Are small joint manipulations like fingers and wrists illegal in UFC?

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I am not that familiar with UFC rules, but are attempts to manipulate and/or break the wrist, fingers, etc.. allowed? I sometimes wonder why I don't see these types of attacks, thanks.

They are illegal. Not exactly sure about wrist locks, but they are pretty useless anyways.

When Jon Jones is sticking his fingers in peoples faces, eye gouging them on a regular basis, I fully support attempts to break his fingers. I would have to think a well timed punch could likely get a couple at once.

Maybe that would teach him a lesson?

Just so you know, the UFC doesn't set the rules (though they can add extra rules if they want, like Strikeforce banned elbows), the sanctioning bodies set the rules (usually an athletic commission). But yes, they're banned everywhere the unified rules have been accepted.

what about the five point palm exploding heart technique?

AhvuNl0.gif

3 finger rule. Just like yo' mama

Thanks guys, I suspected as much. I know that fingers, wrists, etc..are easy to break, and figured they were excluded as part of the unifed mma rules.

Diaz bro's only manipulate big joints. Small joints wont even hit them.

Finger locks are only legal when fighting your siblings in the LRFC (living room fighting championship)

Thanks guys, I suspected as much. I know that fingers, wrists, etc..are easy to break, and figured they were excluded as part of the unifed mma rules.

Wrist locks are legal...they are just pointless.

When Jon Jones is sticking his fingers in peoples faces, eye gouging them on a regular basis, I fully support attempts to break his fingers. I would have to think a well timed punch could likely get a couple at once.

Maybe that would teach him a lesson?
Source, because I think you're making shit up. How many times has a Jones fight been halted because of an eye poke?

Finger locks are only legal when fighting your siblings in the LRFC (living room fighting championship)

I used to be the undisputed champion. My friend and I had a tag team called the "Dynamic Duo" lol

I believe any grabbing of the gloves are illegal, so that even makes going AFTER a wrist-lock fairly difficult.

Source, because I think you're making shit up. How many times has a Jones fight been halted because of an eye poke?

Im oh, so busted. Yikes. Your mma knowledge is not to be tangled with. Obviously.

I believe wrist locks are legal, but because of all the protection they use on their fists and wrists, they're useless.

This is an interesting vid for this topic:

Fingers are off limits. I don't think wrists are, but they're so taped up that aikido shit doesn't work. It's hard to pull aikido shit off on other trained fighters, anyways.

Sensei Steven Seagal could probably pull of some crazy wrist locks though...

[YT]wgvwfvTcNl0[/YT]

Back