As a Conor hater, I respect his heart for a 170 bout.

Uhhhh yeah? The FW champ moved up to fight the LW champ but he pulled out so Conor said fuck it I'll fight one of the biggest LW's at 170. It's a huge fucking deal. If Lawler agreed to fight Tim Kennedy at 205 would that not be a big deal either?

No

I can promise you Conor is well over 170 right now. It's not like he was preparing his body for 145 then decided to fight WW. Two totally different scenarios.

It really should not put him anywhere near a shot at 170.
If he were to beat a ranked Welterweight opponent that would be another story.

I said that will be enough, not deserved. Not that there is too many interesting fights to make vs Lawler too. Woodley deserves it but it would be boring.

RDA will probably be out for long. So he made this deal and will fight Lawler if he wins.

Robbie Lawler is just keeping that 170-pound title warm until the inevitable takes place.

I'm a Conor hater and I find this pretty awesome he is stepping up to WW. Though I'd rather it be against an actual WW instead of a WW Nate, either way it's respectful.

Now if his fans would settle down, that would be great.
An actual WW cant cut enuff weight on 2 weeks.

Love him or hate him! You got to respect Conor! He's got balls!

Nate is a actual WW. That's why he can't make weight. Nate also fought in WW before against the likes of Rory.

He will have a great size advantage.
and he was ragdolled.but yeah,this time he will have the size advantage.

How is it not a big deal ... lol.
How is it a big deal for a guy sitting over 170 lbs to take a fight at 170lbs?

Seems rather easy. No weight cut involved. Show up and fight. He's not fucking stepping up and fighting Rory. He's fighting a 155er

Or he wants a shot at WW and doesn't want to wait for RDA. Beating Nate in 170 would probably be enough to get it,

with Dana at the helm, just a good showing at 170 will get PPV monster Conor a title shot at WW, MW or LHW.

C'mon now. There needs to be such little justification for the match to be made, as long as it sells. And it would. You now it. I know it. People in the back row know it.

I'm a Conor hater and I find this pretty awesome he is stepping up to WW. Though I'd rather it be against an actual WW instead of a WW Nate, either way it's respectful.

Now if his fans would settle down, that would be great.
The fight is at 170 so they don't have to dehydrate nate a big LW in 10 days. and it isn't for the strap anyways, including interim.

No

I can promise you Conor is well over 170 right now. It's not like he was preparing his body for 145 then decided to fight WW. Two totally different scenarios.

Wrong. It's the same. Conor is the 145 champ moving to 155 for the belt and taking a late notice at 170. Lawler is the 170 champ who would be moving to fight the 185 champ and then fight a good MW on late notice at 205. They're identical scenarios.

How is it a big deal for a guy sitting over 170 lbs to take a fight at 170lbs?

Seems rather easy. No weight cut involved. Show up and fight. He's not fucking stepping up and fighting Rory. He's fighting a 155er

He's a 145er. He steps up immediately after winning the FW belt and wants to fight for the LW belt. RDA Ducks him on 1.5 weeks notice and he gives no fucks by immediately accepting a fight at 170lbs. 35lbs over his normal weight class. All while holding the FW belt.

Are you extremely salty about Conor or are you not man enough to show respect where it's due?

Maybe if Conor was fighting a good WW I'd be impressed. However he's basically fighting a guy in his same weight class (now that he also fights at 155) at a weight where neither has to cut.

You're impressed, I'm not

You fools are just buying wolf tickets. It's not nearly as impressive as you think.

Shit, I like Conor but he's going to be fighting a guy his same size. He's not stepping in there with Shaq

Uhhhh yeah? The FW champ moved up to fight the LW champ but he pulled out so Conor said fuck it I'll fight one of the biggest LW's at 170. It's a huge fucking deal. If Lawler agreed to fight Tim Kennedy at 205 would that not be a big deal either?

Considering Lawler fought at 185 for alot of his career thats probably not the best example.

I'm no more or no less impressed than I was that he was fighting RDA at 155.
It's still really cool but the 170 weight limit is a farce.

It's the same exact fight as if CM and ND fought at 155. They are now technically in the same division

People are too caught up on the 170lb #

Nate is a actual WW. That's why he can't make weight. Nate also fought in WW before against the likes of Rory.

He will have a great size advantage.

remember he got ragdolled by rory at WW. of course rory is 6ft and a fantastic grappler.. this is good for conor, but i suspect nate at 170 may have issues going 5 rounds and staying active. would've preferred catch weight 160 for nate, but at least this way he can focus on training and not cutting weight.

im excited for this fight, and excited to see which nate shows up. motivated like against johnson, or already got the payday and unmotivated like nick vs anderson.
god i hope this is his finest hour. win or lose the press conference will be epic.

Has nothing to do with his heart honestly. He is in a place where he is probably one of the most confident people on this planet and he's just following that. Trust me if he loses this fight or get KO'd he will be the first person to think about shit like this in the future. But we all know McG, he is all about that money and he is going to get paid (again).

Back