• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are there any DC fans who admit to Jon Jones being the better fighter ?

Jones might have his number, but I think DC has accomplished more in his career. Blame Jon Jones for not giving us a definitive answer, not the fans.

JJ is objectively the better fighter by a mile. Beaten him twice. Finished him the last time. DC will forever be in shadow of JJ.

If Jones moves up to heavyweight within the next year and fights him clean, then sure, I'll say Jones is the best. Not going to happen, so we only know he is better when taking performance enhancers, and Daniel is cutting weight and fighting him with lower strength.

DC is awesome but Bones is GOAT.

Or do they all live in denial, pretending the two fights against Jon Jones never happened ?

I'm curious, because every single DC fan I came across on Sherdog seems to be a cherrypicker and/or MMA history revisionist.

The fact remains that Jones beat Cormier twice. Once thoroughly, another time devastatingly.

It doesn't make anyone less of a DC fan to give credit where credit is due, IMHO.
Only thing Jones is better at is injecting cocaine and roids

It doesn't matter who is the better fighter, Jones sacrificed his right to be compared to guys who haven't used PED's

DC is better than Jones because his achievements aren't tainted.

Can you admit Jones had a mental, physical, speed, confidence, strength advantage doing his roids? Because without all that he is not the better fighter. Its funny how so many are still up on his nutts pretending like he never did anything and trying to spin it like everyone roids, pfff get outta here with that nonsense. We can say everyone does everything but there is no proof of it, unlike with Jon.

Jones is by far the best PED CHEAT

Can you admit Jones had a mental, physical, speed, confidence, strength advantage doing his roids? Because without all that he is not the better fighter. Its funny how so many are still up on his nutts pretending like he never did anything and trying to spin it like everyone roids, pfff get outta here with that nonsense. We can say everyone does everything but there is no proof of it, unlike with Jon.
So true, for all we know the PED's are the only reason Jones edged Gustaffson or DC in the first fight....

I mean how highly would Jones be rated had he lost those close fights...?

Last edited:
Jones beat DC once, the second fight is null and void. Cause he failed his Tests, first time he did not so that win is a legit win.

If we want to start masturbating about tough guy stuff instead of the sport and count the latest fight, then we would need to start taking into account shanks and posses and gonnes and whatnot.

Jones is a great for sure.

It’s just really hard to get around a larger, younger, arguably more skilled guy needing to cheat to gain an advantage.

He probably could have beaten DC without the PEDs but we will never know because he didn’t have the balls to fight clean or go up to HW.

An enigma wrapped in a disaster

I'm not a massive DC fan and I've had way more fun watching Jones than him, but Jones hasn't proven himself to be the better fighter.

He was roided both times. He's as much as admitted it in interviews. His two 'wins' over DC don't count at this point.

If he gets off the juice and beats DC then I'll change my mind, until then Jones will always be the guy that was too scared to step in there with DC unless he was roided to the gills.

^ This man knows.

Jones and Cormier were scheduled to fight three times (UFC 182, UFC 200, UFC 214). Jon Jones failed a drug test on both occasions that were under USADA's scrutiny. It's going to be really hard to convince me that he was clean only when the drug tests were half-assed.

Sigh

BEEcNgm.gif

Dude.... I'm not really a big DC fan but USADA has been in place for 3 years and of those three years Jon Jones has been suspended for 2 years and 3 months of them and has tested positive for banned substances 3 times (once for cocaine and twice for steroids).

How can we possibly know how good Jon Jones truly is compared to DC? Are we to assume that even though Jon Jones was doing tons of terrible things (DUI, hit and run..etc) during his title defense period, he wasn't on the juice and then suddenly when USADA is in place he started taking them (so as to test positive multiple times)?

Jon is not a better fighter or even a fighter for that matter. He's a suspended fighter until he comes back in 2021.

Or do they all live in denial, pretending the two fights against Jon Jones never happened ?

I'm curious, because every single DC fan I came across on Sherdog seems to be a cherrypicker and/or MMA history revisionist.

The fact remains that Jones beat Cormier twice. Once thoroughly, another time devastatingly.

It doesn't make anyone less of a DC fan to give credit where credit is due, IMHO.

JonJones certainly is the better proven cheater...

Jon is not a better fighter or even a fighter for that matter. He's a suspended fighter until he comes back in 2021.
bet a dollar he commits another crime before then...

Back