Are Conor and Khabib adequately marketing this fight?

We o a month and there is already momentum.

I'm more concerned with factors of unfortunate fate....

Are you seriously suggesting that Conor nearly went to jail by throwing the dolly to promote UFC? No, he was behaving like an idiot.
The fight was only signed after the dolly incident so Conor was probably pressured by the UFC to fight Khabib or they were going to use the incident to strip him of the belt and throw him under the bus publicly. So he's only grudgingly accepted the Khabib fight and is refusing to perform certain tasks and daring the UFC to do something about it.
Such a tired narrative that Conor ducks people. Compare his resume to Khabib’s. Conor hasn’t ducked anyone. He didn’t “grudgingly” accept this fight. He’s never wanted to KO someone more. Evidenced by how serious he is taking this camp.

Where is Khabib’s promotion? Send him to Jimmy Kimmel. Send Khabib to ESPN and Fox Sports. We both know why that isn’t happening though. Khabib couldn’t sell a life jacket to someone drowning. Dude wouldn’t even trade barbs with Conor on social media. Conor had to rely on a reliable fight salesman (Floyd) to get something going.

Such a tired narrative that Conor ducks people. Compare his resume to Khabib’s. Conor hasn’t ducked anyone. He didn’t “grudgingly” accept this fight. He’s never wanted to KO someone more. Evidenced by how serious he is taking this camp.

Where is Khabib’s promotion? Send him to Jimmy Kimmel. Send Khabib to ESPN and Fox Sports. We both know why that isn’t happening though. Khabib couldn’t sell a life jacket to someone drowning. Dude wouldn’t even trade barbs with Conor on social media. Conor had to rely on a reliable fight salesman (Floyd) to get something going.

The dolly incident was a black mark against the UFC. Imagine big name fighters like Lesnar acting larger than life throwing things around to promote fights.
Sounds weird that you would blame Khabib because Conor wouldn't even bother showing up at any press events let alone do them right.

The dolly incident was a black mark against the UFC. Imagine big name fighters like Lesnar acting larger than life throwing things around to promote fights.
Sounds weird that you would blame Khabib because Conor wouldn't even bother showing up at any press events let alone do them right.
https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

Conor has the top 4 UFC PPV’s of all time. After this fight he will have the top 5. He could be fighting any bum on the roster and still do over a million PPV’s just based on the fact he’s coming back from a long layoff (with the name recognition and notoriety he gained from the Floyd fight and world tour). If I was Conor I’d be giving pushback to the UFC too. Have you ever worked in sales? The top sales guys in any organization get a lot of leeway. They earn it by virtue of the amount of $ they bring into the company.

The build up to this fight has been thoroughly disappointing. I wanted exclusive interviews and press conferences.

Literally nothing has happened since the fight was announced almost a month ago or so.

There’s been more promotion and marketing from YouTube fanboys.

https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

Conor has the top 4 UFC PPV’s of all time. After this fight he will have the top 5. He could be fighting any bum on the roster and still do over a million PPV’s just based on the fact he’s coming back from a long layoff (with the name recognition and notoriety he gained from the Floyd fight and world tour). If I was Conor I’d be giving pushback to the UFC too. Have you ever worked in sales? The top sales guys in any organization get a lot of leeway. They earn it by virtue of the amount of $ they bring into the company.

You've been replying questions with more questions of your own. Top sales performers get some leeway but not dolly throwing leeway. Brand image of corporations is also something important they want to protect.
So you haven't explained your earlier assertions how Conor 'promoted' the Khabib fight by throwing the dolly. Or why you would blame Khabib when Conor refuses to even show up. The very quick Khabib-Conor match date after the dolly incident suggests that Conor was pressured after the incident to fight asap. The Khabib match is close to 2 yrs after his last mma match and well over a year after his boxing match.
Conor is acting like a sullen child who is looking for petty ways to annoy his parents.

You've been replying questions with more questions of your own. Top sales performers get some leeway but not dolly throwing leeway. Brand image of corporations is also something important they want to protect.
So you haven't explained your earlier assertions how Conor 'promoted' the Khabib fight by throwing the dolly. Or why you would blame Khabib when Conor refuses to even show up. The very quick Khabib-Conor match date after the dolly incident suggests that Conor was pressured after the incident to fight asap. The Khabib match is close to 2 yrs after his last mma match and well over a year after his boxing match.
Conor is acting like a sullen child who is looking for petty ways to annoy his parents.
How does the quick matchup between Conor and Khabib after the dolly incident in anyway suggest he was “pressured” to fight Khabib? Is it really so hard for you to wrap your head around the fact Conor legitimately doesn’t like this guy? He flew 6 hours just to confront him after what he did to Artem. The logical jump from “conor really doesn’t like khabib” to “Conor and khabib are fighting oct 6” is much easier to make then your own biased opinion that something behind the scenes must have happened to “pressure” Conor into taking this fight. Makes no sense. Conor has $100m in the bank. He’s not doing anything he doesn’t want to do.

And no I’m not suggesting Conor made a conscious decision to promote the fight by throwing the dolly. But you can’t deny that’s what ended up happening. That was the equivalent of millions of $ of free promotion for the UFC. It was picked up by all mainstream media outlets worldwide. This fight is already sold. The backstory between these two guys is already 10x what the average PPV main event has.

A dolly speaks more than a trillion words.

Let the man train his UFC now!

Eh, I suppose that’s one way to look at it. I generally don’t think prize fighters are scared of one another, but it is a bit odd he has gone silent.

GSP was on Rogan's podcast saying how he was often scared to fight. Perhaps you're not afraid of the other guy, but you are afraid of all the different scenarios you lose. Like I said in the OP, Conor is lobbing tweets and IG posts Khabib's way without any reciprocation.

if you want promotion, go watch ronda rousey in WWE

I want these guys to train their asses off so we can get the highest quality violence possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back