Are you a jerk on the road?

Yep, I always am in the fast lane but never go above 80. If I see you coming and there is a lane open of course I'll move over, but don't fucking dare tailgate me when I'm going 80. That shit drives me crazy.

The fuck are you talking about?

That's not what it's for. Get the fuck over when you pass someone.

Dummies cruising in the fast lane causes backups.

That's not what it's for. Get the fuck over when you pass someone.

Dummies cruising in the fast lane causes backups.

The speed limit is 65. I drive anywhere from 75-80.

The speed limit is 65. I drive anywhere from 75-80.

That's great, speed limit here is 75 on the freeway. I drive 85-90 and still move over as soon as I pass who I need to. There are always people going faster than you and I'm rarely in the way.

Stay out of the passing lane unless you're passing.

That's great, speed limit here is 75 on the freeway. I drive 85-90 and still move over as soon as I pass who I need to. There are always people going faster than you and I'm rarely in the way.

Stay out of the passing lane unless you're passing.

You are a fucking moron.

Learn to drive, dickweed.

Dono why you're being such a fucking dumbass. You tried to call me out because you assumed our speed limit is the same as yours I take it? I said almost literally exactly what you said as to how you drive.

My post:
Yep, I always am in the fast lane but never go above 80. If I see you coming and there is a lane open of course I'll move over, but don't fucking dare tailgate me when I'm going 80. That shit drives me crazy.

Speed limit is 65, yet I consistently go 10-15 mph over. I also always get over if I see someone coming and there is an open lane... onto your post:

speed limit here is 75 on the freeway. I drive 85-90 and still move over as soon as I pass who I need to. There are always people going faster than you and I'm rarely in the way.

So you also go 10-15 mph over and also move over for someone going faster.

....do you not know how to read?

Dono why you're being such a fucking dumbass. You tried to call me out because you assumed our speed limit is the same as yours I take it? I said almost literally exactly what you said as to how you drive.

My post:

Speed limit is 65, yet I consistently go 10-15 mph over. I also always get over if I see someone coming and there is an open lane... onto your post:

So you also go 10-15 mph over and also move over for someone going faster.

....do you not know how to read?

Respective speed limits have nothing to do with it. Dumbasses staying in the passing lane when they aren't actively passing is the issue.

Someone behind me doesn't prompt me to move over. Passing people does.

Respective speed limits have nothing to do with it. Dumbasses staying in the passing lane when they aren't actively passing is the issue.

Someone behind me doesn't prompt me to move over. Passing people does.

Now I have no fucking clue what you are even talking about. I'm pretty sure you were just assuming I was driving slow in the left lane and not getting over for people, which is 100% not the case.

Nah. I never beep my horn, even if I'm cut off, and I very rarely will flip someone the bird. I also let people take a turn probably 7/10 times, especially when I'm at work.

Now I have no fucking clue what you are even talking about. I'm pretty sure you were just assuming I was driving slow in the left lane and not getting over for people, which is 100% not the case.

I'm aware that this discussion has gone over your head.

I'm not assuming anything other than what you stated. That you always stay in the passing lane and only move over when you see someone behind you.

It doesn't matter how fast you're going, that's not what the passing lane is for.

In other words, get the fuck over when you pass someone and you won't have to worry about being tailgated because you were cruising in the passing lane.

Edit:

It is also illegal in many states in the US to use the "far left" or passing lane on a major highway as a traveling lane (as opposed to passing), or to fail to yield to faster moving traffic that is attempting to overtake in that lane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passing_lane

Last edited:
I'm aware that this discussion has gone over your head.

I'm not assuming anything other than what you stated. That you always stay in the passing lane and only move over when you see someone behind you.

It doesn't matter how fast you're going, that's not what the passing lane is for.

In other words, get the fuck over when you pass someone and you won't have to worry about being tailgated because you were cruising in the passing lane.

Yeah, clearly. Maybe it's because of where I live but I don't believe anyone uses the left lane as a "passing lane" as you are referring to it. I also very rarely am on a 2 lane highway... if ever.

Yeah, clearly. Maybe it's because of where I live but I don't believe anyone uses the left lane as a "passing lane" as you are referring to it. I also very rarely am on a 2 lane highway... if ever.

Same applies to multi-lane highways.

A common problem arising from misuse of the "fast lane" is that it forces faster moving traffic that wishes to overtake on the left to change lanes, overtake on the right, and then change lanes again. Further, if the vehicle misusing the passing lane is going slower than the flow of other traffic, it forces those using the middle "travel" lane (but who are moving faster) to pass on the right as well.

Isn't CA known for having shit drivers?

Isn't CA known for having shit drivers?

Yep, it's full of shitty drivers but also just a ton of drivers. I can't imagine ever seeing no one in the left lane other than for passing.

Anyone who cannot drive a standard is already a jerk on principal alone. :p

No, when ALL lanes are backed up, I don't do that. I only do it when the lane I'm in is clear and I don't back anyone up while I'm cutting in.

So let's say you're driving down King Possom Jenkins lane, and everyone who is already in the lane you want to be in is moving together well enough that you can't get in without backing the line up. Are you prepared to skip that exit and find another way to your destination?

Merging lanes are an example. When two lanes merge into one, everyone immediately gets to the lane that doesn't "end" hundreds of feet before the ending lane actually ends. So you have a huge empty space not being used.

I use that space.

That's exactly what everyone thought you were doing when we informed you that you're driving line an asshole. The only reason to use that space when traffic is barely moving is if the backup has gotten to the extent that it is creating its own problems. For instance if a backup at a popular exit has effectively blocked the previous exit. Until something like that happens, space is of no concern. Speed is. You're slowing everyone down, and cutting in, and giving everyone the impression that you think your time is more valuable than theirs.

So let's say you're driving down King Possom Jenkins lane, and everyone who is already in the lane you want to be in is moving together well enough that you can't get in without backing the line up. Are you prepared to skip that exit and find another way to your destination?

Yes.

Just like the part you just quoted said, I don't hold the line up while cutting.

That's exactly what everyone thought you were doing when we informed you that you're driving line an asshole. The only reason to use that space when traffic is barely moving is if the backup has gotten to the extent that it is creating its own problems. For instance if a backup at a popular exit has effectively blocked the previous exit. Until something like that happens, space is of no concern. Speed is. You're slowing everyone down, and cutting in, and giving everyone the impression that you think your time is more valuable than theirs.

I can't help what people's impressions are.

And people getting out of the lane that ends a quarter of a mile before it merges is one of the things that CREATES a backup. By using the empty space, I'm making that backup one car smaller. If everyone did the same, the backup would be much smaller.

You seem to think that making a bottleneck even longer is a great idea. I don't.

I'm an asshole driver sometimes. I'm probably an 8 most days.
Stupid ass drivers get me like that tho.

I go the speed limit, keep my distance from other cars and slow down in order to let people in when they are merging into my lane. I also slow down when the weather turns harsh.

Back