Opinion Are All Men Equal?

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Kid came home with some homework and I thought this question would be perfect for discussion.

here is the question?

TIKQonp.jpg

Kid came home with some homework and I thought this question would be perfect for discussion.

here is the question?

TIKQonp.jpg
What grade?

This is a fun question that can be answered many ways. At the time the inference could have simply meant equal in the eyes of god and not public or societal influence.

The answer should be some people were 3/5 a man in the constitution. Therefore white supremacy.

Morally equal in the eyes of God. This is different from old European belief in church hierarchy and monarchy, or the idea of "Man-worth" in that a crime against a rich man was worse than a crime against a poor man. We have ALWAYS believed that the murder of a rich man is equal to the murder of a poor man, philosophically, even if the deep roots of bootlickers, racists, and ketchup dicks often fail to uphold our values.

Not all people should have the same rights, that’s a large part of the problem we’re in right now. What governance are we talking about when 330 million people are making a decision?

As stated morally and in worth at birth. A good man/person is worth the same no matter their station in society.

All deserve equal treatment under the law.

Morally equal in the eyes of God. This is different from old European belief in church hierarchy and monarchy, or the idea of "Man-worth" in that a crime against a rich man was worse than a crime against a poor man. We have ALWAYS believed that the murder of a rich man is equal to the murder of a poor man, philosophically, even if the deep roots of bootlickers, racists, and ketchup dicks often fail to uphold our values.

Ketchup-dick?

Can't say I've heard that one before.

CREATED equal doesn't mean all men are equal. Certain behaviors lose certain rights, like felons losing their 2nd amendment rights and right to vote, and while they're in prison lose most of their rights. I'm personally not a fan of people who don't pay any income tax getting to decide tax rates, but they do.

I agree with being equal at birth, but not that everyone is exactly equal no matter what they do forever.

Ketchup-dick?

Can't say I've heard that one before.

It's basically a boot licker who tries to fake it till he makes it as an elite figure. Imagine a small town traffic cop demanding the respect of a NYC FBI agent who rescues sex abuse victims from the Russian Mob.

Or like a volunteer fire fighter than runs their lights and sirens in their drive way at home to make sure they work, especially when the neighbors are outside to see it. If you ask them what they do, they say they go into buildings to save people from fires, even if they have only done it once or never, and really they roll 10 deep to take grandma to the hospital for failure to thrive.

Back