Are the Holidays breakup season?

my wife left me a week and a half ago :icon_neut

You are Free!!!

tumblr_m4lgbimb601qlfwzk.gif

Yep, broke up with my fiance a few days ago. I never thought about how many people break up over the holidays.

She wanted to go to a store on Sat. I was too tired so I told her we can just stop by on Sun (yesterday). Then yesterday she was being passive aggressive but I just ignored it and we still went to the store. Then she was being super rude to the employees which pissed me off.

I was white knighting the employees because I used to work retail and it already sucks as is. No need for a customer to be rude. We got into a big fight because I told her she had issues.

She bluffed and told me that if I was so agitated with her, I should break up with her. At first I told her I didn't want to but she kept insisting. So I called her bluff and walked out of her apartment. She was crying on the patio as I left her ass - Hollywood movie style.

Then she called and said she wants to work it out. I told her to give me 2 days to myself because we'll be both level headed by then and it'd be better. Now she's upset that we're not spending NYE/NY together. I'm sticking to my guns and will not contact her at least until Wednesday.

I love her but I can't let any chick dictate the way I live my life.

Cliffs:

- Got into a fight at retail store
- GF insisted we breakup
- I called her bluff and walked out
- GF wants to see me for NYE/NY
- I said Hellll Naaaah

Sending your emotionally distraught girlfriend out alone on NYE to get wasted is going to lead to her doing the no pants dance with the first guy with a dick and a smile.

lots of ipads have been given out over christmas

Hottest gift of the season. Apple found a new trend.

holidays bring on stress and emotions which leads to breakups.

True. It's stressful dealing with friends/family and giving each one quality time. Plus those presents add up to more stress.

Tis the season to put yourself in better position to bang the big tittied brunette you've been eye balling at the gym.

I won't do this but there are times when it's tempting. Takes a lot of discipline to be in a committed relationship.

I broke up with my sense of shame, just in time for New Year's Eve.

my wife left me a week and a half ago :icon_neut

Welcome to the club single gents.

For Bolshevik, sorry about that dude. You must've been confused, sad and mad at the same time. Even with me, where I made the final decision, I'm still feeling those emotions. I know that feel bro.

It's kind of in between that's why I was pissed. I already told her many times that I'm too dumb to be playing games so what I tell her is the truth. But she thought me being tired on Sat was a way of telling her I didn't want to go to the store at all.

I think that's why she was already throwing a hissy fit on Sunday, which led to the store incident. If she just listened to what I told her countless times, that I mean what I say, there would have been no fight to begin with.

She has a lot of good qualities including generosity and being sincere (for the most part). She wants what's the best for me and goes out of her to cook whenever she has free time.

She grew up in a household where she couldn't express her feelings well, which lead to a short temper. It's something that she's working on but yesterday I was just over it.

I want to give it another chance because the positive outweigh the negative but I'm willing to walk away 30 seconds or less like this guy if it comes down to it:

deniroheat2.jpg

Sounds like you really have feelings for her. I hope everything works out whatever you choose.

Yes.. Funny.. Gave my GF the choice between following the rules or leaving - she left. Normally when the same question is asked, my bluff isn't called.

You are Free!!!

tumblr_m4lgbimb601qlfwzk.gif

that's how i'm trying to see it, but it's probably too soon.

Bicycle_Tire_Repair_Kit_A05364.jpg

You're welcome

thanks.

Welcome to the club single gents.

For Bolshevik, sorry about that dude. You must've been confused, sad and mad at the same time. Even with me, where I made the final decision, I'm still feeling those emotions. I know that feel bro.

before she left, i kept telling her to get the hell out, i wouldn't care, she'd be doing me a favor, etc. but then afterwards i felt bad about some of the stuff i said. maybe i was wrong. i guess i'll find out in a few years.

Sending your emotionally distraught girlfriend out alone on NYE to get wasted is going to lead to her doing the no pants dance with the first guy with a dick and a smile.

I think she's just staying home.

But if she did go to a party with her friends and she hooks up, then it's over.

I would like to think I make decisions based on logic than my insecurities. But am I being insecure by not seeing her the next 2 days, maybe. The circle of life.

Yes.. Funny.. Gave my GF the choice between following the rules or leaving - she left. Normally when the same question is asked, my bluff isn't called.

same here. i had gotten away with it a few times before, but not this time...which makes me wonder :icon_conf

I think she's just staying home.

But if she did go to a party with her friends and she hooks up, then it's over.

I would like to think I make decisions based on logic than my insecurities. But am I being insecure by not seeing her the next 2 days, maybe. The circle of life.

too bad you won't find out until way after, such as when you contract chlamydia.

Sounds like you really have feelings for her. I hope everything works out whatever you choose.

Yeah I love her. Thanks for the kind words broski.

Doesn't matter if it's a dude or a dudette, people can only take ultimatums so much. LOL

No allowance raise this season?

not yet. i've spent like 800$ this month alone. thankfully i get paid on thursday, cus that money is going to come in handy.

not yet. i've spent like 800$ this month alone. thankfully i get paid on thursday, cus that money is going to come in handy.

Christmas broke me

I dropped at least 3 grand this month on shit.

And it wasn't even my shit

Christmas broke me

I dropped at least 3 grand this month on shit.

And it wasn't even my shit

Spend probably $150 with all the presents. Black Friday for the win!

All I'm waiting for is an iPad.

Statistically I think breakup season is fall.

I think the biggest months for breakups are August, Sept. October.

I've been broken up with before in September. Guess it makes sense.

A lot of students are going back to class, seasons are changing, people are growing up and look to a new year as a new life.

Teenagers are probably massively skewing the statistics.

Back