as a huge Cain fan, overeem worries me.

Overeem in the first round is scary as fuck. The guy has borderline-Bob Sapp hulk strength and the most lethal striking arsenal/clinch game in MMA.

Cain can win the fight but he's going to have to weather an absolute fuckstorm to do it.

Overeem in the first round is scary as fuck. The guy has borderline-Bob Sapp hulk strength and the most lethal striking arsenal/clinch game in MMA.

Cain can win the fight but he's going to have to weather an absolute fuckstorm to do it.

That's a good description.

I think that if Cain can get Overeem to the ground he can win the fight. If he can't Overeem knocks him out. The difference between this fight and the Overeem/Lesnar fight is that Cain Velasquez has good standup and he's better at setting up takedowns with his striking and mixing things up. Plus he's the smaller and more nimble fighter. On the other hand Overeem has super strength and a varied striking game plus good takedown defense and a ground game. It's also not out of the question that he can put Cain on his back.

People talk about Overeem's stamina but let's not forget that Cain got knocked out but Junior and rocked by Kongo. Overeem can definitely knock him out if he lands flush.

hasn't been put out ?

1.gif

Also dropped 3 times against Kongo, Cain went down whenever he got hit.

I'd say it's suspect.

Going down =\= getting put out. See Lawler v Diaz, Gonzaga v CroCop, etc.

Who won that fight he had with Kongo? Doesn't matter how many times you go down if you get back up & win the fight.

Reem been knocked out by Shogun twice, Kharitonov, Arona, Lil Nog, Chuck, Hoffman and aforementioned Badr Hari. Shame you can't grow that chin muscle...

Going down =\= getting put out. See Lawler v Diaz, Gonzaga v CroCop, etc.

Who won that fight he had with Kongo? Doesn't matter how many times you go down if you get back up & win the fight.

Lol Cain got ktfo in their first fight. Idk what ur seeing or watching but cain was out cold.

Lol Cain got ktfo in their first fight. Idk what ur seeing or watching but cain was out cold.

You don't know what out cold means. He went out briefly after some GNP. But he caught himself from with his hands after the punch... Someone who got ktfo would have faceplanted.
My point is that Cain's chin isn't suspect. People point to the Kongo fight despite the fact Cain won. In the first JDS fight he got clobbered. But he wasn't out cold. He was walking around 10 seconds after it happened.

I love that you attempted to seem objective in the beginning of your post, but by the end you went full nuthugger.

I noticed this too :D

That said, anyone in the HW division should be worried about the reem, especially Prown Bride, who was rocked the last time he fought a decent kickboxer (Cheick "ma bad self" Kongo)

You don't know what out cold means. He went out briefly after some GNP. But he caught himself from with his hands after the punch... Someone who got ktfo would have faceplanted.
My point is that Cain's chin isn't suspect. People point to the Kongo fight despite the fact Cain won. In the first JDS fight he got clobbered. But he wasn't out cold. He was walking around 10 seconds after it happened.

I'm pretty sure he was out.

10 seconds or 10 hours, he was still out.

I'm pretty sure he was out.

10 seconds or 10 hours, he was still out.

Backpedaling like a mug. I don't need you to agree with me. I know I'm right.

As a huge Cain fan, you shoul know these things.

I just want to get this straight... the guy who got outstruck by Werdum is gonna ko Cain in under a round? Cuz that's all he has. Round 2 Reem was really tired against Werdum. Cain will not be tired, he will not be discouraged, he will not back flop.

Werdum does not have the power Cain has, yet he made Reem retereat and cower numerous times. Brock is not top talent, crushing him means nothing, like Duffee, Rogers, Fujita, etc...

Cain better not flop as he doesnt have a ground game like Werdum. If Cain goes down then Overeem will be all over him like a tank that smashes and submits you.

Brock crushes Mir,Carwin,Herring and Couture...OMG Brock is the awesomez!
Cain smashes Brock...Brock was awesome opponent and good win for Cain!

Overeem makes Brock look like a child in the octagon and all of a sudden Brock is no good at all and couldnt cut it in Shark fights.

That is the lulz.

Overeem could definitly beat Cain. But I think if it goes past the second, overeem gets finished. 65to 70% chance to Cain by stoppage IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back