Social Are you a good pool player?

Are you a good pool player?

• Total voters
I’m definitely below average but not bad. I can make a good shot every now and then

I’m average but I love playing even when I lose

I'm terrible so I don't play. My Brother has been one of the better league players around here for decades. His teams have had some podium finishes at the APA Championships in Vegas.

Voted "Yes I'm a pro"... if we're including pool of the "pocket" variety

Used to bail out of highschool classes to go and play pool. I pretty good at it.

Nowadays I'm surely average at best.

I'm average at best, probably below average. But I do play better when I'm drinking. I just don't overthink things when I'm drinking and that helps my game. lol

How about you guys?

aid1675593-v4-1200px-Play-Pool-Step-7-Version-6.jpg
Same, I play better when I'm drinking. I'd say I'm average, I've advanced deep into pool tournaments before but haven't won. I met Brian Ortega's brother over a game of pool. My girl and I were getting a good buzz playing pool at the bar downtown before we walked to the Bellator event. These three guys came in and wanted to play with us, we got to talking and they said they were cornering a fighter at Bellator. After a few games, one of the guys said do you know who you're playing pool with? Nope. That's Brian Ortega's brother. Then it made sense, dude looked a hell of a lot like him. They were cool, we all had a beer once we got to the arena.

I grew up with a pool table in the house. I'm pretty good.

Although I always find ways to lose to people I shouldn't. So I am not great. Better on a small bar table than a full size.

I'm not at the beginning while we're betting but I seem to get progressively better as the night goes on and somehow I'm always winning money through sheer luck.

I used to be fairly decent about 30 years ago.

Nowadays the only time I play is when we're on holiday and the resort has a table , I normally play a couple of times there but the cues are normally awful , warped to hell in the heat and the tables aren't in great shape either.

I played a lot for about 3 years, but that was 12 years ago. I'm pretty average these days. That's average including all the people like me who play very rarely. In a pool hall I'm sure I'm below average.

I was above average/very good. Played in a lot of cash tournaments in bars and pool halls. I was primarily a straight pool and 8-ball player. But then 9-ball became the game of choice and I stopped competing and only played for fun. This was my table in Vegas before I left last year. 9 foot Olhausen.
457643_10151158913397538_1990136890_o.jpg

Im good now used to be very good. Don’t play as often as I used too.

Played cash tournaments , league and hustled for years.

I've played every working day for over fourteen months. Tables knackered and the cues are buggered, but we get by.

My colleagues think I'm very good, though I don't play too well when it's busy in the staff room. I also cut my shots a lot, so I sink the white a bit too much.

So I voted "good", but I've beaten some very good players.

This got me thinking about how long it's been since I've played pool. It's probably been 40 years. I played at the local boys club in my youth. My parents got a table when I was 16 so I played a lot at home. When I turned 18 I played occasionally at bars. I'd have to say I was slightly above average. I could have very good days when I couldn't seem to miss. Then there were days when nothing went in.

Back