Social Are you wasting your talent ?

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
I think most of us are stuck in a daily life routine with the job we do and with dealing with private stuff too like kids and family,
and if we are already experienced in life enough , we understood there are things we would be enjoying doing more than what we do now but we can't take the next steps.
So are we mostly wasting our talents by being pulled in into BAU routine ,or most of the people are actually happy with what they do for a living

Yes and no. I am developing certain talents at the expense of others. Life is a balancing act and most people never get close to realizing their full potential but I feel fortunate to at least pursue one of my callings if not all of them. Some people never even discover their talents in the first place.

No, I don't think I am wasting much talent.

I'm happy doing what I do for a living.

I am a pretty decent race car driver, and have won a national title, won Daytona, and several other major events. I'm not wasting anything there.

great-skills2.gif

The reality is I will most likely never realize my full potential, and speaking physically that ship has sailed; I left a lot on the table considering what I was given.

I don't know. The only thing I really have a talent for my whole life is writing and I do that for a living. Even if it's not the most interesting writing.

Otherwise at 44 I'm in the best shape of my life, travel and do whatever the fuck I want.

I don't know. The only thing I really have a talent for my whole life is writing and I do that for a living. Even if it's not the most interesting writing.

Otherwise at 44 I'm in the best shape of my life, travel and do whatever the fuck I want.
Awesome, wish we were all in that boat.
I'm happy doing what I do for a living.
I am a pretty decent race car driver, and have won a national title, won Daytona, and several other major events.
Kick F'n Ass PG, keep on keepin' on. Anyone that has won ANY national event in racing has paid their dues. Congrats !
<GinJuice>

i can drink A LOT without getting drunk but i have barely been drinking anything these last years. i dunno, maybe this talent is getting wasted.

I think I am doing below my opinion of myself, but my real talents are more limited than what I think. I guess i am good.

To an extent, yes. I do have a job that requires me to use my somewhat unique talents, or at least some of them. And I’m fairly certain there are few people in the world who could do my job as well as I do it. But I’d rather be using some of my more creative talents, writing music, or writing and drawing a cartoon. But I simply do not have time for those things.

I feel like I've a few talents I've never fully utilized (I've an uncle who raced/is mechanically inclined, an uncle who's a combat veteran who was SO and speaks at least 3 languages, and my dad was a tough and artistic SOB and him, my uncles, and myself are all solidly athletic. I've seen/utilized glimpses of these talents and others in myself throughout my life), partially because some of them would require a lot of school/and/or doing jobs I didn't care to.

I like learning language and even if it's a hard language to learn I've the stubbornness to beat my head against a wall to learn, but I'm not pursuing it and never have for more than brief stretches. If there's no need for me to do something difficult/time consuming with a clear reason why (carrot on the stick needs to be enticing) it's hard to motivate myself even if I've innate talent/drive for it. I also feel I'm reasonably intelligent and could go much further than my high school education, but lack of direction, cost, and not liking the classroom environment kept me away from that. Plus, with internets and books I can learn stuff every day.

No regrets though. I'm reasonably well off in life, debt free, with a well functioning body and mind.

Back