Arlovski's career resurrection and sustainment was miraculous

AldoStillGoat

Master of Science in Shookology
@Black
Reaction score
He got knocked out or tko'd 7 times while compiling a not so special record of 15-9 record during the first stretch of his career.

Most people here were calling him a glass chin and people were saying he was done as a fighter and should retire.

After those calls for retirement where he had lost 3 out the last 4 by KO or TKO, he ended up going 10-1-1 to completely resurrect his career.

This winning streak allowed him the runway necessary to get back into the UFC and stick around.

Of course he had a bit of favoritism with Dana White because of his look and popularity but the way he extended his career an extra 14 years after people were saying he was done is nothing short of miraculous.

Bravo.

WAR ARLOVSKI

Greg Jackson took him on when everyone thought he was completely done and after that he got back on track again

I know people hated on him because he's not exciting but man the way he was able to avoid major damage after all the careless mistakes he made in the past is amazing.

It kind of reminds me of Wand and how he had to become a bit more measured with his fighting style (not as much) after sustaining life changing KO's. I can appreciate that evolution.

His hard work paid off. Dana and the UFC have been paying him very well to fight lower ranked opponents for the last several years.

Wish he had that defense he learned early in his career. Former champ. Very solid career.

Arlovski was a prospect (2000-2003), contender (2003-2005), champion (2005-2006), contender (2006-2008), journeyman (2008-2014), prospect (2014-2015), contender (2015-2016) and finally gatekeeper (2017-2024).

What a career. Three primes.

I still find it crazy Anthony Johnson didn’t beat AA into living death

He got knocked out or tko'd 7 times while compiling a not so special record of 15-9 record during the first stretch of his career.

Most people here were calling him a glass chin and people were saying he was done as a fighter and should retire.

After those calls for retirement where he had lost 3 out the last 4 by KO or TKO, he ended up going 10-1-1 to completely resurrect his career.

This winning streak allowed him the runway necessary to get back into the UFC and stick around.

Of course he had a bit of favoritism with Dana White because of his look and popularity but the way he extended his career an extra 14 years after people were saying he was done is nothing short of miraculous.

Bravo.

WAR ARLOVSKI

Yeah, dude has been fighting since I was like 22 years old...not a bad run for someone that everyone thought was done 15 years ago.

War AA

War hometown legend Arlovski. Idc how his last 10 fights went, he’s a true warrior and a pioneer of the sport.

Big time Hespect

Bravo.

WAR ARLOVSKI
He looked extremely done after Brett fucking Rogers KO'd him.

Forever disappointed in the UFC for not giving Arlovski a title shot after thr Browne fight.

I hope he retires. His place in the history books is cemented. And he's made a shit ton of money.

Back