Ariel Helwani declares Mario Yamasaki unfit to be a referee.

Mario's belt is irrelevant. The guy has a long history of making terrible calls as a referee. That's what is relevant in discussing whether or not he should continue reffing.

What is this long history? Not trying to be a dick, truly curious...

I recall Big Dan watching Carwin drill Mir into the Earth's crust and nobody losing their minds about it.

Sorry Ariel but when you chose to take a paycheck from the UFC while you were supposedly unbiased and unaffiliated, you became unfit to be a journalist!

Beat me to it.

For an MMA fan Helwani is really a giant pussy.

Calling him a fan is a stretch. This is just the only sport that accepts his incompetence.

lol jesus christ it wasnt even bad. What a pussy.

Ariel is the Jim Acosta of MMA reporters

maxresdefault.jpg

could have worded it better, but in general he's right.

yamasaki is a JBG disciple. he NEEDS to be the ref in any just bleed god matchup

<{JustBleed}>

Dude. Ariel's not wrong.

Yamasaki's excuse made the situation 10x worse.

No excuse for a ref to let a fighter take tons of unnecessary damage. Its his job to do the opposite.

He should've apologized and acknowledged his mistake.

But he doubled down and tried to make his dereliction in duty sound noble?! Ridiculous.

Either he is incompetent, corrupt or both, but if he HONESTLY believes that fight shouldn't have been stopped sooner, he really does have no business reffing anymore.

This is becoming a trend in reffing that im beginning to despise. But I also despise the corners, just standing there watching their fighter get completely destroyed with no chance of winning, but letting it continue for another 5-10 minutes to show how 'tough' their fighter is.....assholes.....all of 'em....

I agree 100%
Also Helwani having an opinion on this is not something to slam him over.
He does enough to warrant that lol

But you made a thread about what Areil helwaHe thinks. Noob

This event is exposing manginas and gullible bandwagon jumping SJWs all over the MMA community.

A girl got beat up. IN. A. FIGHT.

It ain't some big travesty. She got what she signed up for.

I don't mind if Camila Albuquerque refs all fights from now on.

CAMILA-ALBUQUERQUE.jpg
IMG_2169_2.jpg
camilaalbuquerque-ufc-get.jpg
2166_25.24.2015_86141_ef_20150222-copy.jpg

Simple, throw in the towel. If the ref isn' doing his job who do you have in your corner that doesn't give a fuck about you?
That's what it used for in boxing, either to save the fighter from themself, or allow them to save face, from the stigma of giving up.

the stoppage wasn't even that bad. it only looked bad as it was a mismatch + it was a girl.

Not one to take up for Mario and i thought he should have stopped the fight sooner and missed the tap earlier but every time he asked her to fight back she kept making attempts and showed she was still coherent he just needed to make a decision a little earlier.

Ariel would have some expeirence when it comes to unfit, he’s unfit to be a journalist.

Love when he tries talking on other sports, it always a good laugh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back