Social Are Home Covid Tests Reliable?

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I tested positive with the faintest line but apparently it’s still positive per the test instructions. Also have a cough, congestion, sore throat, chills and body aches. It’s just a coincidence right guys? Right?

Try confirming it with another home test.

10239213.jpeg

100%. I have had to miss work 3 weeks with pay since November. The home test just keeps saying I have COVID.

And I have to take Another next week too.

I tested positive with the faintest line but apparently it’s still positive per the test instructions. Also have a cough, congestion, sore throat, chills and body aches. It’s just a coincidence right guys? Right?
You have a cold, you big girl.

False positives happen but are rare. You have COVID.

False negatives are pretty common with the at home test. If you test before the viral load is high, you will probably get a false negative. I actually saw this in action this week. I had a coworker test on Tuesday when he first started feeling sick and got a negative. 2 days later he was feeling more sick, took it again and was positive

Cough? Congestion? Sore throat? Damn, if only NyQuil was still in business today...

Literally just talking to a coworker about this topic... Is there a "viral load" threshold that has to be met for a positive test, and can it be met with the natural virus'/bacteria we have on our person's that our immune system is handling? Like how we all supposedly have staph on our skin but aren't affected by it, we'd fail a test for staph germs even tho it's nothing to worry about? If that's possible, of course "they'd" want everyone to have "positive" tests to perpetuate the narrative so make sure you test often just in case you've been exposed, with or without symptoms...

As others mentioned, false positive is very very rare. If your kit shows two lines, it's likely you have covid.

I have done 40+ ART and been negative so far to the point that I wasn't sure if the kit actually works. Until my boss got a positive.

Back