Law Ashli Babbitt’s Husband sues Dept of Justice for name of Capitol cop who shot her

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
7b0dc4fe-461e-4efe-87fc-0816d00f1c8f_1920x1080.png

Aaron Babbitt is asking a Washington DC court to force police to hand over the cop’s name, as well as other records relating to his wife’s death, including video footage of the incident and witness statements.

The complaint, filed in DC Superior Court last week, came about a month after the Department of Justice announced it would not be seeking charges against the unidentified cop.
DC’s Metropolitan Police Department was tasked with the investigation, and has “failed to comply” with a Freedom of Information Act request filed by Babbitt for the documents, the lawsuit states.
The department allegedly blew through a May 12 deadline to either fork over the materials to Babbitt or notify him that he wouldn’t be getting access to them, according to the filing.

The DOJ found that “the investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defense or in defense of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber.”
https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/articl...gosar/65-b69a0859-b5d3-4829-b232-39416eaf1fca

Last edited:
They should release the name. We can't have a police force operating within the US that kills civilians, is cleared of wrongdoing, and sees the Officer enjoying anonymity the entire time.
Yeah that’s pretty nuts that they won’t even release the name at all. Seriously they are using this “insurrection “ for all its worth

if something like this happened in russia ppl would be calling out the corruption and violation of human rights, but it seems in 2021 us its k for cops to shoot unarmed woman who broke a window and the government to pretend it was perfectly justified.

if something like this happened in russia ppl would be calling out the corruption and violation of human rights, but it seems in 2021 us its k for cops to shoot unarmed woman who broke a window and the government to pretend it was perfectly justified.

Yeah, she only broke a window. What's the big deal?
She was playing baseball with her mates, ball flew into one of the White House windows...she went to retrieve it, and then she got shot dead.
<BidenShutIt>
<36>

If this were BLM, it would be "play stupid games win stupid prizes" from the right. But it's not so it's interesting how the right is approaching someone getting shot while forcing their way into the capital during an active session

This is true but there is no reason why cops name isnt released in this case but all others there name is released

This is true but there is no reason why cops name isnt released in this case but all others there name is released
Was it a regular cop? I thought another thread i read because of the type of cop they may not have to release or something.

Also surprised anon/4chan haven't figured it out yet when they can find the name and criminal record of dead antifa or BLM based off a grainy photo within an hour

If this were BLM, it would be "play stupid games win stupid prizes" from the right. But it's not so it's interesting how the right is approaching someone getting shot while forcing their way into the capital during an active session

blm literally attacked and destroyed a police station and cops pulled out and let them do it, while the hacks in the media were cheering them on

but when pro trump crowd becomes agitated, lefties think it's perfectly fine for police to execute disorderly citizens?

Yeah that’s pretty nuts that they won’t even release the name at all. Seriously they are using this “insurrection “ for all its worth

Not naming officers involved has been the norm in the past and DC / Capitol hasn't seen any reason to change that standard practice or policy. I don't know if it's written or simply an unspoken rule.

Imagine killing an unarmed person on video then going about your life enjoying that level of anonymity.

She was playing baseball with her mates, ball flew into one of the White House windows...she went to retrieve it, and then she got shot dead.
<BidenShutIt>
<36>

so she deserves getting killed for breaking a window?

how dare that peasant disrupt her ruling class superiors?

<BidenShutIt>
<36>

Where do you get your misinformation from? Chad Jones is the one who broke the window using a flagpole. He's been arrested and charged by the US Attorney's office.

Try to keep up dude. It's really not that hard.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/kentu...shing-glass-with-flagpole-at-us-capitol-riot/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/defendants/jones-chad-barrett

so she deserves getting killed for breaking a window?

how dare that peasant disrupt her ruling class superiors?
lol Come on, man.
She didn't "just break a window".

I don't think anyone "deserves" death. But you are downplaying her actions to an insane degree.
She tried to break into the capital where all the leaders of our country were, alongside a group of violent people that were beating the police and shouting to "hang Mike Pence". A group of people that thought the election was stolen and wanted to force the legislators to overturn the vote.

I don't gloat or find any pleasure in her death, but the idea that the outnumbered cops should have waited until all the crazy people broke in before they took action is insane.

Where do you get your misinformation from? Chad Jones is the one who broke the window using a flagpole. He's been arrested and charged by the US Attorney's office.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/kentu...shing-glass-with-flagpole-at-us-capitol-riot/

He gets his misinformation from your friend @grimballer apparently. It's you guys who are using "she just broke a window" as a defense and now you're gonna complain she didn't actually break a window, she was just trying to climb through and tie up some senators for interrogation or whatever their plan was.

lol Come on, man.
She didn't "just break a window".

I don't think anyone "deserves" death. But you are downplaying her actions to an insane degree.
She broke a window, tried to break into the capital where all the leaders of our country were, alongside a group of violent people that were beating the police and shouting to "hang Mike Pence". A group of people that thought the election was stolen and wanted to force the legislators to overturn the vote.

I don't gloat or find any pleasure in her death, but the idea that the outnumbered cops should have waited until all the crazy people broke in before they took action is insane.
Can you imagine what would've happened if they got their hands on AOC? Those troglodytes would've killed her.

Was it a regular cop? I thought another thread i read because of the type of cop they may not have to release or something.

Also surprised anon/4chan haven't figured it out yet when they can find the name and criminal record of dead antifa or BLM based off a grainy photo within an hour

Capitol police don't release the name of officers involved. It's been that way for as long as I can recall. Not sure if other DC or Fed agencies within the Capitol operate the same way. I don't agree with it. I also don't know if it's a written policy or simply the way they've operated and been allowed to operate.

Lack of transparency in the killing of a US citizen is troubling. That's how any American should feel unless they're a partisan shithead who takes pleasure in the killing.

Uh...why are you tagging me, and not the guy that made the claim to begin with?

I know she didn't break the window. I was responding to the guy that said "she just broke a window". My reply had to do with him downplaying what was happening, as if it wasn't a big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back