Are there actual people who think Tony WON'T be Khabib's next opponent?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by FrankDux, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Hank30

Hank30 Green Belt

So if the tony fight isn;t next you willing to put your baby account on the line if you are so sure?

2. BonesWinckleJones

BonesWinckleJones Green Belt

yeah.. meanwhile Rat AbdelaZiz claiming on GSP makes sense at this moment,you really think the dagestani bullies arent aware of the deal? L0L

3. El Fernas

El Fernas Red Belt

Shit happens, i'll wait for the announcement.

4. kalabula

kalabula Black Belt

I assume the powers at UFC, would rather it be Conor. Also, injuries occur. Late replacements happen.

5. Kvothe_the_kingkiller

Kvothe_the_kingkiller Purple Belt

Read it more carefully though. I put in red the important parts of these sentences:
    • “Nobody really cares about what Tony says,” Abdelaziz said. “Nobody gives a (expletive) really."
    • "As far as I know, GSP is next. That is what I want."
    • "Tony doesn’t get what he wants. We get what Khabib wants, and if Khabib calls me and says he wants Georges St-Pierre, Georges St-Pierre will be next.”
    In other words, the manager is just fucking talking. He's simply saying "Tony doesn't have control here. I have control. Khabib has control."

And remember, this is the same guy who promised us that Khabib would be fighting Mayweather. And many other stupid things.

MMAJunkie really screwed the pooch on this one with the choice of headline.

Dana said Ferguson. Khabib said Ferguson. Everyone is saying Ferguson. The manager is doing is job to keep options open, but even he softened it with "I want..." and "If (my fighter) wants, then...."

Dave Poodle likes this.
  6. AP_RESURRECTION

AP_RESURRECTION Gold Belt

I'm going to laugh if you folks who are sure the fight will happen/be negotiated successfully are disappointed. I've had other folks act like its crazy to think the fight wont happen. As if these people have learned nothing from following the UFC.

We're all hoping for the fight.