Are we taking bethe too lightly?

passa

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Fans and media alike...when it comes to ronda vs bethe...there is an universal sentiment about the fight is not about who wins but about how long before ronda wins....and rightly so...but do you think that we are discredeting beth a bit too much...is it really gonna be a walk in the park for ronda?

I think they are....especially the fans saying it will take 60 seconds. I dont think that she will beat Ronda or come close but I think she has the potential to last a round or two. Ronda's last two fights were very quick but those fights had all the right circumstances happen, it may not this time. She may have a longer fight then expected.

It will be a walk in the park for Rhonda. Beth gets a shot because there just isn't anyone out there.

Ronda takes Bethe's soul. I'll edit my sig to "I'm the dumbest shertard on Sherdog" if I'm wrong. In fact, you decide my sig if I'm wrong.

If anything people are making it out to be a competitive contest just to shower Ronda with more praise afterwards.

She's gonna get armbarred in seconds just like everyone else.

Ronda's chin will most likely take her arm punches lightly

After watching bethe fight I really believe I could drive downtown right now and find some scary looking woman who could beat her down. There is no way Ronda can lose this fight.

It will be a walk in the park for Rhonda. Beth gets a shot because there just isn't anyone out there.

Not that Nunes is on Ronda's level but she seems to throw somewhat hard and she is aggressive.

No, Bethe gets thrown down in the first round and loses by armbar or vicious gnp.

I don't think so. Bethe has zero tools to deal with Ronda's game. I'm not convinced it will be short and I actually believe Ronda might try to drag it out for a while. I'm sort of expecting Ronda to use her grappling solely for positioning and then aim to GNP Bethe's face as long as possible. I see pitbull being even uglier after this fight.

No. Look at the quality of Bethe's opponents, and her lack of finishes. SEVEN decisions, and just two (T)KOs.

The fact that she has almost no ground game what-so-ever only makes this matchup even worse. She's going to get mauled tonight. The only chance she has against Ronda is a fluke KO.

No. Look at the quality of Bethe's opponents, and her lack of finishes. SEVEN decisions, and just two (T)KOs.

The fact that she has almost no ground game what-so-ever only makes this matchup even worse. She's going to get mauled tonight. The only chance she has against Ronda is a fluke KO.
The fact that they're marketing her as a 1-punch KO artist, instead of the 2000-punch decision-artist she is, is hilarious. I know it's for marketing, but at least hype up something she actually did.

We surely do. These threads like 'under or over 60 seconds' are ridiculous.

This is MMA, anything can happen, I give Bethe solid 20% of winning.

Weird shit happens, but I don't see it here. Dillashaw, Serra both at least had things you could point to as possibilities where they could give their opponent trouble. Here, it takes a flat out fluke KO, which again; is possible but extremely unlikely.

This is in Sonnen vs Jones territory, if not worse.

Weird shit happens, but I don't see it here. Dillashaw, Serra both at least had things you could point to as possibilities where they could give their opponent trouble. Here, it takes a flat out fluke KO, which again; is possible but extremely unlikely.

Bethe doesn't even have enough power for a puncher's chance

Bethe has not shown she has the power necessary to be able to one-punch KO someone. So, she doesn't really even have a puncher's chance.

Back