• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are migrant children really being held in Texas?

Tonni is mad because Belgium is turning into an Islamic state and he wants the madness to continue and doesn't like being told how warped his way of thinking is.

You're mad because you don't like being told how warped your way of thinking is.
I'm not mad, it's just so obvious that you are the resurrected RIPwarrior and I'm sad that you're too cowardly to come forward. Typical reject behavior, they just can't see when they're unwelcome.

Every institution where children are separated from society and their parents, is ripe for abuse and needs to be as transparent as possible. Meaning, there needs to be external inspection and supervision.

I absolutely agree with this.

I agree with this in principle, but the description of this particular facility made it sound like they are doing the best they can to provide a safe environment. It's not going to be perfect, and it's sad that some abuse is likely to occur at some point. But I'm trying to look at it realistically. What do you think would be a better strategy for dealing with these 1,500 kids?
I have no idea what the solution is, to be honest. I'm just very wary about these kinds of camps and my first thought was "how do they prevent abuse?".

I'm not mad, it's just so obvious that you are the resurrected RIPwarrior and I'm sad that you're too cowardly to come forward. Typical reject behavior, they just can't see when they're unwelcome.

You can't hide your rage. No progressive welcomes the truth. It in fact sends them into progressive shock.

well .. the parents have committed a crime .. the children are innocent .. so you separate them until things are sorted out .. sounds about right

It's entirely legal for foreigners to apply for refugee status at the border. Those applying for said status are being separated from their children having broken no US law.

Quit with the disinfo.

Do you have any idea how much abuse occurs in, for example, a youth institution? Not necessarily the staff even though that happens more than you'd think, but abuse between the teenagers?

Every institution where children are separated from society and their parents, is ripe for abuse and needs to be as transparent as possible. Meaning, there needs to be external inspection and supervision.

So you’re just speculating. When reports or claims of abuse come out I’ll worry about it then. Until then it’s beyond a waste of my time to sit around getting angry about things that probably aren’t happening.

I have no idea what the solution is, to be honest. I'm just very wary about these kinds of camps and my first thought was "how do they prevent abuse?".

You don’t even know that there is abuse taking place there.

It's entirely legal for foreigners to apply for refugee status at the border. Those applying for said status are being separated from their children having broken no US law.

Quit with the disinfo.

What percentage of the kids being separated or being housed in this Wal-Mart fit into the parents applying for refugee status category?

Come on Falsie, tell the whole story.

WI2JHVDPQQI6RP4GUI2RWXWOTE.jpg
Thanks for that.

People like @Falsedawn and @HomerThompson have really made it obvious just how biased and propagandized liberals are.

well .. the parents have committed a crime .. the children are innocent .. so you separate them until things are sorted out .. sounds about right

Seeking asylum is not a crime.

According this article 70% of them are already separated from their parents when crossing the border . . .
I'm sure its true, but that doesn't change the fact that the ones who come with kids are being forcibly separated lost in the system

I’m guessing that in your mind, the “right thing” means it enforcing laws and letting everybody enter the USA freely?

I like this new lefty tactic of playing dumb lile they don't understand when they get owned.

Read the line above. Do you not seen why I might ask for a little clarification? You have a very low bar for being "owned." Also, I'm a righty.

Well you said that the “right thing” isn’t being done....so I asked you, what is the “right thing” to do.

I support enforcing laws in most instances, sadly though, legislators, both Federal and State, sometimes pass laws that ought not be enforced, ought to be enforced with discretion, or can be enforced with a bit more humanity than a "by the book" approach may dictate. I think the practice of separating young children from their family is one of the latter. In this case I have no problem with strictly enforcing immigration law in general, but think keeping families together is the humanitarian thing to do.

My larger point is that we should insist that our legislators spend time crafting well-though out and drafted laws rather than rushing shit through that nobody has even read "D's with Obamacare, R's with the recent tax law) and that is riddled with mistakes and intentionally vague so that they can wiggle when they get tough questions from constituents.

Read the line above. Do you not seen why I might ask for a little clarification? You have a very low bar for being "owned." Also, I'm a righty.

I support enforcing laws in most instances, sadly though, legislators, both Federal and State, sometimes pass laws that ought not be enforced, ought to be enforced with discretion, or can be enforced with a bit more humanity than a "by the book" approach may dictate. I think the practice of separating young children from their family is one of the latter. In this case I have no problem with strictly enforcing immigration law in general, but think keeping families together is the humanitarian thing to do.

My larger point is that we should insist that our legislators spend time crafting well-though out and drafted laws rather than rushing shit through that nobody has even read "D's with Obamacare, R's with the recent tax law) and that is riddled with mistakes and intentionally vague so that they can wiggle when they get tough questions from constituents.

70% of these kids are separated from their parents before they get in. This isn't a case of the law separating them.

Back