Are you THIS kind of a gamer?

There is a reason I'm 500+ hours into Elden Ring and maybe a third of the way through it.

Yeah I've still never.properly finished new Vegas after hundreds and hundreds of hours lol.

It really does depend on the game.

I've played through Witcher 3 five times and never 100% all of it.

I'm playing through Doom 2016 now and using a guide to find all the upgrades because the first time I played through it I was very underpowered by the time I got to the final levels.

Now 2/3rd through the game and I may be overpowered. I rarely die and stomping every enemy encounter with minimal difficulty.

Actually not. I tend to skip all cutscenes, dialogues and side stuff to get the game over with as quickly as possible.

Reactions: HHJ
Depends on whether the side quests are any good. Dragon Age Inquisition was brutal to get through if you tried to do everything. I did as little extra stuff as possible and tried to just get through the main story. With the Witcher 3 I replayed the entire game over again just to do all the quests I missed the first time around. I don't think I've ever actually beat an Elder Scrolls game because the main storyline isn't particularly compelling.

Yeah I've still never.properly finished new Vegas after hundreds and hundreds of hours lol.

This happened to me in FO3 and FONV. So when I got FO4 I told myself the minute I sense myself getting bored with the game I'm going to rush through the main story at least and get that finished. So I did it and then my game bugged out during a main mission and nothing I did could fix it.

yes, i tend to do all the side quests in the game as they pop up. Get to build up your loot and your exp. I stayed up until 4am on a work night (work 830am) doing side quests in Assassins Creed Origins...i was just addicted, hahaha

It depends on the rewards of the side quest.
If you get tons of EXP and items, so it would make my main quest easier, then yeah.

But that is usually if I have played the game before, it really depends.

For the past few weeks I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077. At this point I am in act 3 right before some kind of point of no return quest.

So I've been playing gigs, taking care of NCPD stuff, and just generally dicking around. My character is quite powerful right now so it's actually pretty fun to get into random skirmishes.

I have been finding random muggings and criminal activity around, so I handle them. I guess you could say I am cleaning up Night City one block at a time, lol.
I did the majority of the side quests before finishing the story... and I would have cleaned those up after finishing it... except for a game breaking glitch that kept me from being able to load the game right after the credits. I suppose that's probably fixed by now but I'm over it lol.

I have a thing for doing all the side quests first especially if the game has a talent tree system.

1OADzdx.jpg

Well I am... but Blizzard decided to just scale everything with your level for Diablo 4. Makes it more interesting I guess.

With these action RPGs like Dark Souls.. I pit in tons of hours. I build multiple overpowered characters that could easily walk through the game, thenI quit playing.

I've never beaten one of these games yet. I got passed the fire giant in Elden Ring and quit.

The only games I manage to beat nowadays are single player FPS games like Doom or Wolfenstein. Linear, straight forward, kill everything, kill the boss, win the game. Those are the games I actually finish.

Oh, hell yes. And I like to just go around and grind for a while to level up too. I like to be prepared.

I don't like having open things to do so I'm always doing all Side Quests in an area before I progress. The problem is becoming too OP by mid-game that the remainder becomes a cakewalk. It's incredibly difficult to balance side quest rewards with main quest difficulty. Cyberpunk is a glaring example. So many side quests (that were awesome) but left you running through the main game with ease. Eventually you were an unstoppable juggernaut.
Witcher 3 had the best solution for this as I completed the first 2 areas completely before moving on and was way over leveled by the time I hit Skellige. If I want to remain challenged I keep the setting on but if I just want to push through a quest/area I toggle it off and one shot everyone.

Yep, my OCD doesn't like those other quests in my menu/map.

I try to balance, especially in the games now where main quest levels with you....but usually the balance shifts bear the last act to side quests.

Back