International Artist says he'll destroy $45M worth of Rembrandt, Picasso and Warhol masterpieces if Julian Assange dies in prison

What they've done is inhumane. They should just charge him, hit him with time served, and kick him at this point... never allowed on U.S. soil.

Should the next President pardon him?

Also, the dude threatening the art should receive a mandatory bitch slap. What a dick.

I've always wondered why some crazy rich person hasn't done anything like this before.

Imagine if Michael Jackson decided to lock up the entire Beatles catalog of music into a trust and never let anybody broadcast or distribute it just as a big middle finger to everybody calling him a pedo. I would have LOL'd.

What they've done is inhumane. They should just charge him, hit him with time served, and kick him at this point... never allowed on U.S. soil.

Should the next President pardon him?
Not unless they pardon TR7MP first.

I like Lemmy's quote about Warhol:

"Warhol was crap! Different colored pictures of Elvis' face...sixteen of them. Hey, fucking brilliant. You see that motherfucker in that white fucking wig and that terrible face and them cheap sunglasses, poncing around in New York like he's an artist...are you fucking kidding me? He was a good quality con man."

Not art!!

oh-no-anyway.gif

I like Lemmy's quote about Warhol:

"Warhol was crap! Different colored pictures of Elvis' face...sixteen of them. Hey, fucking brilliant. You see that motherfucker in that white fucking wig and that terrible face and them cheap sunglasses, poncing around in New York like he's an artist...are you fucking kidding me? He was a good quality con man."
Agreed. Also a huge dick.

I'm still baffled how the United States has any right charging him with espionage when he isn't even a US citizen.

He didn't do anything different than what the NY Times published.

I'm baffled why you are baffled. Why in the world would you think not being a US citizen gives someone immunity to acquire and release US classified documents? Have you never heard of International Law?

This guy F'ed around and found out why people don't do this shit and certainly don't brag about it for clout when he also really sucks at hiding. His life is not at risk, but it will be completely miserable when he joins El Chapo at ADX, who is not a US citizen either.

An artist in the south of France says he's planning to destroy up to $45 million worth of art, including pieces by Rembrandt, Picasso, and Andy Warhol, if WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange dies in prison, British broadcaster Sky News reports.

Andrei Molodkin told Sky that he put a collection of masterpieces that had been donated to him into a 29-ton safe hooked up to two barrels — one containing an acid powder and the other containing an accelerator — which, when pumped into the safe, will create a reaction strong enough to destroy all its contents.

The project is called "Dead Man's Switch," and it is backed by Assange's wife, Stella. Assange is currently in jail in the U.K. awaiting his final appeal over extradition to the United States to face charges under the Espionage Act, which will take place later this month. WikiLeaks published thousands of leaked documents relating to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Assange is alleged to have conspired to obtain and disclose U.S. national defense information.

The WikiLeaks founder denies any wrongdoing, and his lawyer says his life is at risk if he loses his appeal.

"In our catastrophic time — when we have so many wars — to destroy art is much more taboo than to destroy the life of a person," Molodkin, who is originally from Russia but now lives in France, told Sky News. "Since Julian Assange has been in prison... freedom of expression, freedom of speech, freedom of information has started to be more and more repressed. I have this feeling very strongly now."

The safe will be sealed on Friday at Molodkin's studio in France, and it will eventually be moved to a museum, Sky News reports.

Molodkin says that the safe will be hooked up to a 24-hour timer which must be reset every day or else it will trigger the release of the two barrel's corrosive substances inside. He says, each day, the timer will only be reset when someone "close to Assange" confirms he is alive.

Giampaolo Abbondio, a Milan art gallery owner, told Sky News he initially rejected Molodkin's idea, but has now donated a Picasso to the project.

Pretty crazy but understandable.

Would you pick a human life or a masterpieces by artists that died many years ago?
Wouldnt it be easier to put them in a pile and just set them on fire? What's with all the dramatic effects?

An artist in the south of France says he's planning to destroy up to $45 million worth of art, including pieces by Rembrandt, Picasso, and Andy Warhol, if WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange dies in prison, British broadcaster Sky News reports.

Andrei Molodkin told Sky that he put a collection of masterpieces that had been donated to him into a 29-ton safe hooked up to two barrels — one containing an acid powder and the other containing an accelerator — which, when pumped into the safe, will create a reaction strong enough to destroy all its contents.

The project is called "Dead Man's Switch," and it is backed by Assange's wife, Stella. Assange is currently in jail in the U.K. awaiting his final appeal over extradition to the United States to face charges under the Espionage Act, which will take place later this month. WikiLeaks published thousands of leaked documents relating to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Assange is alleged to have conspired to obtain and disclose U.S. national defense information.

The WikiLeaks founder denies any wrongdoing, and his lawyer says his life is at risk if he loses his appeal.

"In our catastrophic time — when we have so many wars — to destroy art is much more taboo than to destroy the life of a person," Molodkin, who is originally from Russia but now lives in France, told Sky News. "Since Julian Assange has been in prison... freedom of expression, freedom of speech, freedom of information has started to be more and more repressed. I have this feeling very strongly now."

The safe will be sealed on Friday at Molodkin's studio in France, and it will eventually be moved to a museum, Sky News reports.

Molodkin says that the safe will be hooked up to a 24-hour timer which must be reset every day or else it will trigger the release of the two barrel's corrosive substances inside. He says, each day, the timer will only be reset when someone "close to Assange" confirms he is alive.

Giampaolo Abbondio, a Milan art gallery owner, told Sky News he initially rejected Molodkin's idea, but has now donated a Picasso to the project.

Pretty crazy but understandable.

Would you pick a human life or a masterpieces by artists that died many years ago?
Fuck'em both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back