Are we forgetting Max has lost 3 of his last 5 fights?

No dummy you obviously did read all the posts that lead up to me saying what I said so its making YOU look retarded...I mean wow
He's pointing out that in the post you were responding to there was an error on your part ignoring point "c" and going straight to point "D" with the internet thug routine.

They were all competitive fights though. And his last loss was very close and could have gone either way.

I don't get yellows for nothing a few people on here know me and know I am for real ...and I and t play that...you about to find out first hand....state your opinion...but the disrespect will not be tolerated

We got ourselves a real badass here, you guys. Don't disrespect OP or he may have to tap his keys really hard next time.

Read other threads ...I mean wow you think I am making it you lmboooooooooo

Making it what? Are you trying to say making it up? No one can understand the things you say in any of your posts. You say people are talking about him being a goat, are you talking about the goat FW? If so you should say the goat FW not just say goat as there is a bit of a difference. If that's the case then you think he's not in the FW goat discussion? You must be really drunk tonight.

Aldo is the fw goat and is not even close. Also, Volk beat him twice, whether his fans like it or not. It’s reality... there was no robbery at all lol. It could have gone either way.. you don’t want that as a contender, though...

Max is a great featherweight but he is in a very shitty situation. He is not fighting Volk a third time and he would get beaten up at lightweight.

Agree not a robbery but the FW GOAT debate is still IMO an open question. I’ll go with Aldo as well, but Max is getting closer and closer.....

Aldo (2x, by stoppage)
Edgar
Ortega (stoppage)
Kattar
Pettis (stoppage)
Oliveira (stoppage)
Stephens
Swanson (stoppage)
Lamas

That’s an excellent top ten wins. Never been knocked out, and don’t recall him being dropped. Since hitting his prime he’s only lost three competitive decisions, one very debatable.

Aldo has....

Mendes (2x, one stoppage)
Edgar (2x)
Florian
Faber
Korean Zombie (stoppage)
Lamas
Stephens (stoppage)
Moicano (stoppage)

IMO they’re pretty comparable top tens. I’ll take Aldo by a hair. Max appears to have a lot more left though. Certainly if he goes on to beat Volk at some point, and maybe a couple more from the current top ten, I think that would be enough.

Before the Kattar fight I would’ve agreed that Max may have nowhere to go. But after looking so electric against Kattar I think he’ll remain in the mix at 145 regardless of how his next fight or two goes. Volk is good, but he isn’t invincible the way other champs have seen. I think he’ll lose at some point soon, whether to Max or someone else. It’ll take more than one guy to have his number to make Max irrelevant IMO.

Last edited:
Exactly. He fought some no name opponent who has 0 top 5 wins and Max fans get pumped up. LoL Maxy lost 4 times to the same two guys. Let that sink in.

How many fighters do you imagine have top five wins?

Ortega has one back end top five win. Zabit has zero. Yair has zero. TKZ has zero. Kattar has zero. Emmett has zero.

Also, what needs to sink in about losing to Poirier and Volk? Again, who hasn’t lost fights? Jones and Khabib? Great, Max isn’t Jones or Khabib.

Agree not a robbery but the FW GOAT debate is still IMO an open question. I’ll go with Aldo as well, but Max is getting closer and closer.....

Aldo (2x, by stoppage)
Edgar
Ortega (stoppage)
Kattar
Pettis (stoppage)
Oliveira (stoppage)
Stephens
Swanson (stoppage)
Lamas

That’s an excellent top ten wins. Never been knocked out, and don’t recall him being dropped. Since hitting his prime he’s only lost three competitive decisions, one very debatable.

Aldo has....

Mendes (2x, one stoppage)
Edgar (2x)
Florian
Faber
Korean Zombie (stoppage)
Lamas
Stephens (stoppage)
Moicano (stoppage)

IMO they’re pretty comparable top tens. I’ll take Aldo by a hair. Max appears to have a lot more left though. Certainly if he goes on to beat Volk at some point, and maybe a couple more from the current top ten, I think that would be enough.

Before the Kattar fight I would’ve agreed that Max may have nowhere to go. But after looking so electric against Kattar I think he’ll remain in the mix at 145 regardless of how his next fight or two goes. Volk is good, but he isn’t invincible the way other champs have seen. I think he’ll lose at some point soon, whether to Max or someone else. It’ll take more than one guy to have his number to make Max irrelevant IMO.

Why don't you count Brown for Aldo? he was the champ, or even Swanson?

I just rewatched Poirier vs Holloway 2, that fight was a lot closer than I recalled. I'm not a Max fan, but he put on an amazing performance. When Poirier was fresh in the first few rounds he was out boxing and out voluming Max and causing more damage, but Max wouldn't go away and Poirier gassed a bit in rounds 3-5. Good thing Poirier caused more damage, I think that's what won him the fight.

Lots of talk about Max being the best boxer, but when they were fresh Poirier looked much better and Max is very hitable. If it wasn't for Max chin and cardio I don't think there would be as much hype regarding his boxing.

Why don't you count Brown for Aldo? he was the champ, or even Swanson?

I picked what I thought were probably the ten most notable. If you go a bit deeper Aldo’s next level is better, which makes sense since he’s several years ahead of Max in his career.

How DARE any of you praise Max's last fight where he broke a dozen records against one of the strongest prospects at 145

I sincerely want to stab all the people who say "Are we pretending/Are we forgetting" right in the face.

One of those stupid internet practices that needs to die already.

As far as the topic goes, what is the mystery? He lost cleanly (but reasonably competitively) to an elite guy at LW that had also beat him at FW (albeit in a different way), and he went 0-2 with 1 50/50 type fight against an elite guy at FW that is clearly a difficult stylistic matchup for him.

The Frankie, Ortega and Kattar fights have shown that he hasn't fallen off at all. If he had dropped off significantly, you would see it in those types of fights. Struggling to get wins or even losing against guys he should be blowing out at his old standard. But he didn't. He won dominantly and looked impressive.

Back