Asked coworker about Wilder-Fury

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
His reply, "Yea, that guy from Britain whose KOing everyone. They say hes the next Mike Tyson"

Right off the bat that doesnt make sense. I go "I think your talking about Wilder."
He goes "Black guy from Britain. Name starts with a D"
I go "Deontay starts with a D but hes from Alabama. Maybe Dillian Whyte?"
He goes thats not him.

Comes back 5 mins later and goes "Daniel DuBois. Saw his KOs on youtube now Ive been watching a bunch of videos on him"

Late 40s Asian American guy.
Just thought it was funny that he knew Daniel DuBois because of Youtube.

They do all say Dubois is exactly like Tyson....

All those people look the same.

People who’s name starts with D, I mean.

Its from a promo aspect that you never know what will catch someones eye and make them a fan.

Kind of, I guess. It’s just one guy though. I’m having a hard time caring that he does himself a disservice by not following the sports of the Gods.

Kind of, I guess. It’s just one guy though. I’m having a hard time caring that he does himself a disservice by not following the sports of the Gods.
Hey if we can turn one guy into a boxing fan. I think we've done our job.
Ill get him to buy the ppv

If you really want to teach him about boxing, you’ll take his money and then never talk to him again. Give him an authentic experience.

I asked someone about waffles vs pancakes the other day. Guy was all "Waffles all day", to which I disagreed. Then the guy was all "Oh' wait, maybe it's not waffles I'm thinking of. Omelettes. Omelettes was what I was thinking. They're way better than fried eggs. Man, omelettes are the Mike Tyson of egg dishes."

Kind of related.

I asked someone about waffles vs pancakes the other day. Guy was all "Waffles all day", to which I disagreed. Then the guy was all "Oh' wait, maybe it's not waffles I'm thinking of. Omelettes. Omelettes was what I was thinking. They're way better than fried eggs. Man, omelettes are the Mike Tyson of egg dishes."

Kind of related.
Breakfast is for women can't relate.

Kind of related.
If you can't see how Dan Dubois and Mike Tyson are EXACTLY the same then honestly YDKSAB bro

Breakfast is for women can't relate.

I eat steel for breakfast and shit out the beam. Ate all the paper right off the ream. I ate the lava straight from the ground, and drank every ocean to wash it all down!

primary_Dolemite-Bluray-2016.jpg

I’m just more surprised that you are employed.
DeJulez has got a job. Don’t freak out if you find black gloves in your lady’s apartment.

Getting him to buy Wilder vs Fury isn't going to make him a fan.
The fist fight wasn't a great fight. Sure Fury is a skilled boxer but he's not in exciting fights.

*IF* Fury avoids getting knocked out he's likely to win in a fight where hardly any punches are thrown, it was only the knockdowns that made the first fight slightly exciting.

If you had to watch Klitschko vs Fury or Klitschko vs Joshua again which one do you chose? It's Joshua. I'd rather watch pretty much any Wilder or Joshua fight again over any Fury fight and I'd want to watch any Dubois fight over a Fury one too.

The only reason to watch Fury vs Wilder is that you're seeing 2 of the top 3 HWs fighting (and that only really matters if you're already a boxing fan) but it's not likely to be a good or particularly enjoyable fight and a wilder KO win will just give a brief highlight from a dull fight.

I’m just more surprised that you are employed.
DeJulez has got a job. Don’t freak out if you find black gloves in your lady’s apartment.

I thought he got paid by Crave for pissing off Heavies posters to increase forum engagement

Getting him to buy Wilder vs Fury isn't going to make him a fan.
The fist fight wasn't a great fight. Sure Fury is a skilled boxer but he's not in exciting fights.

You're crazy ....first fight was one of the most exciting hw title fights I've seen in the last 15 years ....
*IF* Fury avoids getting knocked out he's likely to win in a fight where hardly any punches are thrown, it was only the knockdowns that made the first fight slightly exciting.

If you had to watch Klitschko vs Fury or Klitschko vs Joshua again which one do you chose? It's Joshua. I'd rather watch pretty much any Wilder or Joshua fight again over any Fury fight and I'd want to watch any Dubois fight over a Fury one too.

The only reason to watch Fury vs Wilder is that you're seeing 2 of the top 3 HWs fighting (and that only really matters if you're already a boxing fan) but it's not likely to be a good or particularly enjoyable fight and a wilder KO win will just give a brief highlight from a dull fight.

I have yet to get anyone properly 'into' boxing except my girlfriend. She instantly took a liking to GGG so I've been showing her all his fights.

More people just go with the easily accessible sports like Football or MMA.

Back