Arum confident Wilder-Fury II does 2M+ PPV Buys

Wait a minute...wait a minute
Two of the guys who talked the most stuff pre fight may not watch it live....How rich
I'm probably staying up. The problem is when you get a row of boring fights or long gaps, then you accidentally fall asleep because you're watching it in bed, and it's 5am.

I'm probably staying up. The problem is when you get a row of boring fights or long gaps, then you accidentally fall asleep because you're watching it in bed, and it's 5am.
I did fall asleep durring Bellator last night and wanted to see the Ruth fight. That's why I'm going to try and go out with some people to see it tonight. That and streaming has been horrible.

I did fall asleep durring Bellator last night and wanted to see the Ruth fight. That's why I'm going to try and go out with some people to see it tonight. That and streaming has been horrible.
I might try and rope my brother into it with me lol

I'll just try to keep quoting and shit talking you to spark that fire you need to stay up. Mods should lift some of the restrictions for this. Lmao
Good plan lol I need some motivation for it after the shape Fury is turning up in. Not exactly getting me pumped for the fight.

Good plan lol I need some motivation for it after the shape Fury is turning up in. Not exactly getting me pumped for the fight.
His arms look pretty toned and his face isn't as flabby as it was. So some hope there.
I dont think anybody will be able to tell anything until we see how each guy moves with the extra weight under pressure.

His arms look pretty toned and his face isn't as flabby as it was. So some hope there.
I dont think anybody will be able to tell anything until we see how each guy moves with the extra weight under pressure.
If you look at the weigh ins when he lifts his hoodie off, his t-shirt lifts up and his gut fell out lmao

I think the weight for both fighters is concerning though tbh. If Fury manages to avoid Wilder's big shots, then Wilder could end up gassing himself out. I'm picking Wilder though.

Two of the guys who talked the most stuff pre fight may not watch it live....How rich
I'd stay up for Wilder vs Joshua but not this. I'll sleep well and watch it tomorrow.

If you look at the weigh ins when he lifts his hoodie off, his t-shirt lifts up and his gut fell out lmao

I think the weight for both fighters is concerning though tbh. If Fury manages to avoid Wilder's big shots, then Wilder could end up gassing himself out. I'm picking Wilder though.
I didnt see that... lmao
I want to see if this added weight gives Wilder even more Thanos like power. Hopefully it doesn't slow him down too much.

If Fury isnt in shape for this fight I have no desire to see him fight again. Hope they just use the 3rd fight to keep Eddie honest and get the 50/50 split.
To me fighters who come into championship fights out of top shape are just as bad as the fighters lacking elite skills. Same thing.

my friends who don't care about boxing or mma at all hit me up to watch the fight tonight. I think it's gonna be huge.

Hopefully US buys will be at least 600k. I think 900k US is probably the ceiling but i'd be very happy to be wrong. Either way we wouldnt have even entertained these kinds of numbers 5 years ago.

2 million worldwide isnt an unreasonable claim at all. Its one of the less ridiculous things to have come out of Arums mouth.

Hopefully US buys will be at least 600k. I think 900k US is probably the ceiling but i'd be very happy to be wrong. Either way we wouldnt have even entertained these kinds of numbers 5 years ago.

2 million worldwide isnt an unreasonable claim at all. Its one of the less ridiculous things to have come out of Arums mouth.

illegal streams will be huuuge … Maybe a new record.

These Brits

Spend yrs on the forum crying about Wilder resume, when he fights Fury in his prime, they won't even buy the ppv, poor stuff, unless it's for financial reasons. I'm sure many people have thought 'If even the hardcore boxing fans don't buy the ppv, what is the point in taking the tough fights?' Don't be part of the problem and then complain about the problem

I'd stay up for Wilder vs Joshua but not this. I'll sleep well and watch it tomorrow.
These Brits

Spend yrs on the forum crying about Wilder resume, when he fights Fury in his prime, they won't even buy the ppv, poor stuff, unless it's for financial reasons. I'm sure many people have thought 'If even the hardcore boxing fans don't buy the ppv, what is the point in taking the tough fights?' Don't be part of the problem and then complain about the problem
After all it is the biggest fight in the most storied division in decades... A rematch with no clear winner. Epic action already proven. Only 2 undefeated elite guys in the division.

I would wake up at 5 am to watch that. Wouldn't most real fans? Not to mention if you dont watch live, no way you can avoid the spoilers on this one.

These Brits

wait, what does buying the PPV have to do with anything? Plenty of fighters get paid millions and dodge top competition. Money hasn't got anything to do with it, and if it does that says way more about the boxer than it does the fan.

After all it is the biggest fight in the most storied division in decades... A rematch with no clear winner. Epic action already proven. Only 2 undefeated elite guys in the division.

I would wake up at 5 am to watch that. Wouldn't most real fans? Not to mention if you dont watch live, no way you can avoid the spoilers on this one.
We see what it's like when Americans have to stay up for cards. They bitch and complain non stop lol

I’d be surprised if I did. 750k. And I base that off PPv being a dying model as they pumped out overpriced cards with not a lot of depth on the undercards for decades.

I hope it does really well. Two of the best. Undefeated. And it’s the fight to make despite not having the same promoter which apparently today fans think and accept that those fights are impossible to make Especially with pbc acting like Terrance Crawford doesNot even exist.
The two top heavyweights fighting each other in a rematch of an exciting fight for the wbc and lineal titles It doesn’t get much better than that.

I’m buying this and I generally don’t buy many ppvs as an appreciation for getting the fight made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back