As a UFC Fan, what has been the most solid DEFENSE of a title you have seen in recent history?

TJ vs Cody 2 was definitely a solid defence in recent memory. Can't get better than a 1st round knockout.

Dunno what you mean by "recent".
Gotta be TJ though, that was boss

I thought stipe beating ngannou was pretty bad ass. Mainly because so many people were writing off stipe and he completely outclassed the dude. Too bad immediately after he gets knocked out in the first round by the second best guy in the weight class below him.
<{cruzshake}>

McGregor beating Tony, Lee and then Khabib after taking Alvarez‘ belt. Puts him into GOAT contention in my book.
6NwA7Nf.gif

Recently I'd go with TJ beating Cody. Pretty much no question whose the better fighter at this point.

Woodley Abu Schaubi-ing Maia.

I actually have to go with the LIGHTER weight classes, and say Max vs Aldo, and TJ vs Cody, both rematches. Both champs FINISHED their challengers, in dominant fashion.

Which champions have recently defended their belts in the most impressive fashion to you?
Mighty Mouse defended with ease most of the time.

GSP's defenses mostly were really dominant albeit a bit boring.

I would say Cain vs JDS 3. I have been a huge JDS fan and it was sad to see him get annhilated and then finished.

For me it's a tough choice between Nicco Montaño and Germain de Randamie.

AmazingHandyGalapagosalbatross-small.gif

DC smashing Oezdemir. Ground and pound FTW!

Oezdemir was coming in a dangerous challenger as well. He looked like maybe he had the Touch Of Death. People were literally questioning if his fights were fixed or something because he was dropping guys like Cirkunov and Manuwa with 1 inch punches in tight spaces.

But DC showed us there are levels to this game

I actually have to go with the LIGHTER weight classes, and say Max vs Aldo, and TJ vs Cody, both rematches. Both champs FINISHED their challengers, in dominant fashion.

Which champions have recently defended their belts in the most impressive fashion to you?

I have to disagree, Aldo won the first and was doing very well in the 2nd and Cody had TJ badly hurt.

The only answer is Penn vs Sanchez. Sanchez only managed to land something like 8 strikes in the 22 or so minutes before getting finished and zero takedowns. He was completely shut down and dominated.

I thought stipe beating ngannou was pretty bad ass. Mainly because so many people were writing off stipe and he completely outclassed the dude. Too bad immediately after he gets knocked out in the first round by the second best guy in the weight class below him.

At least the "second best guy in the weight class below him" was originally a heavyweight; perhaps fighting down a class from where DC's body naturally wanted to be handicapped him too much to be unbeaten in that division?

But I agree that Stipe's defenses were pretty bad-ass. Signing on to fight Ngannou barely a week after he launched Overeem with the shot GIFed round the world, then proceeding to beat the very soul out of him. Avenging himself on JDS in 1/10th the time it took to lose to him, with a blow whose sickening thud could be clearly heard on air. Going from what seemed certain defeat to triumphant victory all before the end of a Round 1, with the cold, precise pistoning of his fist on the Reem's chin. He may not be "and still" right now, but he's still a goddam beast.

Back