Are you afraid that in the future UFC will replace the fighters with human-like robots?

With the explosive advancement of AI and robotics that we see curently, the experts predict that in the next 5 years we will have human-like robots. Does this idea scares you and do you think UFC would do it?
Does it scare me? Hello no! I can't wait!

<{natewhut}>

I would say it would be more likely all computer generated AI, and always held to "invited guests" at the APEX center. The major giveaway when they start is when Conor fights and he wins. That will be clearly AI fuckery.

Yes, very much. UFC Apex is the start of phasing humans out. All in all its a shame

No. Fighting is a safe profession when it comes to the AI threat.

Finally fighters will get the upper hand over the pencil pushing geeks who clowned them for training UFC instead of going to college. They're all going to be collecting welfare after AI pushes them out of work.

It's over when the blade runner type replicants get made though.

Robots controlled remotely by martial artists would be cool in it's own robot league.
But AI fighting sounds boring. Unless you meant T-800's that are being forced to fight in a cage and the crowd hopes they don't escape from their enclosure and kill us.

I wish you were right that it was coming this soon- I want a wife robot with all the right skills that is programmed to enjoy sharing me with other 'robots.' One that looks like Daryl Hannah.
You would like that robot shit. Fighters not saying anything, no trash talks, no ''BeiNG SiMiLaR To WWE''
Just good old fighting

With the explosive advancement of AI and robotics that we see curently, the experts predict that in the next 5 years we will have human-like robots. Does this idea scares you and do you think UFC would do it?

Ive worked in the grocery business for 20 years. We've tried impliment computer assisted ordering for the entirety of those 20 years. No matter how much information, variables, AI, etc - it cant do it And were talking about a system that at one point literally was 'when the item hits this much in inventory, order it' and it couldnt get it right. People over estimate the capabilities of computers in general and the 'ai' bullshit that is around right now.

Yes, I'm deeply concerned about this

I wish you were right that it was coming this soon- I want a wife robot with all the right skills that is programmed to enjoy sharing me with other 'robots.' One that looks like Daryl Hannah.
interesting. that explains a lot.

i am not worried about robot fighters. i am worried about increasingly sophisticated ways to fix fights.

in general, i think most industries will experience a legitimacy crisis due to ai and technology.

and even more generally, our existence is threatened by ai and technology. those sci-fi movies were correct. skynet will be real at some point.

interesting. that explains a lot.

i am not worried about robot fighters. i am worried about increasingly sophisticated ways to fix fights.

in general, i think most industries will experience a legitimacy crisis due to ai and technology.

and even more generally, our existence is threatened by ai and technology. those sci-fi movies were correct. skynet will be real at some point.
Yes, and the Terminators will go after those who can't capitalize words first.

omf2097.gif

I've been waiting for 30 years

I prefer watching real humans get put to sleep, especially glass chins that go down hilariously like Ben Saunders

Back