Askren's problem was timing, not skill

YyslyNA.gif
Holy shit he's some how worse than Jake shields and rousey

only u dumb wrestling nerds thought hed be champion. just LMAO @ dominant

Askren was and still is really good but hes one of the worst strikers/standup fighters to ever be ranked as a top fighter

he was never gonna last against top comp. He already showed significant struggles against Jay Hieron when he started fighting higher level comp and close to lost that fight

I think his lack of speed would have left him susceptible even in his prime but still a top fighter who deserves respect

A very enjoyable character and I never got the hate. Fans crave some controversy but yet as soon as they get a controversial character they shit themselves...ya bunch of virgins

Zero chance in hell he ever beats GSP, Rory, Hendricks, or Koscheck even at his best.

Still a really good fighter tho

Zero chance in hell he ever beats GSP, Rory, Hendricks, or Koscheck even at his best.

Still a really good fighter tho
I think he ragdolls the fuck out of Rory and Koscheck. Hendricks might actually kill him. GSP would probably win something like 50-44.

He came to the UFC too late in his career.....too much wrestling mileage on his body, and not fighting enough top tier fighters before he came over. 5-6 years earlier, he would have been a dominant champion. His pure wrestling is still better than 95% of these guys anyway.

Go ahead and pretend he's a can if it helps you sleep at night, but at least he didn't "catch colitis" when the killers came his way.
naw he caught a fucking nap THREE TIMES LOL.

I found him and his ufc fights highly entertaining. I dont mind his trash talk and i like seeing him get destroyed. Its all really funny

only fat guys who dont train hate askren cause they dont understand grappling at all

every top level mma fighter whos trained with bens aid he was the greatest dc was nutting over him he just had a bad stint a fluke ko and losing to maia in a competitive match isnt a warrent for a retirement lol but he has a bad injury not sure when it happened tho

Askren put Lawler to sleep.

Came out of retirement and went 1-2 against the Top 10. Fuck the haters.

that stand and wang against maia disproves this theory. ben didnt work on his striking because he felt he didnt need it. didnt learn anything from the heron fight.

Holy shit he's some how worse than Jake shields and rousey
It worked until the takedown happened, it ruined everything afterward which led me into thinking why abandon it when it was working? He could’ve won by decision.

It was both imo, you have to be pretty delusional to believe bare wrestling is enough in a divison stacked with great grapplers/wrestlers with well rounded games.

Great career nonetheless and cool guy, hope he does well in the future and would like to see him commentating

I think his lack of speed would have left him susceptible even in his prime but still a top fighter who deserves respect

A very enjoyable character and I never got the hate. Fans crave some controversy but yet as soon as they get a controversial character they shit themselves...ya bunch of virgins
/

Lima just wasn't that good back then. He's saying what he's saying because a guy who beat him got obliterated by every guy he fought in the ufc. It's his way of convincing himself he is better than he is.

And of course we can accurately say that Lawler took Rory's soul and the Rory who is 1-1 vs. Lima wasn't in his prime UFC form. It works both ways.

Askren put Lawler to sleep.

Came out of retirement and went 1-2 against the Top 10. Fuck the haters.

He fought 2 guys who were considerably older than he was with a lot more fight mileage...and one guy his age who also had a ton more fights (including backyard ones that aren't on his record). Get outta here with the "came out of retirement" stuff. It's not like he was 45 years old fighting guys 20 years younger.

And of course we can accurately say that Lawler took Rory's soul and the Rory who is 1-1 vs. Lima wasn't in his prime UFC form. It works both ways.
Those rory/Lawler, Lawler/Hendricks fights took a lot out of all 3 guys. I don't think Robbie was the same after Rory 2 either. Those are some career changing wars.

5-6 years earlier, he would have been a dominant champion.

No he wouldn't. Jay Heiron stopped his takedowns... he would have never touched UFC gold no matter when he came in. If he fought GSP or Hendricks a million times he wouldn't have won a single time.

Back