Are Rockhold and Weidman the strongest MW ever, physically speaking ?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
These guys are BIG. They can wrestle/grapple the shit out of the majority of the MW fighters, hell even most of the LHW roster. With the new standards of training, weight cutting, and considering their height/reach, is it safe to say there is no match for them in physical standards ?

I mean Silva could handle big Bonnar, yet he looked like an old man against Weidman, especially after the knockdown while clinching. I even think Jacare and Romero (without the juice) would be manhandled as well.
As for Luke, he is just so strong on the ground.. His kicks are lethal and i had the impression he was playing with kids when he faced Bisping or Machida.

Do you see anyone coming for them anytime soon ? I feel these two will be hard to deal with for quite some time

Rockhold looked like he was a weight class above Weidman when they fought.

How he makes 185 is beyond me.

Last edited:
usa-today-8989978.0.jpg

Did romero get caught or something ? What's the current situation right now ? Plus he's reaching 40..

Considering neither is at their natural weight, the answer is probably yes.

These guys are BIG. They can wrestle/grapple the shit out of the majority of the MW fighters, hell even most of the LHW roster. With the new standards of training, weight cutting, and considering their height/reach, is it safe to say there is no match for them in physical standards ?

I mean Silva could handle big Bonnar, yet he looked like an old man against Weidman, especially after the knockdown while clinching. I even think Jacare and Romero (without the juice) would be manhandled as well.
As for Luke, he is just so strong on the ground.. His kicks are lethal and i had the impression he was playing with kids when he faced Bisping or Machida.

Do you see anyone coming for them anytime soon ? I feel these two will be hard to deal with for quite some time
I would say Sonnen was stronger than both guys. People forget that Sonnen has much better wrestling credentials than both and he fought at close to 210lb with cardio for a full five rounds. He wouldn't have been an easy fight for either guy. People let the Jon Jones fight fool them, but Jones would ruin Rockhold and Weidman as well.

Yea Romero is the strongest guy in division in my opinion. Not far should be Roided Vitor. And now the rest of division.

A middleweight huh? :D

hqdefault.jpg

exnicq279m8qz40d2xmwaoir9.jpg

Yea Romero is the strongest guy in division in my opinion. Not far should be Roided Vitor. And now the rest of division.

A middleweight huh? :D

hqdefault.jpg

exnicq279m8qz40d2xmwaoir9.jpg
Agreed. Trtor was pretty fucking strong imo

But Romero is not natural. Imagine Weidman on PED's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back