Are you THIS kind of a gamer?

It depends on the game. Some side quests are clearly just filler (Wind Waker) whilst others are often better than the main game (GTA series).

Yeah, although missing a big chunk of the side quests because you went past the point of no return is a big part of it.

In Yakuza 0, I left a blind woman in a warehouse for weeks because I went to run a Cabaret Club.

Storywriters really need to learn to pace a story with the gameplay, give gamers a chance to breathe and explore without being sucked out of the frantic pacing of the main stories.

I don't like having open things to do so I'm always doing all Side Quests in an area before I progress. The problem is becoming too OP by mid-game that the remainder becomes a cakewalk. It's incredibly difficult to balance side quest rewards with main quest difficulty. Cyberpunk is a glaring example. So many side quests (that were awesome) but left you running through the main game with ease. Eventually you were an unstoppable juggernaut.

Reactions: HHJ
I've definitely been slaughtered by death claws when wandering about doing side quests in areas I've no business being in yet.... If that's what you mean

It depends on how much fun the game and how clear the side quests are.

Like in doom 2016 there were alot of challenges you could do upgrades. I didn't stop till I did all of those. But this is because they were fun and challenging ad hell. I wish the game let you just play them over after you beat the game,in a separate mode.

Bloodstained curse of the moon is also a game that makes the choice easy to move off the beaten path to go in stronger against the boss. It don't hurt that again,the games fun as fuck.

Castlevania circle of the moon,I'm stuck on this really hard boss and faqs say you shouldn't when fight this boss unless your level 20 or above and I'm at 19. I'm not motivated to level up cos all the enemies near the boss are hard as fuck.

I don't like having open things to do so I'm always doing all Side Quests in an area before I progress. The problem is becoming too OP by mid-game that the remainder becomes a cakewalk. It's incredibly difficult to balance side quest rewards with main quest difficulty. Cyberpunk is a glaring example. So many side quests (that were awesome) but left you running through the main game with ease. Eventually you were an unstoppable juggernaut.
It's cool when games get that right. Lile when Your only op for like 15 or 10percent of the game,at the end.

I'm definitely like that, but it's more an OCD thing where I can't stand having tons of quests in my journal or icons on the map. It's one reason I struggle with story-rich open world games - I spend so much time away from the main storyline trying to clear shit up that I lose track of the plot and stop caring (The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition come to mind), and this only frustrates me because I know I'm missing out and neglecting a big part of the experience but I can't snap out of that shit

I get on a lot better with big open world games which don't have much of a story anyway (Like say Ghost Recon Wildlands, Skyrim or Farcry games), where I can go around hoovering up quests and map icons without caring about the actual story

I enjoyed Witcher 3 a lot but I basically ignored 60% of the side content on the first playthrough and followed the main story, then went back and cleared the map on NG+

Yes. I'm currently level 48 in "AC: Odyssey". Max level for enemies, as far as I can tell, is level 50. I'm only halfway through the campaign...

Yeah I love running side quests first. As much as possible before hitting the main quests. Exceptions are if the map is huge as fuck and it’s more convenient to run the next part of the main quest since I am close by.

GOW forced you to run the main quests a bit more often cause it’s the main way to level up. One of the few games that forced me to play a bit more balanced.

if the side quests have this bumpin ass music ill do anything.

I'll fight the mega man cylops asshole boss if this is playing

Pretty much. I like to slowly advance the main quest line while cleaning up every side quest available...

Definitely did this with the Fallout games, and also Final Fantasy, where i never actually got around to completing 10 or 12's storylines.

For the past few weeks I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077. At this point I am in act 3 right before some kind of point of no return quest.

So I've been playing gigs, taking care of NCPD stuff, and just generally dicking around. My character is quite powerful right now so it's actually pretty fun to get into random skirmishes.

I have been finding random muggings and criminal activity around, so I handle them. I guess you could say I am cleaning up Night City one block at a time, lol.

For the past few weeks I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077. At this point I am in act 3 right before some kind of point of no return quest.

So I've been playing gigs, taking care of NCPD stuff, and just generally dicking around. My character is quite powerful right now so it's actually pretty fun to get into random skirmishes.

I have been finding random muggings and criminal activity around, so I handle them. I guess you could say I am cleaning up Night City one block at a time, lol.

Do the secret ending scenario then

Never on a first play though. It saps some of the fun out of story driven games if you know you are OP.

Not sure what that is or how to get there.. don't spoil it. Not really sure what is going to happen at this point...

You should look up how to get it. Looking it up wont spoil anything. What part of the game are you at storywise?

Back