Are you a jerk on the road?

On a bike when they are a foot or so from your back tire, really?

My brake pedal on my car i know. So i can use it without losing speed.

If you cant do this on your bike. Gently remove one hand and slowly indicate to the driver behind you to back off.

My brake pedal on my car i know. So i can use it without losing speed.

If you cant do this on your bike. Gently remove one hand and slowly indicate to the driver behind you to back off.

Do you ride a bike?

I stated I changed lanes to allow them to pass and they followed me doing the same thing.

When was the last time you had someone so close to you that you couldn't see their bumper in your mirror?

Now think about that on a bike and then changing lanes and they still are on you.

thankfully, i don't drive much anymore. but when i do, i let people through. getting angry only hurts you, so be courteous. i don't need the stress of being pissed off.

Oldshadow I see bikers constantly breaking the law and putting others lives at stake by passing in no passing zones which puts the responsibility on the drivers coming in the other lane to swerve, passing on the right, pulling out in intersections impatiently, and generally being traffic law breaking dicks because they think doing so in a lighter vehicle at high speeds somehow is ok.

The point is this is intentional and something as heavy as motorcycle going that fast is pretty much a weapon so should I start throwing bricks at them and if they retaliate further shoot at them? Do you know how many bikers I would have bricked by now if I held them to the same standards you hold people in cars?

I fkn hate the "Watch out for motorcycles" bumper stickers. It's not my responsibility to pay special attention to some asshole bobbing in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds, cutting people off, etc. I even saw one guy on 95 going about 80 doing a wheelie. This applies primarily to the crotch rocket fkers, not the Harley riders. They are their own worst threat on the road. I'll start looking out for them when they look out for themselves.

I fkn hate the "Watch out for motorcycles" bumper stickers. It's not my responsibility to pay special attention to some asshole bobbing in and out of traffic at ridiculous speeds, cutting people off, etc. I even saw one guy on 95 going about 80 doing a wheelie. This applies primarily to the crotch rocket fkers, not the Harley riders. They are their own worst threat on the road. I'll start looking out for them when they look out for themselves.

The watch out for motorcycles is about bikers getting hit while perfectly legal.

Mainly it's people turning left (in the U.S.) in front of a biker and saying they never saw them.

The biker T bones them most of the time killing the biker.

And if you do stupid shit on a bike you have no one to blame if you eat metal.

I used to be pretty aggressive in my driving, but have dialed it down a bit since having our son. My road rage was a next level event type of shit sometimes. Basically, if you are driving the speed limit, I try not to bitch about anything. But I'm still impatient as fuck

you motherfucking impatient drivers need to realize if we all followed the rules, laws and etiquette of the road, we'd all get home faster.

fuck you for sneaking in at the last moment

fuck you for not letting me in when i clearly have a turn signal on

fuck you for texting and driving

fuck you for speeding and tailgating me in anything other than the far left lane.

i honestly hope you all crash and burn to death.

All of this. Those stupid assholes who move to the front of the line and just sit there with their signal light on are fucking it up for everyone else. That slows shit down way too much. I hope they all die of long, painful cancer.

So how about if you have a red light and you want to make a left turn? Do you wait until all the oncoming traffic stops once the green hits and then take the turn? Or do you watch the light and make that quick left turn as soon as the green hits?

This is exceptionally c-nty.

I mean, if for instance, there is a long line to take an exit to go over a bridge, and you get on the back of the line while there are 3 lanes open next to the line, you're either not in a rush or you're just used to life shitting on you. Either way, you can't get mad if I take the lane next to you and I sneak in at the very beginning of the line. Don't worry, I'm really slick about it-- I don't wedge myself in inch by inch, I will find an opening while the line is moving and slide right in. By the time I'm in front of you you have only just begun to realize I stole your spot.

I do this.

Really don't think it's being an asshole. Not too much at least.

It's just a rational use of space. If it's rush hour and there's a giant line of cars, but then another huge, open lane right next to it, it makes little sense to just keep piling into the long line and ignore the empty one. You're just making the problem worse!

Not being an asshole, just making traffic flow faster.

Another dick move is when someone pulls up to the right turn lane next to you at a red light and then tries to drag race and cut into your lane before they crash into the cars parked along the side of the road across the intersection. All to be first in line at the next red light 100 yards down the road.

This is exceptionally c-nty.

Sometimes you can tell when someone is going to do this and if you're quick, you can beat 'em. Thats a great feeling.

horns are fine and all but there is a time and place for using them and drivers in the city go HAM on that shit way too often. Doesn't sound that loud when you're in your sound deadening car listening to music but to the pedestrians walking down the block next to you its ear piercing. I scream profanitie laced threats at drivers more when I'm walking or skating than driving.

Are you an asshole on the road, or are you passive and just wait your turn/follow all traffic rules/let other people pass you? Are you one of those passive aggressive people that won't let another car take your spot while you wait on a long line to get on a highway/bridge/exit etc?

On a scale of 1 to 10 where a 10 is a complete asshole and 1 is a doormat I'm probably an 8. I don't run red lights or anything like that but the speed limit is a joke to me and I never wait on long lines. I mean, it takes me up to an hour to get home sometimes, and I only have 3-4 hours tops to get undressed, have dinner, browse sherdog, and listen to my gf, so every second is precious.

I mean, if for instance, there is a long line to take an exit to go over a bridge, and you get on the back of the line while there are 3 lanes open next to the line, you're either not in a rush or you're just used to life shitting on you. Either way, you can't get mad if I take the lane next to you and I sneak in at the very beginning of the line. Don't worry, I'm really slick about it-- I don't wedge myself in inch by inch, I will find an opening while the line is moving and slide right in. By the time I'm in front of you you have only just begun to realize I stole your spot.

The passive aggressive drivers are hilarious to me. They'll see what I am trying to do but will do everything in their power to block me from getting ahead of them in the line. Fair enough-- I just get ahead of the car in front of yours, cuz the're's a strong chance he/she is a passive driver and hasn't realized yet that waiting on line is a waste of time. So in the end, I took your spot anyway.

inb4 "you're an asshole, you should get your license taken away":icon_twis

total dick move.

Selfish, shitty behavior.

People cooperating and understanding the concept of lining up is one of the few saving graces of humanity. You sir, don't make the cut.

Once I was in a 5 lane highway that was being funneled down to 1 lane before a tunnel, and there was a HOV lane to the right of that one lane that merged into that lane just before the tunnel. HOV is High Occupancy Vehicle, and you can only drive in this lane if there are 2 or more people in the car you're driving.

Some asshole in a miada, by himself, roasted all the way up the HOV lane to merge in at the last minute, like a total scumbag (see: TS), but all of us in the lane who had patiently waited our turns to facilitate the smooth transition of traffic for everyone involved saw this selfish knuckle dragger trying to do this, so nobody let him in. I kept teasing him, making 3/4 of the required space just in front of me and when he'd try to merge in I'd quickly close the gap and laugh at him, pointing my finger. At first he had this "fuck yourself, everybody" attitude and was laughing it off but eventually he got super pissed and tried to just gun it into the pseudo-spot I made in front of me, which ended up in him smashing into the car ahead of me, a new lexus. His airbag deployed, and I almost killed myself laughing.

Then, as luck would have it, a cop came up the HOV lane with his lights on and pulled the guy over. The lane of traffic I was in was moving so slowly I got to see him get a ticket from the cop and exchange info with the lexus driver.

Made my whole week. I love instant karma, especially when I get to play a hand in it.

You better count your lucky stars, TS. some day you're gonna piss off some lunatic and all those precious sherdog seconds you've stolen for yourself from other people who have more important things to do is going to be paid back to the universe as some juice monkey rearranges your face with a tire iron.

Sometimes you can tell when someone is going to do this and if you're quick, you can beat 'em. Thats a great feeling.

Yup I've been in that situation a few times. Or when someone is at a red light beside you but they're in the turning lane and plan on going straight and whizzing around you. You must race them so they have no choice but to wait in the middle of the intersection until someone lets them in. Very satisfying.

Yup I've been in that situation a few times. Or when someone is at a red light beside you but they're in the turning lane and plan on going straight and whizzing around you. You must race them so they have no choice but to wait in the middle of the intersection until someone lets them in. Very satisfying.

I've never seen that happen, but that sounds awesome.

You never know tho, maybe the person didn't realize it was a turning lane until it was too late, and their only other option other than racing ahead and cutting in front of the lane to their left is to wait for an opening in that lane and then merge in before the intersection, but maye there's a bunch of people behind them wanting to turn right and they'd be fucking them if they waited.

Let's get a grip on yourselves with all these masturbation jokes.

I don't believe in road etiquette anymore. I only believe in moving obstacles.

I've never seen that happen, but that sounds awesome.

You never know tho, maybe the person didn't realize it was a turning lane until it was too late, and their only other option other than racing ahead and cutting in front of the lane to their left is to wait for an opening in that lane and then merge in before the intersection, but maye there's a bunch of people behind them wanting to turn right and they'd be fucking them if they waited.

Yeah, but when I'm in that situation and I realize it was my fuck up, I'll just suck it up and turn then find a spot to get back on track down the road. Maybe I'm too courteous.

I do this.

Really don't think it's being an asshole. Not too much at least.

It's just a rational use of space. If it's rush hour and there's a giant line of cars, but then another huge, open lane right next to it, it makes little sense to just keep piling into the long line and ignore the empty one. You're just making the problem worse!

Not being an asshole, just making traffic flow faster.

If you use a lane to go a different direction than it's intended for, then you are being an asshole. You aren't making traffic flow faster, you're making it slower while the ENTIRE line waits for you to negotiate your way in. The advantage of stoplights over stop signs is that the lines move as one, rather than cars taking turns. The same principle applies here.

Personally, I drive a sporty car and I know what it's capable of. I don't drive fast with anyone in close proximity, and I will purposely punish those who do. In the vast majority of cases, following the rules makes things more efficient, and I hate to see people acting selfish on the road.

Back