Social Are you a good pool player?

Are you a good pool player?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm average at best, probably below average. But I do play better when I'm drinking. I just don't overthink things when I'm drinking and that helps my game. lol

How about you guys?

aid1675593-v4-1200px-Play-Pool-Step-7-Version-6.jpg

I play around twice a week.

And I voted, I'm one of the worst.

LOL come on, I know you're a shark, you're just laying low and waiting to attack at the right time.

That happened to me once, I was playing this random guy. He started off playing like shit. And then after two games, he becomes this magician player. I was like wtf?! Holy shit he fooled me. lol

There was a point when I was damn good.. it used to be a popular thing to take chicks out to the pool halls that used to be everywhere around here.. most of them are gone now tho. Some of my friends parents had pool tables so we’d play a lot.. that’s another thing that’s died out.

Pool is very underrated imo as something to do that can be relaxing while getting you off your ass and mingling.

There was a point when I was damn good.. it used to be a popular thing to take chicks out to the pool halls that used to be everywhere around here.. most of them are gone now tho. Some of my friends parents had pool tables so we’d play a lot.. that’s another thing that’s died out.

Pool is very underrated imo as something to do that can be relaxing while getting you off your ass and mingling.

I agree it's a great way to socialize with people.

I am decent. I always play while I am also drinking beers so I am not sure how good I can be. I do not break well though.

Good breaks almost always come down to the cue (at least for me).. I hated breaking at pool halls where it was hard to find cues that weren’t warped all to hell lol.. never got around to buying my own cue tho I came close a few times.

I played a lot at school and university, both British and American (the American table and balls are bigger). I was pretty decent then and if I took it up again would probably be not bad again.

TenderHardtofindIndianpangolin-size_restricted.gif

I haven’t touched a cue in a year and I’d smesh everyone in this thread easily. Grew up playing though. Grand parents had a billiard size table and we had a bar size one at our house.

Mostly the same for me. From age 18-25 or so I was in the pool hall with my friends or co-workers at least once a week, I wasn't good but I was playing enough that I saw steady progress and didn't suck. Then the local pool halls closed down and it was a lot harder to get playing time in, and by the time I was 30 I was only playing a couple times a year if I was lucky.

I miss playing pool, I want to get my own table when my kids are a bit older and I have a bit more room in my home.

Back