Are Rat-Cans the real problem in the US?

nefti

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm talking about those die hard democrats/republicans that put their party loyalty above all. They ignore the hypocrisy of their party and paint the others as "evil" "communist" ect. They perpetuate the two party system by falling to the "lesser of two evils" nonsense.

My guess is there is no "real" problem. Just a bad combination of shit, but not so bad that America isn't a great place to live.

I'm talking about those die hard democrats/republicans that put their party loyalty above all. They ignore the hypocrisy of their party and paint the others as "evil" "communist" ect. They perpetuate the two party system by falling to the "lesser of two evils" nonsense.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

We have created moral hazard for our politicians. They know people won't vote the other way, so they don't have to perform.

The only people's votes you have to win are the rubes AKA low info voters, which is done through marketing.

My guess is there is no "real" problem. Just a bad combination of shit, but not so bad that America isn't a great place to live.
No kidding, right? The way people go on you would think we've been in some kind of fucking crisis for the last decade.

Yes it is a huge problem and it drives more and more people to the extremes. People will vote their party affiliation without knowing anything about the candidate.

It gets worse when these retards go protest and block the freeway. The more extreme you see the opposition, the more extreme you get in your support of your party.

No kidding, right? The way people go on you would think we've been in some kind of fucking crisis for the last decade.

I spent years thinking the grass is greener on the other side. Now I just appreciate the diversity of the amazing nation I was born a citizen of.

But I'm also a malcontent so....

c3ff0a1f4d220ece4e065d6d79eb210f.jpg

You'll see a lot of these people on Sherdog. They interpret any questioning of their opinion as proof that you support the "other side". They have no concept of the world outside the left-right paradigm. Just completely stuck in their bubble.

It is bad.

Everyone that voted Trump feels/will feel like they have to justify all his decisions.

Everyone that voted Hillary feels/will feel they have to undermine all his decisions.

I've never seen the liberal/republican hate greater.

I don't know whether to blame it on media, complacency or just outright boredom and an easy outlet with the Internet.

It is a strange time.

The problem is is that their isn't a viable alternative to the two party system, only Republicans and Democrats have the proper support system to challenge for a major state wide or national office.

The problem is is that their isn't a viable alternative to the two party system, only Republicans and Democrats have the proper support system to challenge for a major state wide or national office.

Did you see how much the election cost the last 2 candidates?

It's literallly billions of dollars just to campaign.

Shit is ridiculous.

For a new party to rise, one of the old parties would have to die. Whatever new party was created from the ashes would have to slowly consolidate its power and influence until it reaches the point where it becomes viable to win.

Whatever party was not killed, would have no competition for at least one election cycle and probably more than one. And this is why it will never happen. No side would willingly cede an entire cycle and hand over complete control to the opposition nor should they. That's fucking retarded.

Did you see how much the election cost the last 2 candidates?

It's literallly billions of dollars just to campaign.

Shit is ridiculous.
Yep, a third party can't get anywhere near the amount of resources needed to compete on the national stage.

For a new party to rise, one of the old parties would have to die. Whatever new party was created from the ashes would have to slowly consolidate its power and influence until it reaches the point where it becomes viable to win.

Whatever party was not killed, would have no competition for at least one election cycle and probably more than one. And this is why it will never happen. No side would willingly cede an entire cycle and hand over complete control to the opposition nor should they. That's fucking retarded.
Exactly what I was gonna say. During the transition period the other party would completely have unchecked power, meaning they could even rewrite the constitution to neuter opposition before a viable opposition party could be formed.

It would take an in power President who was maybe on both sides at one time or another to help that transition.

Current democratic party needs to go or change. Or we need something else.

It would take an in power President who was maybe on both sides at one time or another to help that transition.

Current democratic party needs to go or change. Or we need something else.

That's interesting. I would argue the republican party needs to go. Not change mind you, I like them the way they are. I just want them destroyed.

Trump might be just the man for the job. Fingers crossed.

That's interesting. I would argue the republican party needs to go. Not change mind you, I like them the way they are. I just want them destroyed.

Trump might be just the man for the job. Fingers crossed.

Lol. The DEMolition job Hillary did won't be recoverable in the next 4 years.
Enjoy the benefits from your hated party.

Exactly what I was gonna say. During the transition period the other party would completely have unchecked power, meaning they could even rewrite the constitution to neuter opposition before a viable opposition party could be formed.

Isn't this the exact type of fearmonging that would arise like "we are the less of two evils"? I really believe the us needs at least 2 new parties

Isn't this the exact type of fearmonging that would arise like "we are the less of two evils"? I really believe the us needs at least 2 new parties

I dont think so. What do you think Mitch Mconnell and Paul Ryan would pass if they knew they would be able to do literally anything they wanted? And that next election cycle they would win by a landslide again.

How about Harry Reid and Elizabeth Warren?

I dont think that half the country would be happy with that outcome. At all.

I dont think so. What do you think Mitch Mconnell and Paul Ryan would pass if they knew they would be able to do literally anything they wanted? And that next election cycle they would win by a landslide again.

How about Harry Reid and Elizabeth Warren?

I dont think that half the country would be happy with that outcome. At all.

I think that if given a monopoly these parties would start infighting and I doubt the doomsday scenario you put forward will come true. With your logic, there never can be change from the 2 party system they consolidates and monopolizes influence and power.

Back