Are we abolishing the very concept of biological sex in Canada?

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Maybe "peoplekind" wasn't a joke after all. A couple of recent stories from our state broadcaster have really jumped out at me, and I'm wondering where exactly this is all heading. First off, Service Canada will not be using the word father or mother anymore to describe fathers or mothers.

Service Canada's gender neutral directive is 'confusing' and 'will be corrected' says minister

Front-line workers asked to use gender-neutral term 'parent' instead of mother or father
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/service-canada-gender-neutral-1.4585629

The uncorrected guidelines rule out using terms such as mother and father because they are "gender specific" and say the neutral word "parent" should be used instead.

The same goes for honorifics such as Mr., Mrs., and Ms., and in both languages. Instead, the guidelines instruct employees to address customers by their full names, or to ask them what they want to be called.

Service Canada helps Canadians connect with a variety of government programs, including Employment Insurance, the Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security.

Updating government forms
According to an official — who asked to remain anonymous because they are not authorized to speak on the issue — the new directive is already in place and has led to some difficult situations for civil servants.

"It happens that we talk to people and we ask, 'What is the name of parent number one?' People do not understand," said the official.

Helen Kennedy, executive director of the LGBT rights group Egale Canada, said her group was "very pleased" to hear about the changes. She said people who don't fit into "neat boxes" often have uncomfortable and negative experiences accessing government programs.

She also urged the government to provide staff with training on why it's important to properly gender people.

The not using Mr and Mrs is whatever I guess.....but father and mother are now forbidden words? Wtf? Reminds me of how Newspeak was constantly being revised to remove words. And yes, it's important for the government to pay for these re-education sessions isn't it. I know that I've had the training seminars at my work.

But this was even more bizarre. A softball coach from Edmonton raised a stink and now all softball leagues for girls in Canada have to accept boys:

Softball coach calls out league policy on transgender players, sparks national response
'It was pretty intrusive, especially when we're talking about kids who are under the age 18'
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/softball-league-transgender-policy-1.4584947
"I think this is great news, definitely a step in the right direction, especially at the national level," said Pete Howell, who has coached amateur softball in the city for almost a decade.

"I think this will raise a lot of awareness right across Canada. And it's all the local [sports] communities, not just softball, but hopefully to other sports entities right across the country."

Earlier this month, Howell was getting ready to coach a U-16 girls team in the McLeod neighbourhood. The coach didn't see a problem when his step-daughter asked if her friends, who are transgender, could join the team.

Still, he sent a note to the organizations that oversee his league to be sure.

Howell was shocked to learn the city's minor softball association wanted medical documentation about a transgender player's "gender reassignment" status to determine on which team the youth could play.

"My initial reaction was, 'Holy crap.' It was pretty intrusive, especially when we're talking about kids who are under the age 18," Howell said. "They were asking for medical information that I don't think was anyone's business.

She has multiple friends who are MtF trannies in some random neighbourhood in Edmonton? Maybe this is something we should talk about. Isn't it a cause for concern that more and more kids are feeling that they were "born in the wrong body"? Note that comment he made about other sports.

he federal organization is now rewriting its rules, thanks to the concerns raised by Howell.

"When we developed our policy it was, as we understood, the generally accepted policy and it was compliant with whatever federal legislation there was at the time," said Hugh Mitchener, chief executive officer of Softball Canada.

In 2016, the federal government added gender expression and identity as protected grounds to the Human Rights Act.

"As soon as we became aware of [the change], our lawyer said we're no longer compliant with that policy. So we pulled the policy and we're working on a new one, which is just about ready for our board of directors to approve."

Athletes who play on the national team — and compete internationally — will have to abide by international guidelines, which can demand that a player's testosterone levels, for example, fall within a certain range.

So C-16 is having an effect. Not sure how this makes any sense: leagues like this (not to mention changerooms, bathrooms, women's shelters etc) are segregated by sex, not "gender identity".

Transgender athletes are often treated with unsubstantiated fear and distrust, said Marni Panas, a transgender woman and diversity consultant in Edmonton.

Panas is a competitive runner who has participated in the World's Masters Games as a man, and later as a woman.

"People are thinking these teens and children are going to say, 'Yeah, I'm born a male, but I'm going to compete in the female (category) today so we can get an edge and we can win.'
Hmm a diversity consultant.....I guess "she" gets makes a living doing those aforementioned re-education seminars eh.

It's very interesting that CBC, with all their taxpayer-funded resources, couldn't find a single person to reflect another side of the story. Not a single girl, parent or coach who doesn't agree with the new policy. CBC seems to just promote and wave pom-poms for this kind of stuff, and actually refused to show that documentary showing another side to the "trans kids" phenomenon.

Ok so softball isn't the biggest deal in the world, but what about hockey and other physical sports? What about girls who can't make teams because their spot is taken by a guy who "identifies" as a female? I don't think the average Canadian really grasps how radial C-16 was. It pretty much re-wrote human existence. It seems like biological sex is now subordinate to "gender identity", an ill-defined, pseudo-religious, unverifiable concept.

It really seems that our country has taken on gender theory as a state religion. The "just a few kids on a campus" are now dictating policy. How far do you guys see this going? Do you guys think this is a big deal or no? Does anyone agree that the terms mother and father are problematic, or that males should be able to play in female leagues? This is quite a Brave New World that our government seems to be leading us into - was the last federal election a referendum on allowing postmodern gender theory/"queer theory" to become our state religion?

Any time your headline is a question, the answer is always no.

I bet Jordan Peterson gets a Patreon "ca-ching" boner every time he picks up a paper and sees a story like this.

What an embarrassing time to be alive.

"diversity consultant"

Reminds of diversity officers at universities.

What do these people do? They come in at 9 in the morning, sit down at their desk, and then what? Can a white male be a diversity officer/consultant?

Nobody in canada takes this shit seriously except the mentally ill

"diversity consultant"

Reminds of diversity officers at universities.

What do these people do? They come in at 9 in the morning, sit down at their desk, and then what? Can a white male be a diversity officer/consultant?

They seem like commissars, there to enforce the Party's will. I think that their duties include co-ordinating the aforementioned re-education sessions run by their fellow travelers, setting up initiatives like "implicit bias training", making sure that departments have enough of each "identity", etc. The only way that a white male could get that job is if he identifies as a woman.

Seems like our government is taking it extremely seriously. How far are they gonna take this?

I dont know, its already been taken too far. Hopefully we have enough sensible people to push back on it before it becomes even more ridiculous

Canada gonna Canada.

For all the praise we hear for Canadian politeness, stuff like this is the shadow consequence. You have a population of sensible people who can’t seem to get their blood up enough to do something about it.

Hahaha! Fucking Canada man.
I know.

With their universal healthcare and top ten rankings in quality of life, education, and happiness.

What losers!

Quality of life: #1
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings

Best countries to live in #2
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/quality-of-life-rankings

Happiest countries #7
https://www.canadiangeographic.ca/article/canada-ranked-7th-happiest-country-world

Education #3
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2010/dec/07/world-education-rankings-maths-science-reading

What the rest of the world REALLY needs to be doing, clearly, is spend more time worrying about the inclusive language in Canadian public documents.

Clearly it's killing them.

Just like the lack of standardized testing is really sinking Finland's education system.

What an embarrassing time to be alive.
I can only assume you are referring to the fact the that, in 2018, the United States still has 40M+ people without healthcare, and I agree completely.

Last edited:
According to @JosephDredd, the mentally ill should be the ones making laws, and anyone who suggests otherwise is a "POS" and "literal scum".

No, according to @JosephDredd , @nostradumbass is a POS and literally scum for saying people with mental illness are equivalent to Nazis. Literally the biggest POS statement I've read on here in a long while. You disgust me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back