• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Stunning and Brave Woman Wins (off brand small contest) Miss Alabama

Hog-train

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

'Miss Alabama' Sara Milliken's title is being disputed after fans claim plus size pageant queen isn't the real deal​

By NOA HALFF FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

A pageant queen who was crowned Miss National American Alabama 2024 is facing backlash from fans and former titleholders questioning the legitimacy of her title.
Sara Milliken, a plus-sized beauty pageant contestant, stirred controversy following her win over Memorial Day weekend as vicious trolls attacked her weight.
But now critics are voicing their confusion after several media outlets referred to Milliken as 'Miss Alabama.'
They were quick to point out the 23-year-old did not compete in the official Miss America competition.
One former winner, Miss Alabama Amie Beth Shaver, claimed she doesn't know what that contest 'even is.'

Sara Milliken, who recently won the title of Miss National American Alabama 2024, is facing backlash from pageant fans and former titleholders questioning the legitimacy of her crown

Sara Milliken, who recently won the title of Miss National American Alabama 2024, is facing backlash from pageant fans and former titleholders questioning the legitimacy of her crown

he winner of Miss Alabama USA in 2024 was Diane Westhoven

The winner of Miss Alabama USA in 2024 was Diane Westhoven
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cony-trooping-colour.html?ico=related-replace
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...hrew-drinks-not-side.html?ico=related-replace
Shaver emphasized that there is only one recognized Miss Alabama title, which leads to the Miss America competition. In addition, there is Miss Alabama USA, which sends contestants to the Miss USA pageant.
'Miss America now is 101 years old and then Miss USA, which goes on the Miss Universe pageant,' Shaver told 1819news. 'But this National American Miss, no one has heard of it. I don't even know what it is.'

Plus-sized Miss Alabama hits back at trolls who branded her an 'unhealthy embarrassment'​

article image

The winner of Miss Alabama USA in 2024 was Diane Westhoven.
Shaver claimed Miss America owns the rights to the 'Miss Alabama' title, so it is wrong to use that title for a different pageant.
'If you are a pageant person, you're only going to participate in either Miss America or Miss USA,' Shaver added.

Milliken was overjoyed when she scooped the top prize in the National American Miss pageant.
But her delight was short lived, as vile trolls quickly began taunting her about her appearance.
'Even something that you type over a screen can have a lasting impression on people,' she told WKRG.

Sarah Milliken, 23, was overjoyed when she scooped the top prize in the National American Miss pageant

Sarah Milliken, 23, was overjoyed when she scooped the top prize in the National American Miss pageant

After National media outlets referred to Milliken as 'Miss Alabama,' former pageant winners voiced their confusion and concern

After National media outlets referred to Milliken as 'Miss Alabama,' former pageant winners voiced their confusion and concern
'Even though I'm not at that point, it can lead people to do some very dark things to themselves.'

Among the harsh comments was one from Blaine Tom Mieroughts, who wrote: 'I thought it was a beauty pageant.'
Randy Hicks added: 'Is that actually considered attractive in Alabama?'

John Mason said: 'This should have been (M)iss Jack in the Box winner,' a cruel reference to the fast food chain.
Others were kinder, with Tracie Stephens-Brooks saying: 'To know is to love her. This young lady has a heart of gold and will give anyone in need a helping hand. A beautiful obese diva with style, sass and a lot of class.'

One former winner, Miss Alabama Amie Beth Shaver, claimed she doesn't know what that contest 'even is'

One former winner, Miss Alabama Amie Beth Shaver, claimed she doesn't know what that contest 'even is'

She is determined not to let the harsh criticism hold her back as she prepares for the national final which will be held in Florida over Thanksgiving

She is determined not to let the harsh criticism hold her back as she prepares for the national final which will be held in Florida over Thanksgiving

There is only one recognized Miss Alabama title, which leads to the Miss America competition. Pictured: Miss Alabama Diane Westhoven

There is only one recognized Miss Alabama title, which leads to the Miss America competition. Pictured: Miss Alabama Diane Westhoven
Samantha Thrash Duff added: 'So proud of her! We watched her all weekend and prayed hard that she would come home with that title! She is an amazing, sweet young woman and is going to do great things!;
And David Junior said: 'Great to finally not see some 100lb, blonde hair blue eyes who wants world peace win! Congrats to Alabama and this Queen!'

Now she is determined not to let the harsh criticism hold her back as she prepares for the national final which will be held in Florida over Thanksgiving.
'I'll be honest, it got to me for about five minutes,' she added . 'Their words can hurt, even if it is online.
'I've always wanted to spread positivity, and this kind of put me in a position to do exactly that.'

Milliken's victory was her third attempt at the contest, which says it hopes to foster 'positive self-image by enhancing natural beauty within'.

In addition, there is Miss Alabama USA, which sends contestants to the Miss USA pageant. Pictured: Diane Westhoven

In addition, there is Miss Alabama USA, which sends contestants to the Miss USA pageant. Pictured: Diane Westhoven

Diane Westhove, Miss Alabama USA 2024

Diane Westhove, Miss Alabama USA 2024
She responded to an open call and competed over Memorial Day Weekend by taking part in a series of interviews, volunteer work and presentations.
Scoring in the pageant is based on 'personality, confidence and communication', according to organizers.

'Braces, glasses, skin problems, varying heights, weights and appearances, are all a part of creating the special and unique individual that you are and that we want to celebrate,' the website states.
Milliken admitted she was shocked by the response to her win, but has since received an influx of support from across the world gaining 2,500 followers across Instagram and Facebook in a single night.
'No matter what your body looks like, no matter where you come from, you can do anything you set your mind to,' Milliken said following her victory.

Milliken admitted she was shocked by the response to her win, but has since received an influx of support from across the world gaining 2,500 followers across Instagram and Facebook in a single night

Milliken admitted she was shocked by the response to her win, but has since received an influx of support from across the world gaining 2,500 followers across Instagram and Facebook in a single night
'I met so many amazing and accomplished women. That was definitely the best part.'

Hundreds of her supporters have since flooded her inbox with offers of everything from dresses to thousands of dollars worth of beauty products to help her in the next round.
While she has been able to dust herself off, Milliken stressed it is not as easy for other victims of cyberbullying as she urged people to be kinder.

In response to the online hate about concerning her weight, the beauty queen said: 'The things some people were saying truly was disgusting. I choose not to dwell on that.'
'However, there is an important to be had and I feel that as a titleholder it would be extremely irresponsible for me not to address the 'second part' of this story.'I feel often times people resort to Cyberbullying because it doesn't feel real,' she continued. 'It's just words on a screen right? It can't possibly cause physical harm? Wrong. Victims of cyberbullying are twice more likely to engage in self harm and suicidal behaviors.'

Share or comment on this article: 'Miss Alabama' Sara Milliken's title is being disputed after fans claim plus size pageant queen isn't the real deal​

...in other news, Alabama continues its 250+ year streak of being ranked 50/50 in the USA with the lowest number of attractive women per capita

Heavy woman wins a no name contest. Why is this news?

So you look at this beauty contest and it’s winner and can’t see the issue? Interesting
No one has ever heard of this pageant

They select a controversial winner, suddenly their pageant is getting national attention for free

Pretty common gimmick really

First tranny men compete in female pagents. Now orcas. Where does it stop?

Why do you really care anyway? It’s a beauty pageant? For Miss Alabama? When’s the last time you gave a damn thing about Alabama?
put your hatred for this young lady aside. Good for her reach those dreams.

So you look at this beauty contest and it’s winner and can’t see the issue? Interesting

what's the issue? that chicks a fox.

don't you try to tell me that you wouldn't drink her bathwater, just for the opportunity to get a taste of what the best of alabama has to offer.

i would let her walk me around on a leash.

The heavyset woman is literally the states status quo regarding obesity.

She embodies Alabama more than that knock kneed blonde bean pole does.

Reactions: lsa
Heavy woman wins a no name contest. Why is this news?
"Heavy woman"

That's why. Now, perhaps it's no crisis, but in the age of the internet people will notice the lunacy. Especially when there seems to be a rather unmissable agenda. In 1996, it would be a joke on Letterman.

"Heavy woman"

That's why. Now, perhaps it's no crisis, but in the age of the internet people will notice the lunacy. Especially when there seems to be a rather unmissable agenda. In 1996, it would be a joke on Letterman.
lets be fair now, she represents the majority of Alabama's residents far more accurately than some skinny blonde.

Back