Are Fedor fans the GOAT users of the "past his prime" excuse?

Fedor , Crocop and Nog
but its not really an excuse. They obviously changed. Some fighters adapt well to aging cause they change their style efectively or they never really relied on speed/reflexes/agility like Fedor(examples Couture or Hendo but they cannot pull it off anymore at elite level anyway)

I can't think of any other fan base that is as quick and determined to parrot the "past his prime" excuse as Fedor fans.

Can any other fighter's fan base compare in regards to this?
Anderson silva, GSP, fedor, cro cop, big nog, aldo, etc etc

Shogun fans are way more adept at the use of this excuse, its not even debatable.

His fans are up there but that award definitely goes to Shogun fans.

Yes. He probably would have lost to werdum in his prime also. Henderson was even older than him and still whooped his ass. Fedor fans need to accept he might be a little overrated.

Avoided the UFC for years, fights UFC fighters and loses immediately. Im not making this up these are facts.

Mighty mouse is the GOAT. Cruz had to wrestlefuck him cause he was getting lit up in the feet for fucks sake. He gets no love cause he's small and "boring".

Yes. He probably would have lost to werdum in his prime also. Henderson was even older than him and still whooped his ass. Fedor fans need to accept he might be a little overrated.

Avoided the UFC for years, fights UFC fighters and loses immediately. Im not making this up these are facts.

No one will accept him being overrated when the people shouting overrated are no different than the haters trying to put the fighter down.

I can't think of any other poster who mentions Fedor more than you. Shit, you even mention him in your signature. Even the most rabid of us Fedor fans don't have that sort of dedication. I bet you follow him on twitter and FB too.

You don't honestly believe that,Fedor gave Nog brain damage in pride while Werdum was used as punching bag by a prime Nog, now I know you're gonna say oh but Werdum has improved so much since then which is bs look he has the same sub skills he subbed Zentsov and Reem back then and as for his striking he outstruck Sergei for the first half of their fight until Sergei started finding his rhythem and tagging Werdum,the same thing happened when Werdum fought Reem in their rematch and Reem started tagging him like Sergei what did he do he fell to his back and lost the decision,it just that everyone uses the oh he improved so much because he has wins over past prime
Fedor and overrated Cain,you want to know what I find shockingis that Cain and JDS haven't been around that long and are already fading or are doneand that old pride veterans are the cream of the crop in 2016.

As a fan of Fedor, Nog, Wandy, Shogun etc, I'd say...no. I'll pass that to Liddell, BJ and Tito fans!

Fedor , Crocop and Nog
but its not really an excuse. They obviously changed. Some fighters adapt well to aging cause they change their style efectively or they never really relied on speed/reflexes/agility like Fedor(examples Couture or Hendo but they cannot pull it off anymore at elite level anyway)

I think the big issue is that support for ex Pride fighters tends to last when the fighters themselves have declined whilst support for UFC fighters tends to decline very quickly when they lose their spot at the top since your often looking at people who are really fans of Zuffa hype and will follow where it points.

Fedor and Mike Tyson fans use the passed their prime excuse probably the most. I never understood the kettlebell Fedor pic. I understand its kind've a joke but some people actually use that to somehow prove he's the greatest or was passed his prime after pride. First off, in the pic he is still really flabby in his stomach and love handles, it is after a workout and the lighting is working to his advantage. He looks basically the same as he looked against Singh. Also from going by the pic fedor would've probably done better and not been as overpowered and as outmuscled by Hendo and Bigfoot if he stength trained his legs. His legs are very skinny and very underdeveloped, that's where most all the power and strength comes from.

Let me ask you this: do you actually still believe he is fighting at the same level he was 10 years ago?
I do believe at 32-34 he was still good to go. Perhaps he wasnt training as hard as he should have been but that is being lazy not past youe prime.

silva.

he was a few years older than fedor when the chirs beat him, but his nut huggers claim his prime started late, as they don't count his losses to the cans at age 29.

I believe he was 38 when the Chris beat him the first time which anyone with multiple functioning brain cells knows is real fucking late in the game for fighters. Fedor was 33 when he went on his 3 fight skid in StrikeForce.

Fedor is now at the same age as Silva was when Silva lost the 2nd time to the Chris and he's off in Rizin fighting guys with 2-0 records...

I'm a HUGE f'ing Fedor fan, but claiming he lost because he was past his prime to a significantly older (Dan was nearly 40 at that point) and smaller Dan Henderson is complete bullshit.

Another thread by a Zuffa zombie with an intention to diminish the legacy of GOAT.

What the fuck does the thread title mean? Why do the users of this forum just throw the word GOAT into any and every sentence? As if that goddamn term isn't ridiculously over-used and mis-used as it is already.

I'd be happy if we could just stop using the term altogether since at this point it's lost all meaning.

Back