As an edgar fan, he will lose to Aldo IF...

LoneWolf237

Blue Belt
Reaction score
.. the aldo that shows up vs mendes shows up that day..
(which i think will happen)

just watched that fight, aldo was a beast! he looked so light on his feet, but still had such heavy kicks..

also, aldo has the killer instinct and can do what no else has ever done, finish edgar if he manages to hurt him.

but if the aldo that fought hominick/kenflo shows up, i say edgar can take this via superior cardio/takedowns..

and before you say aldo cant be taken down, mendes (who is not as good a wrestler as edgar) basically took him down if not for the fence grab (aldo was gonna get slammed FOR SURE)... question is; with aldos speed and ability to scramble back up and high level bjj, will the takedowns mean anything ?

It is not just about who shows up, its also giving credit to the opponent that caused that.

As an edgar fan, he will lose to Aldo IF...
HE GETS IN THE CAGE

This whole myth that Aldo was doing badly against florian is absolute bullshit. He looked just as impresive as. He did vs Mendez imo.

If Frankie doesn't get knocked out, he will win a decision. I think Frankie Edgar has a legit chance to win this fight. I am going to bet money on this fight.

If Frankie doesn't get knocked out, he will win a decision. I think Frankie Edgar has a legit chance to win this fight. I am going to bet money on this fight.

I kind of think alike, Edgar will become more and more comfortable as the fight goes on. If Aldo gasses especially. Edgar sets a insane pace and you have to have top notch cardio to keep on with him.

Thing is, Edgar eats many shots in early rounds...man he has to be careful with that he's about to face the best striker he has ever faced...

Such an awesome fight.

i like "Scarface," but even as a BJ Penn fan, i'll be rooting for Frankie. and i also think he is able to win the fight.

and please Augustus, go away with that avatar. i would like to do horrible things to that beautiful human being. :p:p

This whole myth that Aldo was doing badly against florian is absolute bullshit. He looked just as impresive as. He did vs Mendez imo.

Glad somebody said it. The more people call that a poor performance, the more people forget how good Kenny Florian actually is.

You're no Edgar fan, he will take this via a hard fought UD.

I think Edgar beats everyone at LW but I can't see him beating Aldo. Should have stayed at 155 imo.

No matter what happens, Frankie gets another title shot somewhere soon, I don't care what weight class or what narrative it fits into. Frankie don't do contender bouts

I love how you just gloss over the statement of Edgar having better wrestling than Mendez. I'm not sure how you are so confident in that.

Hominick pretty much had the only chance of beating Aldo. Aldo with a bad weight cut, coming off of back surgery and an extended layoff against a guy with home advantage. And Aldo still took it too him. If Ben can hit kicks on Frankie its going to be unsettling to see what Aldo will do to him.

I kind of think alike, Edgar will become more and more comfortable as the fight goes on. If Aldo gasses especially. Edgar sets a insane pace and you have to have top notch cardio to keep on with him.

Thing is, Edgar eats many shots in early rounds...man he has to be careful with that he's about to face the best striker he has ever faced...

Such an awesome fight.

Yeah this is a great fight: it has a superfight feel to it for sure.

Back