News Arman Tsarukyan suspended for 9 months for incident with fan *UPDATE* will be reduced to 6 months

Again I dont care at all about the fan who got punched, but if you assault a fan who wasnt a physical threat, expect to get punished. Fair enough.

Yeah that's the way I see it as well. I'm surprised he got that worked up as well. It was the biggest fight of his career and you wouldn't think some random fan's comments (whatever those comments may be) would unnerve a fighter.

Tsarukyan has to maintain his composure next time, and I think a punishment here isn't the worst idea in the world to hammer home the point that attacking fans isn't acceptable, because he wasn't remorseful after it. His rebuttal was that he's a trained UFC fighter and he questioned why a fan would talk decisively to a UFC fighter.

Reactions: HHJ
So soft lol. I hope UFC (and any Western sports league and entertainment company) gets bought out by Muslims.

obviously he is not a good person.
celebrating by sitting on his opponent , talking nonsense and lately punching a fan doesn't make him look good.
hope he got beat his ass in his next fight

It's a pretty light punishment, all things considered it's a positive outcome for everyone. Punching anyone who flips you the bird is badass or whatever but fighters shouldn't feel like they have free reign to fight fans like equals unless the fan makes it physical first.

Where is the UFCs responsibilities in all this?

If there was a court overseeing this, the promotion would be held responsible.

laughable

Anyone know if Arman actually got that idiot UFC tickets?

Basically the fan said he wasn't gonna press charges but asked if Arman could get him tix iirc tickets to this weekend for the "Conor card"

Damn, I know attacking even idiot fans is a bad look and all, but this news made me remember...

Maybe I'm a bad person, but it felt so good watching Matt just stop taking that shit

So soft lol. I hope UFC (and any Western sports league and entertainment company) gets bought out by Muslims.

I love how you call Western sports soft, then mention muslims as if autocratic islamic societies' don't get pissed off by a million minor things lmao. Saying "pissed off" is putting it lightly too.

Islam doesn't exactly represent the "East" either. You think if Arman hits a fan in Japan he's not getting in trouble?

Yes! Please save Islam from Arman! Protect him at all costs.
I'm petrified of seeing Islam beat him a second time.
<Ellaria01><Ellaria01><Ellaria01><Ellaria01>
so then why are you not interested in the fight?

the first fight was Armens debut.

The punishment is a bit weird, as he wasn't doing any bullying. If anything he got a bit bullied by the fan, and overreacted.

Anger management would be way more appropriate than "anti bullying" <lmao>

That fan really dropped the ball not suing. It was the right thing but no way court's wouldn't rule in his favor. Like I don't think getting assaulted is in the fine print in the ticket sales.

Back