Are Some Fighters Born With K.O Power?

Your genes play a big part in your power. You can work on it, but some people have it, and some people do not.

This. I can't throw a punch to save my life but have hit mitts with ppl before who all told me I hit like a truck but to bad I can't hit shit.

Has nothing to do with power!

The difference is commitment and timing. That's it.

See Diaz vs Lawler for education ...

There are definitely innate physical factors (bone density, muscle fiber composition, where your tendons insert into your bones alters leverage and how much muscle force you can apply, etc.).

However, most of it comes down to muscular coordination and conditioning developed in the gym. My punch power was always mediocre at best and it wasn't until I was damn near 40 working out purely for fitness that I found a boxing coach who could teach me how to really lay into a straight right.

Coaching and fitness make up 80% of it, imo, with the innate factors being much smaller.

Some humans are born with the ability to utilize more fast twitch muscle fibers than others. This can equate to extraordinary abilities like throwing a baseball, football, a spear,....or knocking someone out.

There are slow twitch guys with KO power and fast twitch guys with no KO power.

You're most definitely born with 1 punch KO power.

mma_display_image.jpg

Back