As an edgar fan, he will lose to Aldo IF...

Huge Frankie fan and love the fact people always underestimate him.

It has less to do with "what Aldo shows up" but how he reacts to the different fighters he's fighting. Frankie is the best fighter he's fought so it will be tough.

The Aldo that blatantly grabs the cage without punishment will destroy anyone

So whats the differentiating factor for aldo? Motivation? The look in his eyes? How are his knees?

Im kidding, i think Aldo looked better against Mendes too. Part of it was the stylistic match up or it could have been some other reason. But i don't think ground game will be a big factor in this fight. Frankie will probably use them only to get into aldo's head and try to outstrike him. Which he could do. But i think Aldo will cause too much damage over 5 rounds.

Frankie has beaten much tougher guys than Aldo has in a higher weight class. He should be the LW champ right now. He'll win this fight.

Frankie has beaten much tougher guys than Aldo has in a higher weight class. He should be the LW champ right now. He'll win this fight.

First and second statements are correct. But it doesn't mean the third one will happen. That's just another kind of mmath.

Aldo could very well beat all those guys Frankie did, then have two very close fights with Benson. Can't see Benson finishing or dominating Aldo like he did with Diaz, it would be as close as both Edgar fights were.

I can't see Frankie winning this unless Aldo just decides not to throw leg kicks at all, Frankie's best asset is his speed and movement and he's not going to have too much of that after a round of leg kicks.

(As an edgar fan, he will lose to Aldo IF...) they fight.

inb4 "but he grabbed the fence".

Are you referring to Edgar grabbing the fence to save his life against Maynard?
I agree, hopefully Aldo/Edgar will have a capable Ref when Aldo goes for the finish.

I think Bendo showed that leg kicks are very effective at limiting Edgar's movement. I think Aldo has better kicks than Bendo. I think Edgar is in for a long night.

The Aldo that blatantly grabs the cage without punishment will destroy anyone
Aldo has met his match with someone "that blatantly grabs the cage without punishment".
Watch Maynard/Edgar 2 R1 if you want to see some real Fence grabbing. Edgar had his back to the Fight, clinging to the Cage with both hands, cowering. you couldn't have placed a Playing Card between his body and the Fence.
Edgar is a Pro grabber, Aldo is an amateur in comparison.

Edgar is legit but if anyone watched his last four fights they would see more than a few reasons of how he loses this fight.

Hominick pretty much had the only chance of beating Aldo. Aldo with a bad weight cut, coming off of back surgery and an extended layoff against a guy with home advantage. And Aldo still took it too him. If Ben can hit kicks on Frankie its going to be unsettling to see what Aldo will do to him.

Now it's basically the same situation and Frankie is more dangerous than Hominick. Though I give Aldo the edge... I will not put my money on it.

Now it's basically the same situation and Frankie is more dangerous than Hominick. Though I give Aldo the edge... I will not put my money on it.

Not the same situation.

Not only Aldo was taking antibiotics till 5 days before the fight because of a foot infection, Aldo also got himself some muscles for that fight against Hominick, his gameplan included takedowns and he wanted to be the heavier guy on the top, it worked well for him until he gassed because the cut was too harsh.

He's been looking leaner since then and he comes from an experienced camp who is probably working on his cardio even more to fight a fast paced guy like Edgar.

Fight of the year guys, can go either way ...

As an edgar fan i think he wins this fight after aldo gasses badly

Back