

Euron Greyjoy rumored to be joining cast in season 6. Hopefully the do Victario as well.

Finally.

#winterishere
#jonsnowistheGOAT

One of the best episodes in a long time. Rivals Tyrion's brilliance with the Wildfire.

I don't like how the zombies are 28 Days Later-style now compared to the calm and collected badasses from the first couple of seasons. And lol at the head WW's finely tailored clothing.

1. Slow zombies are ez mode

2. The badass Whitewalker's fight in style, don't hate.

Nothing short of stellar. I have Game of Thrones Nights now with some friends and this was the first episode of the season where we would have committed crimes to be able to watch the next episode.

Unspeakable crimes.

What I think will happen in the north:

E9
Ramsay kills Stannis via sneak attack.

272.gif

no_no_gif.gif

Get that thought out of your head! :icon_evil

Tellin ya bro. Shireen gets kidnapped and a Theon/Shireen wedding is set up. Its totally haps bro, ramsey's style for sure.

I thought it was established already. Aren't valyrian swords made of obsidian? It's just a different name.

No in the book it is not established. In the books the only established weapon that can kill WWs is Obsidian or dragon glass.

Sam also finds a passage about something known as dragon steel that can kill WWs, but we do not know yet if that is Valyrian steel or something else yet. Although, even if that is something different I still would wager that valyrian steel can kill them. Why else would Jon have a valyrian sword.

Also I'm betting my house that dragon fire that can kill WWs as well.

I don't like how the zombies are 28 Days Later-style now compared to the calm and collected badasses from the first couple of seasons. And lol at the head WW's finely tailored clothing.

not really, the one that attacked jon and mormont in the 1st season was pretty relentless.

It does seem as if the show is now going to end up with the WWs heading south and Daenerys saving the day with her dragons.

It does seem as if the show is now going to end up with the WWs heading south and Daenerys saving the day with her dragons.

I really hope not. Jon is the hero and should be ultimate savior.

Can't work out for the life of me how the giant got inside that hut.

Why could they not do more battle scenes like this one? They had plenty of chances. And there are so many subplots, they cannot devote enough time to each one per episode unless they make each episode longer.

Budget.

Battles are uber expensive.
Tons of extras, tons of costumes, tons of props, tons of CGI.

More often than not, battle scenes consume most of the budget of films, and that is why many TV Series don't even have battles per se, more like "duels".
Because that way you only use a couple of actors that are already under contract with a fixed salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back