Arginine/Ornithine

King Kabuki said:
If the studies are flawed than the only real way to tell is to take it yourself and figure out wether you like it or not. So, that being said, studies, no studies = irrelevant. The product is out there, you can try it, decipher for yourself wether you feel it's worth it or not, and either take it or disregard. Otherwise your opinion will always be a derivitive of third-party biased information either way you look at it.

I don't think the studies are irrelevant. I know I'm acutely vulnerable to placebo effect, so I always look to studies.

I know you don't. lol

King Kabuki said:
Guys who think because they read something, they know something...without having done any actual trial-runs or speaking directly with anyone who has themselves. It's one thing to want scientific credibility behind your supplements, nothing wrong with that...but it's a whole other thing to supplement your own intelligence with someone else's. lol

Not to really start a debate, but I"m curious what you mean by this?

To talk about a supplement you want them to have done actual double blind studies on the products themselves? That is crazy.

I'd say 95% of knowledge is supplementing your own intelligence with someone elses. I read books and whatnot and that is where most learn. I didn't invent multiplication or trigonometry but I feel like I can use them in debates about triangles ;). Same with studies about supplements.

It's all about behavior man. Reading and learning and deciding wether to try or not is one thing. Posting in a forum as if your word is Gospel when your word isn't even your own, and the guy you're para-phrasing's word isn't even Gospel is just idiocy in my opinion.

What I'm getting at is we can toss around banter and research all day. But if someone is going to be a lemming and jump of a cliff there's not a whole lot you can do about it even though you can show them a diagram of how every single lemming who has come before the has died jumping from that very same cliff.

When push comes to shove a person doesn't ever really know anything unless they're speaking from experience or have seen the results with their own two eyes on a consistent basis. And I mean that as objectively as possible. If you believe a study you're electing to do so, not everyone will even if you present them with the fact that there is no viable reason for them not to. It's tough to convince someone when you YOURSELF have nearly been killed or made into a cyborg by something (with photo evidence to prove it), let alone convince them with a book report on work someone else did.

I'm not saying studying studies is bad per se, but use it as a tool, not a staple of discussion. Lest a smart person question the nature of those studies and the mental stability of those who conducted them, lol thus venturing into wholly uncharted territory.

This Arginine/Ornithine stuff is also suppose to give you better erections. Did any of you guys notice an improved erection? It would make sense I guess since it does better blood circulation ?

Yeah, it does. Also improves loads, and when I mean loads, I mean cuming. It will have you shoting farther and more. Sersiouly. Sperm is made up of Arginine and Zinc. Mostly arginine.

Masakatsu Funaki #1 said:
Yeah, it does. Also improves loads, and when I mean loads, I mean cuming. It will have you shoting farther and more. Sersiouly. Sperm is made up of Arginine and Zinc. Mostly arginine.

LOL!!! Your avatar looks like he just unloaded a major load! LOL!!!

Wolverine
///

Hmmm, I think I might try the Universal GH max. Seems to me like the most economical way to get Arginine/Ornithine together. 17$ for 30 days? Plus I've always wanted to try a Universal product.

I'm curious though, because it's only a temporary GH booster, would any gains I made evaporate as soon as I went off it?

You would want to take it for longet than 30 days. To many people want a quick fix and fail to realize that more than anything it is about making a lifestyle change. It is a good product, I would take lysine along with it for better benefits.

I have been sleeping a ton better with it also, so well, I almost hate waking up, cause it feels so good to sleep. I use to have problems getting to sleep...so this is like great!

Yeah, I'm thinking a 60 day cycle... see how I feel and look after that.

Its been 3 years whats the verdict? I happen to have a bottle of this stuff on my shelf.

Its been 3 years whats the verdict? I happen to have a bottle of this stuff on my shelf.

I don't know but I found this from 2002:

Use of amino acids as growth hormone-releasing age...[Nutrition. 2002 Jul-Aug] - PubMed Result

Specific amino acids, such as arginine, lysine and ornithine, can stimulate growth hormone (GH) release when infused intravenously or administered orally. Many individuals consume amino acids before strength training workouts, believing this practice accentuates the exercise-induced GH release, thereby promoting greater gains in muscle mass and strength. The GH response to amino acid administration has a high degree of interindividual variability and may be altered by training status, sex, age, and diet. Although parenteral administration consistently leads to increased circulating GH concentration, oral doses that are great enough to induce significant GH release are likely to cause stomach discomfort and diarrhea. During exercise, intensity is a major determinant of GH release. Although one study showed that arginine infusion can heighten the GH response to exercise, no studies found that pre-exercise oral amino acid supplementation augments GH release. Further, no appropriately conducted scientific studies found that oral supplementation with amino acids, which are capable of inducing GH release, before strength training increases muscle mass and strength to a greater extent than strength training alone. The use of specific amino acids to stimulate GH release by athletes is not recommended.

That pretty much sums that up. Train hard, sleep deep, and don't spend your money on single aminos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back