Armory Forearm Blaster

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by wasptrash, Sep 5, 2005.

1. wasptrash

wasptrash cynical swine

2. Herculean

Herculean Purple Belt

lol ... wtf , maybe you twist it or someting ? *shrugs*

3. LCDforMe

LCDforMe Purple Belt

So like...how does it work?

4. Cmart

Cmart Aspiring Milo

How long before you're explaining, "Doc, it was a million-to-one shot. I was in the shower, and I slipped, and that's how it got stuck in there."

5. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

That looks teh gay!

A wrist roller would work just as good if not better IMO!

6. batman69

batman69 Purple Belt

actually the way it's designed looks like you end up in the er explaining you and your buddy are stuck on this thing. although i don't know if "hey we both slipped and landed like this we swear" works in that situation.

7. SmashiusClay

SmashiusClay Avatar of Cyttorak

I'd save yourself $22 and make a wrist roller, built mine out of stuff i found in my garage.

8. wasptrash

wasptrash cynical swine

Yeah, I don't know about it either. The only reason I'm even curious is because elitefts.com is selling it and they aren't known for selling crap. By looking at it it does look gay (although I hadn't considered Cmart's point), but like I said, elitefts usually sells rather hardcore stuff. I wonder if it comes in pink...

9. Cmart

Cmart Aspiring Milo

...or at least in a smaller size, for "beginners".

I joke, but maybe the thing works. It just looks silly. And kinda simple. I bet you could make one.

10. CarnalSalvation

CarnalSalvation Trying to make a Milankey

Actually, Elitefts pretty much ONLY sells crap, if it's not grossly overpriced. There are a few exceptions and their service is suberb, but they are price gougers and snake oil salesmen.

Seriously dude, 2" PVC pipe makes a fine wrist roller. Drill a hole, secure the rope/cord with a not and a washer or something like that (on the inside) and attach the other end the weight in any fashion you desire. For best results find a small bar to mount the roller in a rack, so you don't have to hold the weight outfront.

11. rickdog

rickdog Purple Belt

Exactly what Carnal said. I built a wrist roller (hahaha @built) and it literally took 5 minutes to make. The 2 inch PVC with the rope is the way to go. It is incredibly cheap to make and it works great.

12. wasptrash

wasptrash cynical swine

Do you think they've always sold crap, or the recent changes they've made in their inventory account for this. I felt for a long time that they sold top of the line shit, but, yes, overpriced. Their equipment and accessories were all said to be bombproof and I've never read or heard anything to counter this. Every thing I've ever ordered from them (no large pieces of equipment) has always been very sturdy and held up great. Their information selection (books, videos) were always top notch. I have, however, been amazed at some of the things I now see for sale on their site. Cheap looking crap at not so cheap prices. I mean, look at that armory forearm blaster...Made of plastic and uses actual rubber bands for resistance??? I think I even saw a book by coach davies for sale there.
    As for the wrist roller that you guys recommended, I'd made one a few years ago exactly like Carnal mentioned, and it works great.

13. rickdog

rickdog Purple Belt

Funny you should say that Wasptrash. I was under the impression that they sold "top quality" products as well. Anyway, Im glad you made your own wrist roller. I see that you live in a trailer park. I hear the aluminum siding on an old trailer can act as the handle and an old trailer tire can act as a weight. Then you can stand inbetween trailers and do your wrist rolls. Then show off to the neighbors how ingenious you are. j/k

14. wasptrash

wasptrash cynical swine

Actually I find that displaying evidence of incestual relations and nascar memorabilia while playing loud country music best exhibit my intellectual superiority over my trailer park peers.

15. rickdog

rickdog Purple Belt

HMMMM....... I see you outclass me in your trailer park. I still think I could attract the tatooed covered ex-con chick next door with my idea. Me and my buddy Catfish used to invite her over all the time until we caught her stealing out toilet paper.

16. wasptrash

wasptrash cynical swine

I think I'd sacrifice toilet paper for some trailer trash pussy

17. cosism

cosism Custom User Title

Wrsit twist(er)?