Arlovski v Nelson 2?

Have you actually watched his recent fights? Be honest.

I'v not seen the Hayes fight(although I wouldnt underestimate how tough he is standing) he looked decent in the others to me if not up to his previous level.

Seems to me theres a bit of a double standard here based on expectations, both men have had there assed kicked by the best of the best and both men have finished mid level opposition standing.

As I said chin wise I think Arlovski having a poor one is a bit of a myth, its taken massive shots to finish him and if you watch the recent Sylvia fight, Bigfoot or the Sergei fight up to the finish you can see him eat some big shots without going down.

Meanwhile I think Nelson has been fighting alot of opposition who are very prone to being KOed(Struve, Mitrone, old Crocop, Schaub, Herman), when he's stepped up in competision that finishing ability hasnt been there, even vs Mir who has a similar record of being finished.

The guys who've finished AA have all really been able to push forward aggresively and exploit the gaps he leaves when backing up, I'm not sure I see Nelson doing that.

Add to that the only thing that made the first fight competitive was Arlovski screwing up a takedown and ending up on the bottom, seems unlikely Nelson will get another opening like that.

All these threads about AA...I mean UFC needs to bring him back, obviously many ppl want to watch him again. He aint gonna be a champ but he's definitely better than most of the slouches in the UFC HW Division like Mitrione, Schaub etc

I'v not seen the Hayes fight(although I wouldnt underestimate how tough he is standing) he looked decent in the others to me if not up to his previous level.

Seems to me theres a bit of a double standard here based on expectations, both men have had there assed kicked by the best of the best and both men have finished mid level opposition standing.

As I said chin wise I think Arlovski having a poor one is a bit of a myth, its taken massive shots to finish him and if you watch the recent Sylvia fight, Bigfoot or the Sergei fight up to the finish you can see him eat some big shots without going down.

Meanwhile I think Nelson has been fighting alot of opposition who are very prone to being KOed(Struve, Mitrone, old Crocop, Schaub, Herman), when he's stepped up in competision that finishing ability hasnt been there, even vs Mir who has a similar record of being finished.

The guys who've finished AA have all really been able to push forward aggresively and exploit the gaps he leaves when backing up, I'm not sure I see Nelson doing that.

Add to that the only thing that made the first fight competitive was Arlovski screwing up a takedown and ending up on the bottom, seems unlikely Nelson will get another opening like that.

Double standard? Are you fucking serious? I agree that most of Roy's KO's in the UFC aren't against "top" competition. But are you really trying to argue that Arlovski's latest wins are more impressive? He beat a bunch of nobodies after he got KTFO by all of the relevant fighters he fought before that. Roy would demolish him this time around.

Have you actually watched his recent fights? Be honest.

Have you? Hes taken big shots in his last few fights and has been fine, when you jump into a Fedor haymaker you go down, it is pretty simple. Is his chin below average? Yea, is it as bad as you say it is? No.

Also he can easily tool more then half of the current UFC HWs, honestly I don't know why I am even commenting on you, you clearly have your head jammed up your ass.

Id like to see Nog vs AA more then Nelson 2, I believe Nelson can win the fight especially at this time of AA career and that will kill any AA comeback.

Double standard? Are you fucking serious? I agree that most of Roy's KO's in the UFC aren't against "top" competition. But are you really trying to argue that Arlovski's latest wins are more impressive? He beat a bunch of nobodies after he got KTFO by all of the relevant fighters he fought before that. Roy would demolish him this time around.

In terms of names Roys wins overall are better and more numerous(I'm not argueing AA should be ranked above him) although I think theres a bit of an overestimation of the talent level at the mid/lower levels of the UFC compaired to elsewhere personally, Hayes, Sylvia, Cole etc are hardly total nobodies if you viewing goes beyond Zuffaland.

As I said though to me the big factor is the nature of the wins, to me all the guys who Nelson has beaten have pretty clear weaknesses standing. Pretty much all of them have been finished multiple times(and rocked many times in Struve's case), not just by elite opposition either.

While Arlovski can leave openings when well pressed I think he's tougher than any of those guys to finish and I'd argue the guys he's been finishing are tougher(if not overall better) than most of Nelsons opposition to finish.

i'd easily pick Nelson here, Arlovski's chin is clearly bad atm, and Nelsons become a much better striker, on top of that he's learnt how to take a punch, i doubt arlovski could put him out

In terms of names Roys wins overall are better and more numerous(I'm not argueing AA should be ranked above him) although I think theres a bit of an overestimation of the talent level at the mid/lower levels of the UFC compaired to elsewhere personally, Hayes, Sylvia, Cole etc are hardly total nobodies if you viewing goes beyond Zuffaland.

As I said though to me the big factor is the nature of the wins, to me all the guys who Nelson has beaten have pretty clear weaknesses standing. Pretty much all of them have been finished multiple times(and rocked many times in Struve's case), not just by elite opposition either.

While Arlovski can leave openings when well pressed I think he's tougher than any of those guys to finish and I'd argue the guys he's been finishing are tougher(if not overall better) than most of Nelsons opposition to finish.

I know who Hayes, Sylvia, and Cole are. I'll give you that they aren't complete nobodies, but c'mon. Would you really bet on any of them against Struve or even Mittrione?

Nelson would probably KO him. I'd rather see Arlovski fight the Gonzaga/Rothwell winner

That will be awesome, the perfect opportunitie to avenge Nelson

I know who Hayes, Sylvia, and Cole are. I'll give you that they aren't complete nobodies, but c'mon. Would you really bet on any of them against Struve or even Mittrione?

I wouldnt heavly favour them but yes I do think those could be competitive fights.

As I said I think theres a bit of an overestimation of the HW talent in the UFC compaired to elsehwere. What has Mittrione done to be considered on a much higher level? beaten Kimbo, Hague and Moorecraft?

Zuffa certainly has most of the truely elite HW talent now either in the UFC or SF but I think you've got a significant gap below the likes of Cain, JDS, Overeem, Comrier, Werdum, Bigfoot etc to the rest of the division. At that talent level the field gets quite a big broader with a good number of decent fighters outside Zuffa, I'd guess partly because HW's can earn good money main eventing lower/mid level shows.

AA does not belong anywhere near the UFC at this point and would probably lose to some of Bellators HWs.

i would love to see arlovski get nelson, mir, then nog.

nog and mir can be swtched around either way. But those fights would be cool for nostalgia reasons.

How about Nelson/Nogueira? That would be an amazing fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back