Ariel Hewani drops a bombshell on why fans justify Bisping fighting Hendo and hate Woodley for it.

Who the fuck justifies Bisping-Hendo? Twitter idiots? No one in their right mind likes that match up.

It'll be even better when Dan is touting that gold all the way to retirement.

Bisping vs Hendo has a story/history in place.

There's at least a viable storyline between Bisping vs. Henderson II. also, at least Henderson has been active and just came off a big KO win. Bisping also waited more than five minutes before calling anyone out.

With Woodley vs Diaz, there's no interesting story there whatsoever. You have a champ who didn't deserve a title shot after coming off 18 months of inactivity. Then you have a guy who's just coming off a long suspension, and on top of that, hasn't won a fight in half a decade. It also doesn't help that Woodley came up with that matchup so fast, it was obviously planned.

Against GSP, people wanna see GSP come back against someone exciting, with some real name recognition. Woodley possesses neither of those.

What it really comes down to, is the fans being tired of the BS by the latest crop of champions who wanna rest on their laurels and call their shots as soon as they get the belt. Woodley just happened to be the latest, and most blatant. For the Perez Hilton of MMA to say it's racism instead of calling out the obvious just shows that he is indeed the Perez Hilton of MMA, and is more interested in creating drama than real journalism.

Really though, why are these journalists alienating their fans like this. I thought Ariel being banned was bullshit and voiced my support for him. Moving forward, he can fend for himself if he gets screwed again. MMA pseudo-jounalism sucks. I'll rely on these forums for my news, like we did in the early 2000s.
Calling out bullshit, even when they happen to people you don't particularly like, is a good thing.

They really just compare Woodley's situation to Conor's? Conor won the belt and then went to challenge the champion in the above weight class, if Woodley wanted to do that I'd love him for it...What Woodley has done is call out guys in his division that haven't fought or been relevant for years...Comparable would have been for Conor to beat Aldo and then call out BJ Penn and Uriah Faber.

tumblr_m2n5o4YUOL1qh4j3to1_1280.jpg

30:26 I was already thinking the same thing. I agree with him.

I just don't see the racism. It's all about big names and these guys get fair promotion.

Conor McGregor doesn't even need to be so brash. He could get the same promotion just by continuing to be an excellent fighter.

Daniel Cormier compared to McGregor isn't as good as a fighter. If they were at the same weight it could be said that McGregor would knock Cormier out.

Yes he is white and Cormier is black, but what does this have to do with their skill?

You want to see some real racism placed on big stars? Look how the American public treated Joe Louis. He is a fantastic all time great heavyweight boxer and his nickname is "The Brown Bomber"

I think its only valid with certain fans. Most of us just don't like certain things about them and have no problem with other black fighters. Is it that hard to understand?

Bisping has been around forever, we all remember that iconic loss to Hendo, if they don't fight again now there won't be another chance for them to do so. Plus a great chance to expand into the British market witht he fight being in the UK.

As dumb as Hendo getting a shot is, it makes a little more sense, though Jacare should be getting the shot.

Woodley is still fresh on the scene and has been up and down. He lost to Shields, Rory Mac and I think Kelvin should have gotten the nod in their fight. He's not a fan favourite, he's not exciting to watch half of the time and now he's holding up the division with this GSP nonsense. Playing the race card is poor form.
bisping vs hendo is puke and comparable only to sonnen vs jones for the LHW title. shameless crap from the UFC and bisping, regardless of your rationalizations for it.

Oh not this shit again...

Bisping wanting a rematch with Hendo, a dangerous fighter with KO power and someone who knocked him out, is not the same as Woodley wanting an easy stylistic match up in Nick Diaz...

It's utter bullshit to call everything racism when clearly this has nothing to do with race.

Helwani is either stupid (which I doubt), or he is trolling for publicity.

Calling out bullshit, even when they happen to people you don't particularly like, is a good thing.
I totally agree. I've never liked Ariel but I voiced my support for him on here regardless because I thought the ban was bullshit. Next time I'll just keep my opinion to myself and not give a shit about him.

they are identical situations with the same set of background and circumstances. the only single difference is color.

haha jk

I wouldn't say Woodley or DC are that boring. They're both hit and miss.

Mighty Mouse is the champ in a division that many don't care about, so it's not him as such but 125 in general.

Oh bullshit. Everyone who's for the Bisping/Hendo fight just wants to see a white guys head get knocked off again. The other 90% think it's the biggest bullshit title shot in recent memory.

Tyrone could be blue he'd still get shit for barely earning a shot then denying a clear no1 contender who's done more to earn his shot than Tyrone.

Ariel just realized he had a chance to stamp his name on something inflammatory and attention grabbing. So of course, he jumped at it like a teen girl at a Beiber concert.

Back