As a Conor hater, I respect his heart for a 170 bout.

Considering Lawler fought at 185 for alot of his career thats probably not the best example.
If Lawler fought uriah hall or Tim Kennedy at 205 on 11 days notice it would be a big deal. If Rockhold fought OSP or Glover T. at a 220 lb catch weight on short notice it would be a huge deal. Why would mcgregor fighting diaz at 170 not be a big deal?

Why is everyone talking as if Nate hasn't fought at WW before, and due to his size would actually be more suited for the likes of WW than LW? Dude is pretty much the same size as his brother, who has fought at 185.

Never said anything about Nate not fighting at WW, he just never really does aside from the mauling Rory gave him.

Nate may have fought at WW but he was average there, just like Conor was when he was a LW.

No

I can promise you Conor is well over 170 right now. It's not like he was preparing his body for 145 then decided to fight WW. Two totally different scenarios.
Nah, read my post to eshay. It's still a huge deal.

He's fighting Nate Diaz.... Calm down lol

If Lawler fought uriah hall or Tim Kennedy at 205 on 11 days notice it would be a big deal. If Rockhold fought OSP or Glover T. at a 220 lb catch weight on short notice it would be a huge deal. Why would mcgregor fighting diaz at 170 not be a big deal?
It is a big deal but no bigger than if he fought RDA at 155. It's still basically a FW vs a LW. People are getting hung up on the 170#

I can only imagine how exhausting it must be to pointlessly spend energy on hating a person you don't even know. Weird, and fairly sad.
True, but same goes for nuthugging someone you don't even know.

Nate is 155 fighter and is not known for his strengh and has next to no wrestling. He will have no size advantage here that will come into play.

Never said anything about Nate not fighting at WW, he just never really does aside from the mauling Rory gave him.
Yeah but the point is, it stands to reason that him fighting at a weight class that's more optimal for his stature and him not having to cut as much weight would be beneficial to him.

Love him or hate him! You got to respect Conor! He's got balls!

i do respect his balls, but this not balls. fighting alvarez or khabib at 155 ... now that would've been ballsy. as entertaining as this will be, thi s was defintely the "safest" option" of them all. also, the most sellable fight. This is the smart fun fight, but definitely not the ballsiest choice.

I mean I respect him for not abandoning the card, but it's not like he is taking on a top 10 fighter @ WW here, he is taking on a top 5 LW who cannot easily make the weight (and fair enough).

Which is still quite admirable, but lets not all get Conor WW champ crazy over this.

Conor told ESPN during his last camp that he was 174lbs during fight week and that was when he would cut to 145. He put on a little bit of mass so he's still going to have to cut a little to make 170. Nate has fought at 170, but he was able to fight in the tuf house at 155 he's a legit LW. It's not like conor is fighting Hector Lombard or a Nate Marquart sized WW. He's fighting another LW, without cutting an insane amount of weight.

This is a cool fight. I like Diaz and want him to win, but I favor the leprechaun.
I fully expect that Conor will have some black eyes when he shows up looking to trade his US $s for euros for once.
As far as 170 goes... well that's what these guys weigh. Extreme weight cutting doesn't go hand in hand with great fighting from what I've seen, so I like it.

not even close to same thing. he's fighting a LW at WW. nate is fighting at this weight is so he can focus on training and not cutting weight. instead of cutting weight and rehydrating to 170, conor can just train. this weight favors conor.

all that said, i love this fight for 2 reasons:

1) theres a 10 percent chance the Nate that dessimated cowboy shows up and shocks the world.
2) theres a 50% chance nate takes a swing at conor at the press conference.

i do respect his balls, but this not balls. fighting alvarez or khabib at 155 ... now that would've been ballsy. as entertaining as this will be, thi s was defintely the "safest" option" of them all. also, the most sellable fight. This is the smart fun fight, but definitely not the ballsiest choice.

Khabib and Alvarez ain't even on the table for Conor! They either didn't take the fight, or UFC didn't even consider them!
Even if they did, it's not the ballsiest choice, but still ballsy! You can't deny that! Conor has nothing to gain but everything to lose

U'd have to be a hater not to respect what Conor does. He's a real man, takes on all challenges and finishes fights and backs up what he says. I'm dissapointed that he isn't fighting RDA and missing a super fight and a chance at all the glory but it will still be a fun fight. I'm happy for Diaz for Conor changing his bum life too....and I mean that in the best way possible. lol. Good for Diaz for getting a huge fight. Diaz is a good boxer but i think Conors leg kicks will get it done a long with his good hands. Should be good though. Diaz is tough to finish.

Khabib and Alvarez ain't even on the table for Conor! They either didn't take the fight, or UFC didn't even consider them!
Even if they did, it's not the ballsiest choice, but still ballsy! You can't deny that! Conor has nothing to gain but everything to lose

Both Khabib and Alvarez offered to step in and fight him per reports out yesterday.
http://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/report-...offer-to-step-in-against-conor-mcgregor/66447

I definitely respect Conors guts, as he puts everything on the line everytime he fights. he's like rousey, one loss and it all changes (of course he's a much better fighter than she ever was). he earns his money, big risks, big rewards, and so far he's backed up everything he said.
Whatever, this will be an entertaining fight. hoping it lasts for a bit. anything can happen.

If Diaz can find his range early, with the reach advantage could be very interesting. Why have the Diaz bros every learned to kick? if he had high level kicking, with his boxing and BJJ, damn he'd be a force and this would be a pickem fight.
As it stands, i'm afraid conors body kicks will wear nate out early. or conor knocks down nate, follows him to ground, and gets subbed.

nate will finally get a big payday instead of 20/20. but goddamn was i looking forward to conor/RDA.

Oh also, "Conor has nothing to gain". I'm guessing he has between 5 and 10 million to gain ;)

Nate is a actual WW. That's why he can't make weight. Nate also fought in WW before against the likes of Rory.

He will have a great size advantage.
Nate is NOT a natural WW. Sure he fought Rory at WW. And you remember what happened to him in that fight? He was ragdolled into bolivion lol.

Back