Arlovski vs Mir

djsuperwho

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who is excited about this fight which was supposed to happen at Ufc 55
Arlovski vs Mir
September 5th

Big Ben deserves a shot at AA and a potential title shot more than Mir does. But I think it will be an easy win for AA so I'm happy enough.

Long time MMA fans are extremely excited to finally see this fight happen, I want Mir to win but at the same time I don't want Arlovski to lose.

I hope Arlovski wins. So how are they going to train for this fight if they both train at Greg Jackson camp?

Yeah this has been a long time coming! I'm looking forward to it for sure. Should be an excellent fight. I know I'll be in the minority here, but I'm taking Mir.

I hope Arlovski wins. So how are they going to train for this fight if they both train at Greg Jackson camp?

Mir's been with Ricky Lundell's camp for some time now.

I like both guys so this is not an ideal match up as a fan. My heart says Mir, but I'm very worried. Mir always has the capacity to pull something off, but Andrei might touch him up.

Arlovski, he is still a better, more technical, faster and stronger striker than Mir does, and Mir can't wrestle. He has never been able to, so he doesn't need to worry about that much.

i don't like this fight. the ufc is moving the hw division at a snails pace and these guys aren't young. Arlovski should get the title shot

I like both guys so this is not an ideal match up as a fan. My heart says Mir, but I'm very worried. Mir always has the capacity to pull something off, but Andrei might touch him up.

^ Saved me from having to type it out.

Would rather Arlovski got the title-shot, instead of another BS Cain rematch. Anyways, Mir by T/KO in round 1.

Wow, i still think Arlovski should have got the title shot....ok.
I have been waiting on this fight for 10years.
Im a fan of both, i have to go with Arlovski though.
I dont see AA throwing a stupid ass leaping/lunging punch ala Duffee style.
I just think AA will be a lot faster and will just keep lighting up Mir.
AA TKO 2nd round and gets title shot.

this is going to be a fight where both fighters need to defend their chin better than any other part of their body

I'm very stoked for this fight and this is truly a match where it would be very hard to call a winner, which is what makes it so exciting. I think both will be extremely fired up, since both have clawed their way back from so much adversity and won't give up easily. Can't wait!! I hope Mir comes out like he did against Duffee, like a wildman throwing caution to the wind, and Andre responds the same. We may have a possible replay of a beloved favorite memory here folks:

Don-Frye-Vs.-Yoshihiro-Takayama.gif

Back