As a big Ronda fan...

why do you care so much.

just bitching to be bitching.

No, it would not directly impact me. I never go hungry and I don't know anyone who does. It would indirectly impact me but my every day life wouldn't be improved at all.

People talk about celebrities all the time. We're entertainment centric consumers. The fact you're complaining about Ronda when this occurs every day with other celebs brings serious doubts to your claim of being a 'big Ronda fan'.

Finally I see Ronda mentioned on sports shows , on Yahoo Sports, and a couple videos on facebook. It's not difficult for me to avoid it so I don't know how you're being overrun with Ronda unless you're specifically seeking out places she's likely to be mentioned such as MMA sites.

Dude i don

The mainstream media covers topics that distract you from the real issues in the world... covering a combat sports athlete fits their narrative. Don't expect anything important to be covered by the media most of the time... and if they do cover something important, they will spin it to match their corporate sponsor's agenda.

You can't underestimate the power of the casuals. I bet PPVs were down for 190 among hardcore fans because it was a relatively weak card, but the casuals? Through the roof.

They don't know a triangle from a kimura, but they know a "hot" chick is super badass and mowing down everyone in her way. And in a culture where the media reinforces and amplifies a trite You Go Gurl brand of female empowerment, someone like Rousey is the ultimate symbol of We Can Do It Too cheerleading.

Just a few months ago I was thinking Rousey's ability to draw viewers was all hype. Boy was I wrong. Ronda Rousey is officially a thing and people want to be in on whatever everyone else is talking about.

Blame Dana

All of this shit is a joke. She's beating cans who can barely throw a punch

Zingano be like 'I didn't know she'd go after my arm'. Lol.

Right because Tito Ortiz defending the LHW title against worldbeaters like Yuki Kondo and Elvis Sinosoc, and a washed up Shamrock and 40 year old Vladmir are more impressive?!!

I'll take victories over Tate2x, Cat, McMann and Davis who have combined records of 57-13 over those any day

This thread is a joke cuz you don't see him complaining about Kardashians or Jenners getting tons of publicity for doing, well, basically NOTHING. LOL.

At least Ronda did SOMETHING for her success.

Back