Are there any side effects to a blood chokes?

I heard short term memory loss could be a side effect, but I've been choked out and I havent notice anything yet..

I heard short term memory loss could be a side effect, but I've been choked out and I havent notice anything yet...

well my throat hurts alot after i have fought chokes anbd my eyes are red and irritated as hell

I've only ever seen a guy get choked out unconscious once in real life practice, basically one guy had the other's back and sunk in a rear naked choke. The guy getting choked kept trying to fight it off and eventually he blacked out.

Once he came to he was all kind of freaked out (not like waking up from a nap, more like "shit what the hell happened?" freaked out) and some people had to kind of grab him real fast (he was still on the ground), calm him down for a second and tell him where he was and what just happened.

But there isn't any kind of long term side effects or anything. Honestly the only side effect that comes from being exposed to chokes is learning how to defend them better.

Really, you've only seen it once? It's happened to me like 3 or 4 times in the just over two years I've been training, and I've seen it happen maybe 20-25 times since I started.

Really, you've only seen it once? It's happened to me like 3 or 4 times in the just over two years I've been training, and I've seen it happen maybe 20-25 times since I started.

u still haven't learnt how to tap yet?

i get tapped out all the time and i feel fine. If you're concerned just tap early.

lol i have seen someone come out of it during one of those lucid dreams .. they wer very confused .. they dreamed that they reversed the choke and went to mount and sunk and arm bar ,, they couldnt understand .

Thanx for your help guys the experiences you have shared and sites that you posted for me to check out were awesome and helped me understand the chokes associated with the ground game more really appreciated it.

I once had a RNC on one of the best players at my school. I was squeezing like hell but he got out. He complained the next day that his lip was numb and attributed it to the choke.

So maybe one effect is your lip could be numb?

There is one side effect that I can think of. If you get continuously choked out a fair amount of times, in some people, something in your head realizes that it can just put you out if you're getting choked. If you've been choked out a lot previously, some people just need a little pressure on their neck and they'll pass out immediately. In my experience most of the old brazilian practitioners that have been around for a long time can tell you at least 1 story of this happening to somebody.

sounds like an urban myth

Scientific fact, besides death there is no risk in being choked. Seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back