Are These Fighters Legends or Not (Poll #4)

Damn no love for Miletich. Absolutely a legend. Not only was a champion, but has produced a fine stable of Champions as well. Hughes, Pulver, Sylvia and now Lawler. That's a hell of a resume. Find me another trainer that's won a UFC belt and coached 4 UFC champions on the road to their belt.

Whoever voted no is a total mma noob.

He's a legend as a trainer. Not as a fighter.

Easy

tumblr_m74u2hqTKt1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

He's a legend as a trainer. Not as a fighter.

That may be true, but the question isn't "Who is a legend as a fighter in MMA?" Rather, "Who deserves the title of a legend in MMA?"

I think a really great trainer could be considered, especially when he was also a very good fighter.

That may be true, but the question isn't "Who is a legend as a fighter in MMA?" Rather, "Who deserves the title of a legend in MMA?"

I think a really great trainer could be considered, especially when he was also a very good fighter.

The thread name is "Are These Fighters Legends or Not." It gave me pause too, because while Miletich is a fighter and a legend, I don't consider him a legend as a fighter and I could see going no based on the thread title. I went yes, though.

The thread name is "Are These Fighters Legends or Not." It gave me pause too, because while Miletich is a fighter and a legend, I don't consider him a legend as a fighter and I could see going no based on the thread title. I went yes, though.

Touche...touche. But hopefully most people get the point that a fighter can be a legend in more ways than just how great or not great fighting career was. Bas Rutten I feel deserves credit for more than just his fighting career for example. I guess I meant for the thread to be do these fighters deserve the status of legend based on ALL their contributions to MMA?

Yes across the board. Miletich never gets the respect he deserves. Was glad the UFC finally gave him a spot in the Hall of Heroes.

I voted no for Nog, Cro Cop, and Miletich.

Nog and Cro Cop because they're still fighting and I don't think the term befits an active fighter. They will be legends.

Miletich because I wasn't thinking about MFS and the influence he had on MMA for so many years even after he was done fighting. I should have picked yes for him.

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
No

The difference between a legend and a pioneer.

Yes to Coleman, Hughes, Nogueira and Cro Cop. No to Miletich.

Definite yes to all except Pat. He's just not that level. He's more Rich Franklin level. I'd argue both should be in the UFC hall of fame though.

Matt Hughes and Big Nog are "far more legendary" than the rest :)

Yeesh. Cro Cop was the only one I waffled on. Can't believe Miletich isn't getting any love. The dude is a legend beyond just as a fighter.

Miletich's coaching and camp revolutionized the sport.

Yep for all.

Stunned that Miletich is 50/50 right now (93 yes/92 no)

Matt Hughes and Big Nog are "far more legendary" than the rest :)
100%.

Hughes and Nog are among the greatest this sport has ever seen.
Ridiculous resumes.

Coleman - Definitely! Godfather of ground & pound and fought some of the best at his weightclass.

Hughes - Not a good personality & seems REALLY childish whenever he gets asked about St.Pierre, but that aside he has to be a legend. He really dominated his weightclass until he started to decline.

Big Nog - Definitely! Has crazy durability and very entertaining

Cro cop - Aside from his average UFC tenure, this guy was a beast. I would vote this guy in as a legend

Miletech - a good fighter for his time but not sure he has done enough to be a legend. I could see the argument that he deserves it since his camp (assuming Lawlor is still with him) has produced champs in Hughes (I believe he trained there when he was a champion) & Lawlor which is a pretty good resume. I will say no though, but really friggin close.

Back