as a huge Cain fan, overeem worries me.

standupguru**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Say what up want about the reem, but the guy is no joke. Hes got insane credentials.

K-1 champ - highest "stand up" level, you dont become k-1 champ by luck, he ko'ed badr hari !!!!!!!!! who no one in mma can survive 2 mins with, badr hari would ko anderson silva out silly.

And he also has some underrated ground game, reem has more sub wins than ko wins.

The reem is the real deal and he deserves some hespect around here.

Overeem 2013 hw champ !!!!!

I know JDS beat Cain, but I think Overeem has a better chance against Cain than JDS just due to his size, strength and varied attack.

I love that you attempted to seem objective in the beginning of your post, but by the end you went full nuthugger.

I love that you attempted to seem objective in the beginning of your post, but by the end you went full nuthugger.

This.

As a huge Cain fan, I Overeem does not worry me. JDS still does.

Not to take anything away from Overeem's K1 championship, but he didn't have to go through either Hari or Schilt... He fought an injured Saki in the 2nd round (always wanted to see that rematch) and old man Aerts in the final!

This.

As a huge Cain fan, I Overeem does not worry me. JDS still does.

Good tdd (unlike cage grabbing) best stand up good submission game strong as a horse and strength adv over cain experience adv
Cain's questionable chin

So how does overeem not worry you ?

Overeem has a realistic chance of blasting Cain in Round 1 with Uberknees to the solar plexus or Cain's large head. Alistair's counter hooks have lethal KO power as well.

But if Cain weathers that initial storm, I think he will wear out Overeem to a TKO victory in Round 2 or 3

After the JDS fight i am not worried at all, maybe in a KB match Overeem destroys Cain, but in MMA Overeem will suffer Bigfoot

Good tdd (unlike cage grabbing) best stand up good submission game strong as a horse and strength adv over cain experience adv
Cain's questionable chin

Overeem has a questionable chin himself, and unquestionably worse cardio.

Cain's questionable chin

Overeem eventually gasses in every fight. I would say Overeem's chin is more questionable than Cain's. Also, Cain's takedowns are better than Overeem's takedown defense IMO.

We'll see once they fight.

Edit: I also think Cain holds a speed advantage over Overeem.

If Cain survives the initial onslaught he'll win easily, the pace he set against JDS would tire Overeem out within the first round, no way he can keep up with Cain. Only way Overeem wins is an early KO, other than that Cain by domination similar to the JDS fight.

Say what up want about the reem, but the guy is no joke. Hes got insane credentials.

K-1 champ - highest "stand up" level, you dont become k-1 champ by luck, he ko'ed badr hari !!!!!!!!! who no one in mma can survive 2 mins with, badr hari would ko anderson silva out silly.

And he also has some underrated ground game, reem has more sub wins than ko wins.

The reem is the real deal and he deserves some hespect around here.

Overeem 2013 hw champ !!!!!

I wouldnt worry about it too much. Im neither a fan of Cain of Overeem so my opinion on this is completely unbias. Cain wins this one and I dont think it will that tough of a fight for him.

So it all comes down to if the reem can put cain away in 1 rd.

And overeem hits wayyyyy too hard. Overeem is very precise with his knees and hooks, he will catch cain and like always, cain will get dropped when hit with a good shot.

And lol @ people saying overeems chin is more suspect than cains.

Overeem took a flush lhk from hari, it stunned him but never dropped.
Cain gets dropped everytime someone lands flush

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back