Are Fedor fans the GOAT users of the "past his prime" excuse?

Yeah, his 30 second destruction of Tim Sylvia, and one punch KO of Arlovski really looked bad.

Fedor was the same Fedor he was in Pride, when he lost. It happens. He's not Superman.

At least use the "couldn't adjust to the cage" excuse. This "past his prime" shit is pure nonsense.

My favourite is the "his opponents were on steroids" when

A) Bigfoot never took TRT except for the Hunt fight almost 4 years after the Fedor fight

And more importantly,

B) PRIDE WAS THE FUCKING JUNGLE OF STEROID ABUSERS

JjqtH.gif

I mean if anything, Fedor's best days WERE the ones spent beating people on steroids.

I believe he was 38 when the Chris beat him the first time which anyone with multiple functioning brain cells knows is real fucking late in the game for fighters. Fedor was 33 when he went on his 3 fight skid in StrikeForce.

Fedor is now at the same age as Silva was when Silva lost the 2nd time to the Chris and he's off in Rizin fighting guys with 2-0 records...

I'm a HUGE f'ing Fedor fan, but claiming he lost because he was past his prime to a significantly older (Dan was nearly 40 at that point) and smaller Dan Henderson is complete bullshit.

He had just knocked out Bonnar in an instant the moment he decided to end the fight like 7 months before lmao.

Silva was the same as always, Chris was just a horrible match up for him. Which is why Silva ducked him for a year.

This is the problem with Sherdog, some people just don't seem to understand that fighters do change over time. Whether the change is for the good or the worse, it's debatable.

If you people seriously believe a fighter does not change over the course of 10 years, you might be retarded.

Can anyone beat Brock pre diverticulitis fans?Those are true goats of excues in MMA.

He had just knocked out Bonnar in an instant the moment he decided to end the fight like 7 months before lmao.

Silva was the same as always, Chris was just a horrible match up for him. Which is why Silva ducked him for a year.

Oh yeah he beat the legend Stephan Bonnar, must have been prime.

he was a few years older than fedor when the chirs beat him, but his nut huggers claim his prime started late, as they don't count his losses to the cans at age 29.
So let me ask you this, do you think the Silva that beat Forrest would lose to Azeredo, Takase and Chonan? That would be a pretty stupid thing to believe.

Hendo? You saw the fight right? Or did you just see the result on sherdog. I was there when it happened. Dan was knocked out and it wasnt stopped. Then he throws a hail mary, fedor drops but isnt unconcious and the ref, herb dean i believe, stopped it immediately. Fedor was up before herb even officially called it. Bad stoppages happen but that one stands out because hendo was dropped worse than fedor.

Werdum- maybe werdum wins 1 out of 5 but fedor would be the favorite imo.

Big foot-stop trolling
Lmao i have never seen so much delusion in my life :D god. Did YOU see the Hendo fight? Because sure, Fedor kinda messed up there and got caught and the fight probably wouldnt go exactly like that if they were to fight again. But Fedor wasnt even winning that fight before he got ko'd. He was getting hit standing and Hendo was keeping Fedor against the cage and Fedor looked like he had know idea how to get out of there.

i don't think he was out of prime when he lost, only out of shape imo
now i really don't know, maybe he is at this point
but imo hes still capable of wins against ufc guys and the favorite in my eyes

My favourite is the "his opponents were on steroids" when

A) Bigfoot never took TRT except for the Hunt fight almost 4 years after the Fedor fight

And more importantly,

B) PRIDE WAS THE FUCKING JUNGLE OF STEROID ABUSERS

JjqtH.gif

I mean if anything, Fedor's best days WERE the ones spent beating people on steroids.

I believe Bigfoot was on TRT for years prior, it was just vs Hunt he was caught with too high a test level.

Really though the big issue is that the lack of TRT and having to get brain sugery as a result explains Bigfoots massive decline since the st Hunt fight whilst Hendo's age vs Fedor is less of an issue when he had the test levels of a 25 year old.

This is the problem with Sherdog, some people just don't seem to understand that fighters do change over time. Whether the change is for the good or the worse, it's debatable.

If you people seriously believe a fighter does not change over the course of 10 years, you might be retarded.

I've been saying this for a while too. The people here simply have no concept of what aging does to any athlete in any sport. It's like watching Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards and then thinking he was the most overrated NBA player of all time.

Fedor has a lot of wear and tear. He has competed in numerous Combat Sambo competition alongside his mma fights. It takes it's toll on him. So in that sense yes... he was out of prime because of injuries.

Looking back, Fedor was just a lot of hype.

And I think the more BS Dana White talked about him, the bigger the myth grew. But Dana was never known for intelligent business tactics.

38 yr old prime athletes. Gotta love shertards.

Oh yeah he beat the legend Stephan Bonnar, must have been prime.

38 yr old prime athletes. Gotta love shertards.

Same speed, same power, same accuracy, same killer instinct... what exactly did he not show in the Bonnar fight that wasn't at all exactly like he had in supposed prime?

Isn't it, you know, far more likely that he had problems with Weidman himself than that his skills had suddenly gone flying out the roof in the like 7 months or whatever between his last fight where he showed everything he always did?

Like come on, you're being delusional here. This wasn't a case like GSP coming back from knee surgery and struggling with Condit, Diaz, and Hendricks, showing that his skills had indeed deteriorated, this was Anderson sucking against Weidman specifically.

I believe Bigfoot was on TRT for years prior, it was just vs Hunt he was caught with too high a test level.

Really though the big issue is that the lack of TRT and having to get brain sugery as a result explains Bigfoots massive decline since the st Hunt fight whilst Hendo's age vs Fedor is less of an issue when he had the test levels of a 25 year old.

No, he tried to be on TRT for the Overeem and Cain fights and no commission would allow him to. He was only on TRT for the Hunt fight because the fight was in Australia so the UFC was its own commission and approved him. He'd never before been allowed to use TRT.

If you want to say he was taking testosterone on the side himself that's one thing, but he was only ever on TRT against Hunt and most certainly was not on it against Fedor.

Dunno.
...but Fedor haters are certainly the GOATs of obsessing over guys they don't even like.

Lmao i have never seen so much delusion in my life :D god. Did YOU see the Hendo fight? Because sure, Fedor kinda messed up there and got caught and the fight probably wouldnt go exactly like that if they were to fight again. But Fedor wasnt even winning that fight before he got ko'd. He was getting hit standing and Hendo was keeping Fedor against the cage and Fedor looked like he had know idea how to get out of there.

Wasnt winning the fight?..........cmon man get real

Sonnen wasnt winning the silva fight either before he was subbed......

I can't think of any other fan base that is as quick and determined to parrot the "past his prime" excuse as Fedor fans.

Can any other fighter's fan base compare in regards to this?

Great thread. I've always said that fighters, unlike other sportspeople and human beings, dont decline with age. That's why guys like Dan Henderson and BJ Penn are as good now as they've ever been. I really dont understand why fighters dont fight on till they're in their 40s and 50s, as there's no tangible drop-off at all. The only reason why we dont see 60 year old UFC champions is ageism, which is illegal. Dana just doesnt want to try to sell fights between saggy-titted crinkly senior citizens.

THE UFC IS NOT A MERITOCRACY.

Back